FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 3:23 pm   Permalink

We are donating an exclusive event only pc. of jewelry for the auction.

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-14 10:09, SoccerTiki wrote:
WOW!!! We have received word from all these "Friends of Marie" who will be donating to the Silent auction and Raffle at mariepalooza.com !!!
Doug Horne, Squid, Bamboo Ben, Polynesiac, Benzart, Otto, Tiki Farm, Skinny Dog, Tiki Moai, Big Toe, Eric October, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, Little Lost Tiki, Hulaville, Tiki Tony, Fluff & Jason, Sven, Wildsville Man, Kiki von Tiki, Gecko, Tonga Hut, The Picture Show Gallery, Meshugga Beach Party, Johnny Velour, April Gryener, Scott Mabbutt, Thomas, Dibroc, Tiki Pops, Tiki G., Mad Dog Mike, Whorehay Spahn, HB Tiki and more to come!!!

This is more like an art show/music festival!!!

Get your tickets today!!! mariepalooza.com/services

Holy Begeezus Batman.
that is awesome.
also...
I'm sure that most of the bands playing that day will donate some cds and t-shirts.
I know that the Ghastly Ones and The Dynotones want to donate merch.
Matt Reese and Dave(sleestack) from SD said they would donate some art.
The Martini Kings will be donating a bunch of CDs.
and Insect Dave said he would donate some Insect poster art, and some cds.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-15 10:18 am   Permalink

Just what is a "Palooza"????

Urban Definition:
1. The art of throwing a very drunken extravagant party with a plethora of friends. Whoever is throwing the palooza usually adds their name as a prefix to the word. Paloozas are usually held on Wednesday.
2. An all-out crazy party; partying at one place with a ton of people like there's no tomorrow.
3. A party that usually lasts for the whole night. And non stop fun.
4. A wild crazed out mutha f##kin party that no one will forget.

Other Accepted Definitions:
1. A suffix for an event that is usually big and has a lot of people, pretty much a giant party.
2. Short answer: It is taken from "lollapalooza" (also various other phonetic spellings) and means "humdinger".
3 The "American Heritage Dictionary" says a lollapalooza is: "something outstanding of its kind", but after the Lollapalooza Tour, it's usually used as a suffix to indicate an extravaganza of some sort.

8 Bands, 3 Inside Venues, Art Auction and a "30+ Prize Raffle" amongst 500 of your closest friends at Don the Beachcomber...ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!! Now, I call THAT a PALOOZA!!!

Buy your tickets today!
www.mariepalooza.com/services

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 11:02 am   Permalink

I like your definition Chris...works for me.This will be one hell of an event all for
a very good cause .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 5:53 pm   Permalink

We are going to be creating a VERY special piece with a edition of 2 !!!

It will be called " ME AND MARIE " .

And the winning bidder will get one and Marie will get the other .

Sound Good ???

THEN BID HIGH KIDDIES !!!

Scott and Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 2:18 pm   Permalink

Wishing Marie A Speedy Recovery
Some Hottiki TapaTattoo Pendants for the MariePalooza Raffle/Auction

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-17 07:46 am   Permalink

The Tikiyaki Orchestra, The Smokin' Menehunes, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers, Exotiki starting at 6pm all under one roof! And for those surf music fans, come to Don's earlier to see Slacktone, The Eliminators, The Boardwalkers and OuterWave starting at 2pm in the Longboard Room! What a Day! What an Evening! There is some very cool artwork, creations and swag lined up for the Silent Auction and Raffle for the event as well! Get your tickets now at www.mariepalooza.com/services

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 2:01 pm   Permalink

I am flying out next Monday to start the new gig in Sacramento and am planning to make my way south to DtB for Mariepolooza on Memorial Day weekend. Are any other Nor Cal ohana planning to go south as well?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 4:35 pm   Permalink

Just got our brown paper tickets for the event in the mail!

Since it is my birthday and we don't want to misbehave and drive, we were going to get a room at one of the nearby joints. So, which one do you recommend and do you know if we can reserve it online.

And now I must sit down and work on our "Me and Marie" jewelry set.

Jen

Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 8:20 pm   Permalink

Shanna and I just purchased our tickets and look forward to it. I'd like to volunteer to help since I have plenty of free time now that school is coming to an end.

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-17 16:35, Skinny Dog wrote:
Just got our brown paper tickets for the event in the mail!

Since it is my birthday and we don't want to misbehave and drive, we were going to get a room at one of the nearby joints. So, which one do you recommend and do you know if we can reserve it online.

And now I must sit down and work on our "Me and Marie" jewelry set.

Jen

Jen - we're doing the same thing - birthday girls unite!

Some hotel feedback: We've stayed at the Ocean View Lodge before (within walking distance from Don's) on New Years and Halloween. You can reserve it online. While it was fine for what it is, the owners are extremely rude, and a little bizarre. They tend to pressure you to leave your room well before check-out time, and even OPEN ROOM DOORS without knocking. We had read about them doing that in online reviews, but just wrote it off, until they did the same thing to us. The owner actually opened the room door while we were laying in bed the morning of our check-out - no knock, no emergency, no explanation. He just muttered sorry, and pulled it shut again. He fully knew we were in there as well. CREEPY. Needless to say, I don't recommend that hotel for that reason! There are two other low budget motels within walking distance (the 777, and something else) that fellow TC'ers have stayed at, and hopefully someone will chime in on one of those. I recall hearing that they're also your basic divey motels, so as long as you know and expect that, you should be fine. Depends on what you're hoping for. Unfortunately, I think the Ocean View Peepshow (oops, I mean "Lodge") was supposed to be the nicest of the three.

For this last New Year's eve we stayed at The Hampton Inn on Seal Beach Blvd, which was where Don's had a partnership, and it was great. The rate was reasonable, the room was really nice, and it's right next door to a Del Taco, which came in very handy at 2:00am. It's also in the same lot as a Starbucks, which came in very handy at 11:00am. It's a few miles from Don's, so you do have to take a cab, but I think the ride was only about $8. We're going to stay there again this time, and if you guys do too, we'd be happy to share a cab back if we all last to the end.

Deanna

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-18 1:43 pm   Permalink

Get your tickets here: www.mariepalooza.com/services
Don't miss The Tikiyaki Orchestra, The Smokin' Menehunes, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers, Exotiki all starting around 6pm! AND.....Slacktone, The Eliminators, The Boardwalkers and OuterWave starting at 2pm in the Longboard Room!!! ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT!!!! And raffles! And auctions! And more!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 09:52 am   Permalink

amazing art work being donated for this good cause.
come on out for the event, and see what you might get.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 10:38 am   Permalink

Here is a list of the bands, and their myspace page to give them a listen.

The Boardwalkers,
http://www.myspace.com/boardwalkers
Outerwave, http://www.myspace.com/outerwavesurf
The Eliminators, http://www.myspace.com/theeliminatorssurfband
Slacktone, http://www.myspace.com/slacktone
---------
Exotiki, http://www.myspace.com/exotikimusic
The Smokin Menehunes, http://www.myspace.com/thesmokinmenehunes
Glasgow Tiki Shakers, http://www.myspace.com/glasgowtikishakers
Tikiyaki Orchestra, http://www.myspace.com/tikiyaki

Can't wait for this amazing line up of Musicians.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-19 10:39 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-19 10:42 am   Permalink

GROG donating a Java Bob, and a pair of Moai Salt and Pepper shakers.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation