FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-02 2:52 pm   Permalink

48 mugs with potential buyers. I really love to have a couple for eBay just to see what happens but I won't hold them back from those who show up for the crawl or are on one of the lists.

See you Brenda and Savage Tiki at TV's tomorrow, it's always more fun with our Ohana there. Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-02 4:14 pm   Permalink

Picked the Mother Unit up at the airport today, she is doing pretty good even with 5 broken ribs. She said she might stock up on pain meds for the Martini Kings so she can shake her bootay...LOL. If she isn't too tired we might try to make Trader Vics tomorrow night.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-10-02 16:15 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-02 10:45 pm   Permalink

Oh Marlene, hope she is feeling better. Can't wait til next weekend to catch up with everyone and see more fab home tiki bars!

Laura

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-02 10:47 pm   Permalink

Vamp we sure hope you can make it to TV's with mom.

Well gang, 15 hours today and I've finished painting all 50 mugs. I also re-painted the first 12 when I found that I had improved during this process and they didn't look as good as the others.

Here are some photos from my very messy hobby room. Cheers, Wendy

Last year when the crawl got to our home we got out Tiki Magazine issues and took this photo. We didn't make it into the magazine but we do have this fun photo to post here.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-10-04 08:48 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-03 12:36 am   Permalink

The special mugs are looking absolutely fantastic Wendy!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-03 2:08 pm   Permalink

These are AMAZING, Wendy! Thank you for creating them...

S.

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 11:41 am   Permalink

Again, Wendy, what an endeavor and undertaking. First class performance from beginning to end. Thank you so much for the selfless efforts and contribution to our crawl this year. Without a doubt this will be the most memorable one of all.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Wendy!

Thank you for documenting each step along the way. For many of us who have no clue how a mug is produced from conception to finish, this has been an educational process for all of us mug people. I am thrilled to see the fruition of an actual Sacramento mug and hope for a few more in the future. And finished with a few days to spare no less! Are you dreaming about this when you sleep?

I started a thread in Locating Tiki for the Zombie Hut. Dustycajun added pictures of your mug there!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37968&forum=2&3

See you all in a few days!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-04 1:33 pm   Permalink

GREAT thread on the Zombie Hut, Duane!

Brings back wonderful memories, I took my prom dates there back in high school.

Wendy's mug will be a cherished possession forever...

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 1:44 pm   Permalink

Eva's taking a study break so we will BOTH be there SATURDAY!
I would like to be there Fri, Sat, & Sun but would need a place to crash Fri & Sat night?

Also if interested I still have a lot of left over Tiki inventory if someone wants a vendor for a few hours?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 11:44 pm   Permalink

Is it customary to bring anything along for the hosts? Should I bring my own tiki mug or adult beverage to share?

Hunter S Thompson Voice: Whats the score here? What do I have to do next?

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2010-10-04 23:46 ]

View Profile of Choptop Send a personal message to Choptop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 03:33 am   Permalink

Hi Choptop...it is totally up to you, but some folks bring a bottle of rum or something similar to donate to the hosts, but this is purely voluntary and not expected. We mostly want you to have fun, stay safe and enjoy the Tiki Ohana. Look forward to meeting you.

AND THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS......

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 08:59 am   Permalink

All Crawl Hosts,
I know Duane, Marlene, and I have heard from SoCal folks about attending the crawl this year. Don't think many will make the trip now. I hear TikiKate's funeral is on Sunday. I'll miss Kate, but the SoCal folks knew her much better than I. My heart goes out to them.
Brenda

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 2:53 pm   Permalink

This has been a rough year for many of us. I too have heard from people who were coming but have now switched plans. I know if she were from this area we would shut this event down. Sunday is also the day Notch marries his long time love. I hope they have the very best time, they will visit Gecko on their honeymoon and that's always enjoyable. Best Wishes Notch. Wendy and Dan

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 3:15 pm   Permalink

Thank you Duane, you have made my day so many times with your posts. I definitely was inspired by you and our gang to keep going through long days of work on these mugs. I did my best, they are far from perfect. The worst two are mine and Dan's. Even still when selecting a mug go over it carefully to make sure you are happy. Of those left the most off mug is number 3, it's shorter and it's bowed out at the bottom. But since I numbered them exactly at they were made I left it in the group. Someone will love the odd mug. There are some with tiny bits of glazed over debris in the bottom. So check, check, check. While speaking of checks, I will accept a personal check or cash for $50 for your mug. If you want to contribute a few dollars toward buying Ileen a mug for her service to her country (which means us) I will have a collection jar and a card for you to sign. At the end of the crawl it will be fun for me to see how much it turned out to be. I do like to gamble!

Dan's sister is going to watch mom Friday night so we will be at the first stop Keno Kai. So if you are there you will be able to pick up your mug. I go by the list but if you are not there your name is skipped and next in line gets a smaller run number.

Thank you Steve and Vamp and everyone who has posted on this thread. Dan and I just love you all so much. He really made this possible I worked him hard on this mug. We have already started my next mug and Duane again has ideas for a crawl mug for next year. I'll need to start earlier, my kiln shed wasn't even built until July. It took one day to cast one mug (50 mugs/ 50 days), they are super thick so I could carve them without breaking through.

Well here are the first photos of all 50 out of the home oven where yesterday each load baked 40 minutes to set the enamel.

Thank each and everyone of you for taking this journey with me. Let's post tons of photos of the crawl events at the end of each day. I did that for the recent Southbay crawl, FI sale, Trader Vic's post Oasis party. You can view them on each of those threads under CA events.

Lots of Love, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-10-06 12:33 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 3:34 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I love the colors. Since you were going to put them in the oven anyway you should have filled them with cake batter or creme brule

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation