FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-15 09:31 am   Permalink

Already started work on the double old fashioned glasses for next years crawl!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-17 11:05 am   Permalink

It's not Tiki, but it's in Sacramento:

I plan on spending Halloween night watching Hard Boiled (the John Woo action movie) and Walking Dead (zombies!!) with my friend Kelly (who many of you met at my house on Saturday). If anyone's interested in joining us, let me know. No BBQ pork, but there will be Halloween candy and cocktails.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-17 2:15 pm   Permalink

Took the Mother Unit to the airport today so she is headed back home to San Diego. I'll miss that cute little monkey...but I am heading down to her house in March and will bring her back with me for another visit (and a Tiki party at my place of course). Please hold Saturday, March 12th open on your calendars for an event at my pad!!!

Stopping back by this wonderful thread to say thank you to everyone that brought hostess gifts, much appreciated. Special thanks to Matt for your great gifts...just now reading the info on the whiskey glass. Quite awesome, will have to get a quality whiskey to try (any suggestions?) This glass reminds me of the glass shape I bought for my kitchenware this year...obviously there is a whiskey in my future. LOL

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-17 14:15, VampiressRN wrote:
Quite awesome, will have to get a quality whiskey to try (any suggestions?) This glass reminds me of the glass shape I bought for my kitchenware this year...obviously there is a whiskey in my future. LOL

Marlene,
I just bought "Highland Park 12" from Cost Co for $36.00 I hear that it's a great place to start for single malt scotch. Other places sell it for about $60.00

Sac Ohana,
I had a great time on the three day crawl. Special thanks to Matt for putting me up or putting up with me the whole time. Great partner in crime. Hey if seeing all this poly pop is a crime, LOCK ME UP!

I've got a small starter collection and one room devoted to it pictured here.

I'd really enjoy being a stop on a home tiki bar crawl but there isn't a North bay crawl.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 6:34 pm   Permalink

Hi Eric, it's fun to see your pad! Cool, you have a bigger tiki than most of the guys, a great start. Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 6:50 pm   Permalink

Great start Eric...and darned good thing you bought that club (even if you were having an out-of-body rum-induced shopping experience that night)...LOL.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-22 01:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 18:50, VampiressRN wrote:
Great start Eric...and darned good thing you bought that club (even if you were having an out-of-body rum-induced shopping experience that night)...LOL.

Vamp,
Ya, funny thing is that I didn't remember buying it until the next day my friend told me, "Hey nice war club you bought last night". I said, Umm, Hu? What war club?
Any way, I'm going to place it in a shadow box and put a "Break glass in case of emergency" sticker on it. I'm sure it will be a classic being that it's right next to a tiki.

Wendy,
And I'm not over compensating for anything by having a large tiki... Actually I have two large tikis. Here's the other one that I dedicated with a fire work on his head during a party that I had.

[ This Message was edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-10-22 01:27 ]

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-22 09:19 am   Permalink

My sister's fireman husband cringed at the closeness of the burn to the house, you are a savage! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-22 10:25 pm   Permalink

Flaming tikis, oh my!

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:08 pm   Permalink

Just dragged my sorry butt home from a 13 hour work-day & was greeted by this when I walked in the door.

In it's new home:

Thank you so much Wendy. The mug is awesome & the envy of all my friends!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:34 pm   Permalink

Some things are just too special not to share. Wendy

Almost forgot: Here are two snapshots of your mug from different views, in my "Black Mug" collection at Tiki Island above the Silverlake

Sven

-----Original Message-----Subject: Re: Emailing: Swizzle on Wendy Cevola Master Tiki Mug Maker Island
By Sven Kirsten:
"It is the greatest joy for me to witness people like Wendy who evolve from the mere (albeit passionate) collecting of Tiki mugs to actually creating them, and doing that with such an eye for what is the essence of Tiki. Her work really embodies what inspired me to fall in love with Tiki culture in the first place: It is pure EYE CANDY!"

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-22 01:19, Savage Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-19 18:50, VampiressRN wrote:

Vamp,
Ya, funny thing is that I didn't remember buying it until the next day my friend told me, "Hey nice war club you bought last night". I said, Umm, Hu? What war club?
Any way, I'm going to place it in a shadow box and put a "Break glass in case of emergency" sticker on it. I'm sure it will be a classic being that it's right next to a tiki.

Wendy,
And I'm not over compensating for anything by having a large tiki... Actually I have two large tikis. Here's the other one that I dedicated with a fire work on his head during a party that I had.

I was there to witness this and it was indeed scary but luckily we were well fortified with cocktails by the time the fuse was lit.

[ This Message was edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-10-22 01:27 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-30 2:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 17:32, Savage Tiki wrote:
Sac Ohana,
I had a great time on the three day crawl. Special thanks to Matt for putting me up or putting up with me the whole time. Great partner in crime. Hey if seeing all this poly pop is a crime, LOCK ME UP!

Great having you on board for the crawl Eric.

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-08 1:56 pm   Permalink

I know, I know, it is extremely early, but never too early to start planning for next year's Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour.

The initial planning meeting was held last Saturday night. There will be some minor changes, albeit good ones in store for next year's event tentatively scheduled again, for the second weekend in October (7th, 8th and 9th).

Wendy Cevola will be creating another outstanding Sacramento event sculpt (Wendy will be posting the selection and progress in this thread).

Rugbymatt will be commissioning a commemorative Mai Tai glass as well. Heck, there may even be an event poster this time around!

We will try to incorporate a Tiki dinner at Eastern Empire and a visit to both Swanbergs and The Hideaway as part of our crawl in 2011. More information will obviously follow as we are in our early infancy of planning stages.

So...asking for any new (or seasoned) Sacramento area volunteers! We had several brave souls indicate they wanted to host in 2011 during our last crawl.

We will need one host for Friday evening. This will probably be after the "Kick-Off" dinner at Eastern Empire.

One host for Saturday afternoon and one, maybe two for Saturday evening. Saturday will start out at the Hideaway in Curtis Park for Brunch and the Tiki Garage Sale, a visit to Swanbergs in Midtown...and hosts after.

Sunday will be all hosts...four to five depending on participation!

So, come one and all...hosts are needed and new faces are welcome!

If you are interested in hosting or have any questions, please PM me here or email me at
DOrzol1@yahoo.com

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-08 7:23 pm   Permalink

Really looking forward to 2011, I think it will be a great mix of local business and home bar action. I won't let the cat out of the bag...but I am super hyped on what Wendy has planned for the crawl ceramic...it is unbelievable!!! I also am really jazzed to get to use my new lounge icon that Jason helped me with on a set of glasses (thanks to Matt for heading that project up). And of course a big round of applause to Duane our Grand Marshall for organizing the crawl...he does a fabulous job.

If you haven't hosted before and have questions, just as those of us that have as we have learned lots over the years. It really is a blast to host and the Sacramento Ohana is wonderful and will help you out as needed. I am looking forward to seeing the lounges I missed this year in 2011 as I hear they were awesome.

CHEERS!!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation