FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-25 09:47 am   Permalink

Jeez, I didn't realize how much I've missed on this thread. You are quite the tiki trooper, Wendy! My jaw was on the keyboard the whole time I was reading/seeing your progress. You're amazing! Hopefully we'll see you Sunday at F.I.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-26 7:33 pm   Permalink

Tobor, good to see you today at the FI sale. Yesterday morning before we left I took the last load of mugs and glaze chips from the kiln. Success every one came out just fine. We went off to the Southbay crawl and FI sale worry free. We had the best time even though we got lost in the mountains above Los Gatos for 1.5 hours and never found Tikitastics home (dang it). Tomorrow I will start to do the cold paint on each mug. The crawl is less than two weeks away. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 3:57 pm   Permalink

Counting down the last couple weeks until the crawl. I have received and confirmed all hosts information and the schedule is as posted on page 1.

If you are attending, please feel free to bring anything you are interested in trading or selling to the Saturday stop at my house. We had a good time doing this last year and look forward to more participants bringing stuff for this or the White Elephant Tiki Trade (which I am officially right now putting Leleliz in charge of)

This will be the biggest event in Sacramento to date. I am very pleased to have been in good company with hosts in the past crawls, some still participating in this one and new hosts joining for the first time. I never knew five years ago this would have gained so much momentum and believe me, it has not slowed down.

Wendy has outdone herself with the event mug. Not even in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought this could/would have been a reality, so I and our community here are very proud and humbled by Wendy's amazing effort to produce a Sacramento tribute mug. No doubt to any of us here Wendy has spent countless hours and money to create and produce what is sure to be a gem sought after by many collectors for years to come. This will be a Wendy Cevola creation from beginning to end, sculpted, molded, poured, fired and finished by Wendy and Dan.

With all that being said, please join us for our crawl. We would all love to share what you love-tiki and those things we like to think represent it.

Mahalo,

Duane Orzol aka Psycho Tiki D

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2010-09-28 15:58 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-28 4:15 pm   Permalink

Wow, thank you Duane, those comments are a great motivator. I've found that it's taking 3 hours to finish the painting on one mug. 150 hours for 50. I have 6 mugs done and I'll keep working until they are all done.

Dan's fine tuning the jungle room and the rest of the collection. We will have lots of snacks and coffee and water for our 10 am on Sunday.

I have terrific transport boxes that Dan uses when we go to Oasis. I can bring the mugs to each event starting Saturday. I will have the sign-up list and at each stop those present will be able to pick up their mugs in that order. If you are not there we skip ahead to the next name. Next stop we start over on the list until they are all picked up. There are few assigned numbers a person can choose the next mug or if they prefer move down to a higher number. Some mugs have glazed over debris on the inside bottom. I'm learning, the particles were invisible until glazed. Anyway please bring your own bubble wrap and box. Dan will not give up these boxes.

Here's where I am right now. I'm taking a break and then it's back to work.

THE LIST OF THOSE BUYING MUGS CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 8

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-09-28 16:34 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBeast
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-28 4:22 pm   Permalink

Wendy, (and Dan)---
Holy smokes your mugs are coming together!
looking fantastic, and I hope to see one in person-
not positive I can make the trip to Sac just yet,
but I'm working on it...
would be a thrill to see your pad,
after hearing your humble description.

Was great hanging out last weekend-
much love to you guys for the quality work,
and perfect tiki vibe your sending...

TikiBeast

View Profile of TikiBeast Send a personal message to TikiBeast  Email TikiBeast     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 7:57 pm   Permalink

Wendy, they are even more beautiful than I could have hoped. Great work.

I'm thinking of serving puka punch at my stop. If anyone has a "spare" bottle of Lemon Hart 151 they care to donate, I'd appreciate it immensely. I'm running low and may have to substitute.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 8:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-28 15:57, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
We had a good time doing this last year and look forward to more participants bringing stuff for this or the White Elephant Tiki Trade (which I am officially right now putting Leleliz in charge of)

What the??? Ok ...I guess since I am crashing at your place I might as well do SOMETHING to earn my keep!

Mug looks killer Wendy. So happy I have gotten to seen you and Dan so much over these past few weeks--hooray for the end of the year Tiki event rush!

Most likely will be bring what did not sell at the parking lot sale to Duane's for the garage sale so bring more cash

See you soon Sac folk!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-28 9:37 pm   Permalink

Wow...the mugs are lookin' KILLER!!! Wendy & Dan you are both amazing, we are so lucky to have you as Sac Ohana.

Mai Tais, Munchies, Martini Kings....at my place...BE THERE!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-28 9:56 pm   Permalink

Mugs are looking super Wendy, way to go!
Duane, thanks for the mad organizational skills.
Looking forward to participating in my first Sacto crawl.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thequin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-28 10:11 pm   Permalink

Wendy and Dan,

Our hats are off to you both. The Zombie Hut and Coral Reef shall RISE AGAIN !!!!!!

Awesome job!

Bill and Tonja

[ This Message was edited by: thequin 2010-09-29 15:18 ]

View Profile of thequin Send a personal message to thequin  Email thequin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 05:39 am   Permalink

Wendy,

You are rocking the house with your creation! Those embossed details are really coming to life with the paint and the mug is absolutely gorgeous. For those of you who have not had the opportunity to hold this beauty, this is one hefty and well crafted mug.

If I counted correctly on page 8, it appears there are 40 of these babies already spoken for, so if you have plans on purchasing one (who would't), I suggest you get your name to Wendy quickly, as these are sure to sell out!

Looking forward to seeing Dan's addition. It will be a surprise for everyone!

Can't believe it is almost go time.

D

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2010-09-29 05:45 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 06:18 am   Permalink

For a point of reference, this is where we all began...

December 10, 2006.

One day, a Saturday. I had been a member of Tiki Central for slightly under two months. Fifteen of us braved meeting up together for the first time for a Sacramento event, however you will recognize some familiar faces that already knew each other.

We had 5 stops that day...Bo's in Rancho, Swanbergs, Eastern Empire, Bullet's and Ken's house.

More here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21867&forum=17&66

Let's see how we grow from here!?!

PTD

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-29 08:34 am   Permalink

I thank each and every one of you for your posts. I always check to see if there are any before I start the work day. I've been assembly lining. I finished SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA up to the 27th mug last night at 11:45 PM. I hope to get the rest of those words on the remaining mugs today.

Duane you are doing such a wonderful job of managing this event. I loved the photo. I remember how disappointed we were to miss it.

We are so excited to participate and to see everyone. It's such a hug fest. Super wow, Martini Kings! Sorry Vamp that mom's hurt, give her our love.

I sure hope Ken and Beth make it around this time, we miss them so much. This is going to be super. Wendy

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-29 09:07 am   Permalink

Wendy and Dan, those mugs are gorgeous! Keep on keepin' on

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-29 12:01 pm   Permalink

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
This sounds great!
I will look more into this event when I get to my computer!
...Liquidspaceman, over and out!

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
our last frontier on the planet Earth.

View Profile of Liquidspaceman Send a personal message to Liquidspaceman  Email Liquidspaceman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation