FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-12 2:31 pm   Permalink

Gosh, I'll be sad when the posts end on this thread. It's been a joy to read each one since this started. Brenda, the Tiki Bob bowl I made years ago and hope to make sometime in the future. The idea for the 2011 event Tiki Bob mug is very different from the bowl. Duane is drawing a picture for me this week so I can get to work.

Many of you were interested in what I was planning for the palm log. Well today I started to work on it. I am copying (sort of) Rugby Matts living room tiki. Hey Matt what's it's history again? I hope one day to turn it into a mug (Alla Crazy Al), so I claim dibs on it for that purpose. I'm going to do a step by step on how I carve the log. This is my very first tiki carving in wood so I'll learn from my mistakes. Please check it out later today under the carving area.

Big Huge Hug for all of you from Dan and Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 3:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-12 14:31, danlovestikis wrote:
Many of you were interested in what I was planning for the palm log. Well today I started to work on it. I am copying (sort of) Rugby Matts living room tiki. Hey Matt what's it's history again? I hope one day to turn it into a mug (Alla Crazy Al), so I claim dibs on it for that purpose. I'm going to do a step by step on how I carve the log. This is my very first tiki carving in wood so I'll learn from my mistakes. Please check it out later today under the carving area.

The tiki in my collection that Wendy is referring to is one that I "rescued" from an antique shop in Philly several years ago (posted somewhere here on TC). It was originally done for Langerman's Luau in Narberth, PA. The shop owner I bought it from had purchased it at the sale when they closed Langerman's. It is a Milan Guanko style and is almost identical to the tiki in the Reyn Clark Polynesian Village logo.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 4:01 pm   Permalink

Not to side track you from next year's mug Wendy, but if you start chopping now, maybe we can get 50 of your first carved tikis in time for the 2011 crawl? After all, didn't you tell everyone you retired?? No excuses!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-12 4:13 pm   Permalink

My poor aching back, thank you for the thought Duane. Maybe instead you should draw 50 proposals for the mug for next year! I need them like yesterday. Did you read Tiki Hula's note? I still think our idea is worth doing, let me know, hugs, Wendy

I've posted photos under carving. I told Dan it was like Ren Clarks tiki, our favorite. Matt you are so lucky to have it.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-10-12 16:14 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 4:50 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

Not 50, but I will have a couple to you this weekend, I hope. I know that Tiki Bob's did in fact occupy a space in the Sacramento Capital Inn for a brief period, maybe opening and closing the same year.

I will follow up, but either way we are gonna claim Bob as a Sacramento tiki icon!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-12 5:06 pm   Permalink

The names on the mug so it's part of Sacramento no matter what. I'm glad you had that information. Let's go there and explore their attic and see if we can find the Tiki Bob sign. I've ordered a new molding clay that Babalu said is a must. I'm looking forward to trying it out. (: Wendy

MaroneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-13 12:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who opened their homes on the crawl, particularly to PTD for getting me started. This was my first event with the tiki group and the three stops I made it to were amazing. Tacky Tiki's garden was particularly inspiring. Thanks to Wendy for the great mug, only my second one (though I did get a Martini Kings one later in the evening, bringing me up to three.)

Thanks to Marlene for bringing the Martini Kings up.

Monty

View Profile of MaroneTiki Send a personal message to MaroneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-13 1:20 pm   Permalink

I have two mysteries. Help!

#1. Did liquidspaceman come to the crawl and identify himself?

#2. Who is AquaticSafari, John. I can't search him out on TC and I need to contact him about his mug.

Wendy

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-13 2:03 pm   Permalink

I think Aquatic safari is John Coyle if I am not mistaken .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thequin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-13 2:04 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for allowing Tonja and I to attend our first Sacramento Tiki Crawl. Everyone was so friendly and the hospitality was fantastic. It's a lot of work to host and it was very much appreciated. One consistent theme we noticed with everyone was that the Tiki lifestyle helps us all relax in a very stressful world. If we decide to do a monthly potluck count us in to host.

Bill & Tonja

"TikiFig"

View Profile of thequin Send a personal message to thequin  Email thequin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-13 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-13 13:20, danlovestikis wrote:
#2. Who is AquaticSafari, John. I can't search him out on TC and I need to contact him about his mug.

Wendy

Wendy I just sent John a text about his mug . I am sure he will get back to you.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-13 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Maronetiki, Love your quote at the end of your post "Speak softly and wear a loud shirt". So I take it you met Kingstiedye?

Very nice to meet you. See you at the next tiki event!

Laura (formerly from WS too)

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-14 11:47 am   Permalink

Thank you Duane for putting together this wonderful event and keeping it going for all these years. And thank you to all the hosts that opened up their lovely homes to us all. It is a lot of work and I very much appreciate it.

Wendy’s mug was so special. Hopefully there are more to come. It’s just one more thing to look forward to every year.

I am so happy to be part of this community!

Laura

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 06:29 am   Permalink

Duane and Ami and everyone else....Thanks so much for a great event. I am so glad I got to swing by your lovely home and see so many friends, both new and old. What a great group of people that call the Sacramento Valley home...Hope to catch up with you all again soon. Marlene sorry I missed your awesome party. Brenda thanks for the thoughtful gift!...and Dan and Wendy I am so glad you finally were able to drop by. I can only imagine all the good times I missed.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 09:13 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone!!!

had a great time at the Crawl...wish I had been able to make it to Marlene's....just heard the awesome stories the next day!

Everyone has such great collections and tiki rooms/lanais! And fantastic food and drinks! Best of all, some of the nicest people anywhere. It was like going on vacation...part work, but the play and scenery more than made up for it! And great new friends like thequinn and Tonja!

The mug is awesome...gotta find a place to shoehorn it into the collection today...love Duane's idea of a Tiki Bob-style mug for next year...

Looking forward to the next Sacramento event!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation