FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events ENCORE! The SOUND of TIKI Tour hits the valley -SUN, May 23rd- Mixed sounds matching mixed drinks!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
ENCORE! The SOUND of TIKI Tour hits the valley -SUN, May 23rd- Mixed sounds matching mixed drinks!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-20 5:26 pm   Permalink

Hiphipahula serve a "Pieces of Eight" to GROG last night at the Rumpus Room. GROG like. Very tasty.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 6:47 pm   Permalink

Oh goody!

This will look better at the beginning of Page 3, as we know everyone is too busy/lazy to go check the previous pages.
We are living so in the NOW, baby!:

Oh boy, I am looking so forward to this Sunday, to be
LISTENING TO, and DRINKING THE

...and the BALI HAI:

or the HAWAIIAN EYE ! :

and thank you Kelly, for surprising me with the SVEN-TIKI, a rare treat!
Perhaps the first time it will be served in a real Tiki bar!

(Disclaimer: Sorry, but the above cocktails will NOT be served in any of the themed vessels pictured above )

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-21 10:21 am   Permalink

Maybe we should get a dunk tank for this event. Sven, will you sit in the dunk tank? 3 balls for a dollar to sink Sven!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-21 10:50 am   Permalink

GROG vote DUNK TANK!!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 11:51 am   Permalink

Only if the tank is filled with the Sven-Tiki cocktail! You know I work not for pennies, but for cocktails.
Waitaminnit, now THAT would make it a REAL Sven-Tiki cocktail: A big tank full of the libation, WITH Sven-Tiki in it!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:07 pm   Permalink

Nowwaitaminnetagen, if we have that many people drinking that huge of a tank of Sven-Tiki cocktails I think we will have to refer to it as the "Drunk Tank" of Sven-Tiki cocktail.
I couldn't resist, it was a great set up

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-21 13:09 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:22 pm   Permalink

Drunk tank!
good one Kelly!

Look forward to sampling your Sound of tiki drinks my dear!
And also your new velvet taboo! MMMMMMMMM! Hearing good things about
that one too!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 8:41 pm   Permalink

Wow, at least there won't be any indecision as to what drinks to order. This Sunday's line-up is all laid out right here.

Also maybe Poison Ivy will show up, I think she's a Val.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34417&forum=11&vpost=531619

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-05-21 20:45 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 10:17 pm   Permalink

Poison Ivy! Tres Cool!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-23 12:47 pm   Permalink

GROG see ya'll tonight at the Tonga Hut.

GROG looking forward to getting this CD/booklet, Bigbro. GROG bring your Java Bob for you.

GROG not have enough time to rent a dunk tank, so maybe GROG just "accidently" spill water on Bigbro, and that'll have to do.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-05-23 12:49 ]

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-23 10:43 pm   Permalink

Made it through the night's special drink list. Whoa.... !! Goddamn those drinks were good. My favorite was the "Hawaiian Eye".

The thing I most distinctly remember is Kelly yelling at me to use two hands when bringing the Bigbro his cocktail in his special Sven-Tiki mug. "Don't drop it, don't drop it !!".

Another classic Tiki evening in a classic Tiki place, drinking classic Tiki drinks and listening to classic Tiki music. And let's not forget the classic Tiki people.

Thanks again Bigbro, Hiphipahula (Kelly), Marty Lush, and TH owner Jeremy !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-05-23 22:45 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-23 11:19 pm   Permalink

That was fun, thanks everyone!!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2010-05-24 12:21 am   Permalink

Thanks to all those involved with this evening's event. My wife and I had a good time and had some great drinks. I personally enjoyed both a Pieces of Eight and a Hawaiian Eye. Slight edge to the Pieces of Eight, though both were excellent. The music was top-notch as well.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-24 11:40 am   Permalink

Great time last night.
Went to all three Sound of Tiki parties
and tonga hut was my favorite time. Love the
drinks matching the songs. Great job Jeremy,
tasty drinks Kelly, and congrats again to Sven!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-24 2:47 pm   Permalink

GROG have fun.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation