FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-10 09:29 am   Permalink

More photos coming soon, I'm getting the food ready for our open home starting in 30 minutes. Thank you Matt, Melody, Bullet, Sandy, Sean, Duane and Ami, Barbara, Audrey and Marlene. The last two days ROCKED, not to mention 30 mugs are now in other hands!

I'll post photos soon along with those I take today of Darilyn, Matts and Brendas.

I hope you all have energy enough to make it here, lots of goodies and tikis. Hugs, Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 10:22 am   Permalink

Excellent tiki crawl - mahalo for everyone's hard work!

Photos from Friday night

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 10:57 am   Permalink

WOW!! nice shots of the yard, thanks.

We had a great time yesterday, All the stops were fun, thank you all so much.
some of the collections were overwhelming!

Too bad we only do this once a year.

see you shortly

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 1:09 pm   Permalink

SATURDAY ROCKED!!!!
The Sacramento Tiki Ohana ROCK! Some the most incredible collectors, beautifully decorated homes, the COOLEST people around!
You inspire me and motive me! It was a pleasure to be apart of your event!
Mahalo to EVERYONE involved....even all the visiting participants from near and far, (Shout out to PORTLAND!), that made Saturday such an incredible event!

With extra, super bonus Tiki Mahalo to Marlene/Vamptiki for hosting the ever so smooooooth and cool MARTINI KINGS!!!
While I've seen them several times none was as cool as chillin' in your living room with the Sacramento Ohana!
And of course Dan & Wendy who designed and created the Official Event MUG!

Lookin' forward to MORE PHOTOS!

Mahalo Plenty!

Much Love my bradahs,

Dave & Eva

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

Here are a few pictures I took from the crawl...

Unfortunately, we ran home and gave Woody his pill, then I forgot my camera for the rest of the crawl! Had a wonderful time though! thanks everyone!!! Your homes are amazing!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 7:04 pm   Permalink

Tired, happy and proud.

I will post more later, but mahalos, so many mahalos again to all the hosts and attendees.

Three words come to mind...

WE ARE TIKI

Sacramento Ohana.

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-10 7:28 pm   Permalink

I'm a day behind so first here are photos from Saturday. One of the best Saturdays we have ever had. Duane you put together the ultimate party weekend.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 9:35 pm   Permalink

Dear Sac Ohana--

Thank you for an amazing weekend! It was so great to be able to spend time with such down to earth and interesting folks while being able to enjoy great food, great drinks, epic tiki decorating and of course the stylistic sounds of The Martini Kings. For a town without a tiki bar to call its own you sure do a kick ass job of creating enough tiki environments to keep everyone happy.

Thanks to all the hosts - I appreciate being able to get a glimpse into your private tiki bars and its truely amazing to see how the love of tiki can be displayed in so many ways. Highlights include taking in Bullet's phase 1 of his buildout and being able to get a sneak peek into Phase 2 (cant wait to get up close to all those Muntikis so get to building Mister!),seeing the awe inspiring Jungle Room, Darilyn's Shag inspired living room, sleeping in Duane's tiki infested bedroom, lounging on the couch watching Frankie and Annette in Brenda's space, having a fantastic drink in Sean's airy bungalow, finding a kindred thrift spirit in the sprawl that was Tacky Tiki/Mom's hideout (when am I moving in again??), kicking back in the recliner watching the Martini King's at Vamp's and getting to chow down on delicious food while taking in some amazing mugs at Matt's place...this weekend was one for the memory books!

Special thanks to:

The Martini Kings for playing Vamp's place--something about a band playing inside someone's home that makes them sound THAT much better--and thanks to Vamp for getting them up here.

Everyone who bought something from me at the Garage Sale. I am always happy when I have less stuff to pack then what I brought!

TikiHula for the great deal on the perfect coffee table

Rugby Matt for the steal on the end table

Dan (of Wendylovestikis) for my surprise gift. You are one of my favorite people to talk to and i am so glad we got to chat so much this weekend

Duane and Ami for letting me spend the night, drive me around and generally put up with me for 2 days straight

Duane for taking me out to his hunting grounds AND for letting me take home a few great scores. Now if only Ami would not object so much to our tag team hunting in the future.....

Last but not least thank you to Wendy and Dan for the Sacramento mug . Wendy your enthusiasm for tiki and the time and detail you put into this piece is mind boggling.

If you have never met Wendy and Dan you would be hardpressed to find 2 more open hearted, good natured, kind and loving people anywhere within this community. If you ever get invited to see their collection GO! because it is unlike anything you will ever see. The best part about the overall collection is you have 2 people who truely love tiki and support our artists housing it. From the Buzzy bedroom (hehe) to the seahorse bathroom to the garage to the top of the stairs to the jungle room everywhere you turn there are more and more things to see that you have never seen and more and more stories to be told about how these items got into their home.

Wendy if the mug is any indication of what we can expect from that brand new kiln of yours in the future you are going to be fighting people off with a stick trying to own a piece of your work. I will house the Sac Crawl Mug among my favorite pieces in my collection and I love and thank you so much for all you put into making it.

So Sac Ohana...want to do it all again next weekend?

Many mahalos!!xoxoxo

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-11 09:41 am   Permalink

Leleliz, thank you from the bottom of my heart. We already feel like you are a part of our family, we just love you that much. Everyone from this weekend and so many in the tiki community who couldn't be with us are such an important part of our lives we think of you daily.

I read these posts and I am so grateful to Marlene (VampiressRn) for building this family. She's the glue that binds us. We are all so fortunate to be able to come together and to just smile at each other for days.

This event, this hug fest invented by Duane (Pycho Tiki D) has become a true event. 2011 is just around the corner, I'm ready. Friday and Saturday were truly wonderful days. Yesterday the people we met the days before are now known and have joined our family and are no longer "new". I was joyful from beginning to end. Thank you Darilyn your room is beautiful, Matt you're a doll, great food too, Brenda always a pleasure to relax at your home at the end of the crawl.

Thank you everyone for your support of the crawl mug. It's been a journey that taught me so much. I've had so many artists that helped along the way I will forever be grateful to them. MadDogMike, Notch, Babalu, Jonice Frank, Gecko all terrific artists. I am grateful to my Ohana for taking the mugs to their homes and to my husband of 32 years Dan for helping me every step of the way.

Here are the photos from Sunday in reverse order. Love ya, Wendy

Thank you Marlene for bringing the Martini Kings to the crawl. That was exciting and joyful and we danced the night away to their beautiful music. When they played the theme to Man From Uncle Dan just beamed. We love their music and we love you.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-10-11 10:58 ]

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 10:19 am   Permalink

This crawl was amazing! We are definitely on the Tiki map now. I am so proud to be part of this wonderful Ohana. I was really happy to get the time to know some of you better.
Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my home and lounge, I really appreciated all the wonderful feedback.
I'm so sorry I didn't make it to Bullet's house. I missed a gem there but I have something special to look forward to next year. Audrey and Barbara, your place is wonderful. Your fears were unfounded. It was one of my favorite stops. Your collection of all-things-vintage is just incredible. I could have spent a lot more time there just gawking and taking it all in.
A special thanks to Brenda, Scott and TikiAxeMurderer for bailing me out. I was behind schedule and they came to my rescue so I could have drinks and pupus ready for the hoards as they arrived. I'll be wiser next year (maybe we need a tip sheet for newbie hosts).
There are just too many to thank, you know you are.

Marlene, you knocked it out of the park bringing the Martini Kings to the crawl.
Here is a link to a video I took with my pnone. It's poor quality but you'll get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=486T5LPHmrM

I'm already looking forward to next year.
Love to you all,
Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-11 11:11 am   Permalink

Notice: I am going to the post office to find a flat rate box for the mug. I will then contact each of you on the out of town list to let you know if I have a mug available and the cost plus shipping.

Ken B. and BahuookaBuk let me know if you want to move to that list since you couldn't make the crawl.

Thank you everyone at the crawl for picking up your mugs. I am working to pay off the shed and kiln and you all helped me on my way to that goal. I appreciate every wonderful compliment about the mug and our home. I'm still on a crawl high, you are all super.

Cheers, Wendy

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 1:09 pm   Permalink

i had a great time this weekend. due to my never ending back problems and 43 year love affair with the sf giants, i didn't participate as much as i would have liked. i must see tacky tiki's place next year. thanks to everybody for the nice comments on my tiki room. i hope it'll be a little better dialed in by next year. special thanks to duane, wendy, dan and my old buddy mikey cloud for getting the mug done. a great addition to my collection and brings back great memories of the zombie hut when i was a kid. wendy, you are an amazing force of nature! i'm blessed to have you and dan. also mahaloz to out-of-towners keith, matt and eric for the gifts when you visited. great to meet you braddahs. and more thanks to abstracttiki dave for the islander picture. your generosity and knowledge about the islander are much appreciated. i'm also lucky to have a wonderful, generous friend like stevesoto. mahalo cuz! and of course thanks to my wonderful wife sandy for the help and support. thanks for making this happen, duane. go giants!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2010-10-11 13:21 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-11 1:48 pm   Permalink

You know Wendy, that's not a REAL ceramics studio until it gets at least 3 inches deep in clay dust

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 3:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-11 13:48, MadDogMike wrote:
You know Wendy, that's not a REAL ceramics studio until it gets at least 3 inches deep in clay dust

I commented about that with amazement in my voice when I peeked in to the studio. I was set straight right away. I've been told clay dust is carcinogenic and must be clean away with a wet rag every evening. Don't want my favorite mug maker to get sick!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-11 4:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all involved with the crawl... Melissa and had a blast. Will be sure to keep up on events in the area and attend when our schedule allows.

Sorry I couldnt continue on with the crawl on Sunday, but family duty called.

I was blown away by the collections that I saw and re-assured that I do not have a tiki "problem"

View Profile of Choptop Send a personal message to Choptop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation