FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events ENCORE! The SOUND of TIKI Tour hits the valley -SUN, May 23rd- Mixed sounds matching mixed drinks!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
ENCORE! The SOUND of TIKI Tour hits the valley -SUN, May 23rd- Mixed sounds matching mixed drinks!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-24 4:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-24 14:47, GROG wrote:
GROG have fun.

Indeed! Grogster, this is the song I had mentioned to ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS42Na2mpc&feature=related
A classic of the cave man genre!

I had a really nice time, it was just the right size of crowd, where I felt I could take it easy, and yet I got to talk to almost everybody personally.
Kelly's rum rhapsodies were naaaice, she is not only a great mixologist, but also a great story teller: That story about the (recently deceased) 40-Year Tonga Hut regular named Dotty was fascinating! Every detail was so classic. Thanks so much everybody!

P.S.: Grog, I almost forgot the follow up to Troglodyte: Anthropoid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgBTHFNs6zs&feature=related

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-05-24 21:49 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-24 10:43 pm   Permalink

GROG remember "Troglodyte" song now. Bertha Butt, one of the Butt sisters.

GROG hadn't heard "Anthropoid" before. Thanks for links Bigbro.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-24 11:25 pm   Permalink

The SOUND of TIKI Tour was a total blast when it hit Tonga Hut, and here's some pics for those of you who missed it...

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-24 23:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-24 23:30 ]

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 10:11 am   Permalink

Good Times as always.
Thanx goes to:
Tonga Tom- for the pix
Kelly- for the BALI HAI's YUM!
Joe Banks and John O for purchacing my elixirs of the eve.
Marty for the tunes
Sven for the reason to celebrate
Bobby, Lili and Erik... just 4 showing up
and to Jeremy and the rest of the Tonga Sunday peeps.
U r all FABULOUS and I look 4ward to seeing u all again SUPER soon-at MariePalooza!!!

P.S.
COMING SOON:
Rosered's FAMOUS Mango Chipotle Guacamole dip

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 10:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-24 23:25, Tonga Tom wrote:
....and here's some pics for those of you who missed it...

SOME pics !? Whoa, that's close to 40! Great job, Tom! It is nice that the Tonga Hut has its own "court photographer" that covers these events. What a happy family!

I think I figured it out now, Tom, it's not your flash alone that makes these look so good, you go in in post, lower the exposure and put in the soft shadow edges, right?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 3:13 pm   Permalink

Tonga Tom,

Thanks for all of the great photos, looks like a great event at a great place with great guests.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 6:30 pm   Permalink

great snaps Tonga the hut Tom!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-25 6:52 pm   Permalink

I guess I,m gonna host the first Sound of Tiki listening party in Norcal?

NEXT Wed, June 2
8pm til midnight
Forbidden Island

I will spin the CD, bring the lp versions that I have, alternate versions of the same tracks, and other tunes off the lps.

I,ll start a separate thread here

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-25 8:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-25 18:52, Otto wrote:
I guess I,m gonna host the first Sound of Tiki listening party in Norcal?

NEXT Wed, June 2
8pm til midnight
Forbidden Island

I will spin the CD, bring the lp versions that I have, alternate versions of the same tracks, and other tunes off the lps.

I,ll start a separate thread here

Very Cool, I was hoping, thinking it would be great to do that at FI.
is Sven going to be there?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-25 10:22 pm   Permalink

Sven's the Sound Of Tiki is a Smash Hit!

On Behalf of the Tonga Hut I would I would like to thank Sven for coming out to the Tonga Hut for this Smash Hit of a party! Great times were had by all. The tunes on Sound of Tiki are excellent and with great classic drinks such as, Hawaiian Eye, Pieces of Eight and the "Remix" version of the Sven-Tiki you cant go wrong. The success of the Bali Bai surprised me a bit as I wasn't sure Tiki Folks were going to like the Champagne so much, I Think it was the 2oz. of Hanalei house mix myself it's delicious. On the other hand, I'm not surprised, as a few know out there, I am a huge fan of the Tiny Bubbles. I really got a kick out of serving Sven and myself our "Sven-Tiki" cocktails in a couple of rare color and event Sven Tiki Mugs. Sven signed everything from CD's to BOT's, Tiki Modern and a few mugs for our delight.
Thank You to my boss Jeremy who is so open to new idea's and for his love of Tiki, it just keeps getting better. Thanks Marty Lush as always you big lounge lizard and in our world, that's a compliment. Thanks Manuel, Eric, Tonga Tom and Sherriyaki and Grog
Again, Thank You Sven and Naomi, Thank You everyone for coming out early Sunday and staying late it was too good to just go home and the Hut is so cozy and friendly.
See you all again soon! Thank You!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation