FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 8:52 pm   Permalink

Great mug Wendy!!!
would be a first for the crawl but it sounds like a blast. Already asked the wife and she's on board. count us in to come down from redding for a little sac-tiki fun!

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-05 1:53 pm   Permalink

Hi Eric, I've always had my sculptures turned into ceramics by Gecko. This will be the first time I try to do it myself. I'm not making the mold, that's really the hardest part. I hope I can get some photos of that process but it's up to the mold maker, he lives a long way off from my home. I'll be learning how to pour and clean and glaze, I'll share what I learn and destroy along the way. I'm lucky that a new art gallery opened near my home and they hire out their kiln.

Hi Ka'lenatiki, my sister lives in Oregon. Every trip up there we would stop at the Redding antique stores and find tikis. Our first tiki mug from the Islander Stockton was picked up in one of the antique stores on the frontage road by the freeway. We would all love to have you come down. It's a blast and Duane makes it extra fun with his garage sale...and home tour.

October, closer every day. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 05:37 am   Permalink

Wendy,

I am absolutely stoked with the progress you have made. Simply put, you are making a dream come true becoming closer to reality with your efforts. I have often wondered why none of the Sacramento tiki establishments (not counting Tiki Bob's) did not have their own mugs especially since both the Zombie Hut and the Coral Reef had pretty good runs.

Although still a few months away, we would still like to see a couple of more people host. The garage sale was pretty good last year and I would encourage those of you who have a few items they would like to trade or sell to participate in this year's event. At some point in time, Wendy will have to figure out how much the mugs will be so she can make her money back too!

Looking forward to the event; will probably look to discussing this further at one of the parties Vamp is having in July!

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 08:49 am   Permalink

Stay tuned for some exciting news from one of our hosts for the Saturday night slot!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 6:32 pm   Permalink

I'm contemplating a short stop at my place. There's no Tiki bar, but I do have some nice Heather Watts stuff to look at, a small collection of mugs, and some vintage barware.

And booze. I got booze.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-08 6:55 pm   Permalink

I am soooooo thrilled I am just about to explode [that's a vision] because
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
THE MARTINI KINGS will be playing at my pad Saturday night!!!!

Wow...great homes and hosts, an awesome Tiki garage sale, a knock-out mug, and the MARTINI KINGS!!!! You don't want to miss this crawl.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 7:20 pm   Permalink

Wow! That's some awesome news, Vamp. Can't wait!!!!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 8:15 pm   Permalink

Thats great Vamp, way to go!!!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 07:51 am   Permalink

very cool vamp!! sounds like this is shaping up to be one great weekend

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 10:02 am   Permalink

Wow Wow Wow, Vamp what a blast that night will be. You always have terrific parties and now live music too. Can't wait. Brenda, your parties are wonderful, who needs a bar when we have you! Duane this is turning into something big! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 10:37 am   Permalink

Wow is right Wendy...bigger and better every year!

I am also contemplating or suggesting we perhaps have a tiki version of a white elephant exchange at one of the crawl hosting locations.

I think it would be cool if everyone brought an item to exchange. We can work out the details for anyone who wants to do this!

PTD

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-10 2:35 pm   Permalink

Duane, We would love to do the white elephant exchange at one of the homes. Would it be one per person or one per family? Wendy and Dan

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 4:57 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

Either one will work, you can decide if you want to do more than one if you choose.

PTD

martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 5:37 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to our good friend Vamp! Yup,the Martini Kings are takin a road trip.
We'll be performing at Vamps swingin'pad!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-10 7:12 pm   Permalink

Exxxxxcellent!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation