FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-11 11:55 am   Permalink

Thank you Vamp. Duane once again has inspired the ceramic for our crawl.

I had one comment about last years mug that I've taken to heart in this years design. I was told that he (not Duane) wished the words Zombie Hut were smaller so they could be seen all at once without rotating the mug.

The design that will emerge for this year will not have that problem. Again I will post the step by step production of our ceramic number two. Post your comments I will pay attention.
Cheers, Wendy

Another Sacramento Landmark Tiki Establishment.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-11 3:16 pm   Permalink

You go, girl!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-17 10:14 am   Permalink

Thanks Matt, I'm cleaning up some other projects and then I'll start on the Crawl Project. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-28 7:37 pm   Permalink

It's funny but sometimes the base of a project takes a lot of time. I've been putting Romo Clay number 2 over a vase. This is a soft clay to cover large areas. I'm working on some ideas. If it looks like I can mold it then I'll keep going. If not I'll re-work it. Step by Step until October! Wendy

ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 7:52 pm   Permalink

putting it on the calender and thinking about asking it off from work now
After this past years mug from wendy, can't wait to see whats up for 2011

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-03 7:31 pm   Permalink

Thank you Ka'lenatiki, I hope this works out. This years design will be a decanter. I'll be doing the mold this time so there's more to learn. Also this will require under glazing so that's new too. So here are more of the step by step photos.

I like to carve a chop stick into a little block shape I can push into clay to do my lettering.

I printed the photo to the size that I needed for the decanter. I cut it out and pressed a tool into the clay to make an outline.

I heated number 4 Romo clay so I could form a slab. This is super hard clay when not heated. Then I used a sticker remover to cut out the Tiki Bob. This is a tool I use often, it's my favorite for working clay.

I removed clay from the drawn area so I could set the hard clay Bob into the depression.

Now I sealed it into this spot with more hard clay.

Now I cut out the face shape so I could use it as a template for the removal of more clay from Bob's face.

Bob's done for now. Next up will be the abstract background that will be repeated on all sides of the decanter.

More photos later today. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-12-06 08:29 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 09:02 am   Permalink

The photos tell the story.

When I glaze should the spout be a volcano with red and black lava pouring out?

Next step is to carve the lines on the three other sides. The front is done.

Then it will be time to see if Dan and I can make a six sided mold. Wendy

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 09:18 am   Permalink

It looks terrific Wendy!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-07 11:34 am   Permalink

One word: AWESOME!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 12:40 pm   Permalink

OMG...I am crying here...that is just beautiful Wendy!!! I love the shape and the designs you have on the surface. You are brilliant.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 5:42 pm   Permalink

Matt, Brenda and Vamp, THANK YOU! We are on our way to the Hideaway in a minute. I'm bringing the decanter so everyone who is there (sorry to miss you Vamp) can let me know if it really is what's wanted for the next crawl. Art looks different in person. Where's Duane??? Wendy

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 5:46 pm   Permalink

I don't think Duane is going to make it tonight. I am going to try to stop by Saturday afternoon for a drink. Have fun tonight...I know the Sac Ohana will love your work Wendy.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-07 8:15 pm   Permalink

Well, well, well...this is enough to make me take a second break from not posting to express my wows and yet again be amazed by Wendy Cevola, Sorry to have missed everyone a second time at the Hideaway...I am in Oahu and will follow-up tomorrow night, I am at Bellows AFB and will be in Waikiki to comment more this week!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-07 8:55 pm   Permalink

We missed you Duane. The Hideaway is terrific. Dan and I had a great time and even made a new friend named Cameron. His Tiki Central name starts with Shawn but I forgot the rest. We invited him to come for a visit.

I had fun showing the prototype for the decanter, I'm so happy you like it. Thursday we will try to start on the mold.

I hope you can make it to La Mariana if you haven't been there before. Enjoy, Wendy

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-08 5:33 pm   Permalink

Wendy, words escape me. Hmmmm..... what should I put in my decanter?

Duane, I PM'd you with my Hawaiian shopping list. I hope you took an extra bag.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation