FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 7:51 pm   Permalink

That promo poster is very cool.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-11 08:55 am   Permalink

My guess is that Vamp is going to have one signed, framed and on permanent display.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-11 5:00 pm   Permalink

Last October the crawl stopped at our home. We whipped out our back issues of Tiki Magazine and posed for this photo. Even though we didn't make it into any issue we had fun hoping that we would. We can try again this October. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-11 7:43 pm   Permalink

Wow Vamp, that is just awesome! This is going to be an amazing crawl.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-12 9:55 pm   Permalink

This is Bullet aka Kingstiedye.

This is a good friend of Bullets named Mike. 20 years ago he was a master mold maker. As a favor to Bullet he has agreed to come out of retirement long enough to make the mold for the Crawl. Today we drove to Wheatland to drop off the mug. He has also kindly offered to teach me how to make molds because he's not going to make more in the future. I wish he lived on my block! Wendy

Another step forward...

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 12:18 am   Permalink

wow, seeing wendy and cloud (old nickname) together is a trip! two of the nicest, happiest people i've ever known. i'm a little slow getting in, but i'm up for hosting.
and thanks for posting such a dumb pic of me, sistah.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2010-06-13 00:20 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 08:13 am   Permalink

You are looking very happy too. I love that photo bro, you are even in TieDye. Hosting is a blast ask Duane if it's still 2 hours per stop. Is this photo better??? Your collection is a must to see! Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-06-13 08:14 ]

Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 3:54 pm   Permalink

Will there be a jungle room tour this year?

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 4:52 pm   Permalink

Hi Brenda, I think that we will host. Duane will figure out a schedule. If there is space for us we would love to. Or maybe the daytime stops could be 1.5 hours each. I think that LiddleLola will host if her room is done. Good to hear from you, Wendy

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 5:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Wendy, that mug is going to look great. Its good to see you having a go at doing it all yourself and also posting the step-by-step pics. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress you make and also the outcome. It's a shame I can't make it to the event. It would be nice to meet you.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 5:42 pm   Permalink

Well Swizzle I guess Dan and I will have to visit Australia! Thank you for the encouragement. Cheers, Wendy

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 6:55 pm   Permalink

Great pics Dan and Wendy , thanks for sharing .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coalbeecheese
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 10:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

BRAND SPANKING NEW to Tiki Central, and I can't wait to start exploring. I noticed the "events" area and clicked on it and noticed this thread about a Tiki Crawl right here where I live in Sacramento. I'd LOVE to get in on this bit o' awesomeness...but I've not seen any sorta official info. How would I get on a mailing list, or something like that so I may attend in Oct? Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks! -Colby

View Profile of coalbeecheese Send a personal message to coalbeecheese      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-13 22:39, coalbeecheese wrote:
Aloha,

BRAND SPANKING NEW to Tiki Central, and I can't wait to start exploring. I noticed the "events" area and clicked on it and noticed this thread about a Tiki Crawl right here where I live in Sacramento. I'd LOVE to get in on this bit o' awesomeness...but I've not seen any sorta official info. How would I get on a mailing list, or something like that so I may attend in Oct? Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks! -Colby

Colby, (and others),

Once we firm up who is hosting, we will post the first stop and address via PM to any and all interested in attending. As far as offical info, you will find everything you need right here in this thread.

So far it looks like tenative hosts will be:

Psycho Tiki D

VampiressRN

Brenda's Tiki Hut

Liddlelola

Chief Bartender

But there is room for more! Last year, we did two-three hour stints at each location, but we can always shorten/lengthen the stops and add as many as are willing to participate.

Wendy,

Great news on the mug and thank you to Mike/Cloud for coming out of retirement to assist Wendy with the mold. Needless to say, this is a proud day for the Sacramento Ohana!

Less than four months away!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-15 10:04 pm   Permalink

Wow Wendy, great mug and awesome design. That is one of my favorite vintage matchbook covers. Hope the mold making process goes well. Its a bit tedious, but nothing you can't conquer!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation