FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 10:22 am   Permalink

The day has come for us to go forward with the production of the Tiki Bob Sacramento California decanter. It is larger than the Forbidden Island Tiki Crate but not by much. We have been working to over come problems with the sides caving in. First we bought a door hole drill and made the opening we pour slip through larger. That helped but not enough. So now we have bought turkey basters and we will try to remove enough slip before pouring to see if that helps. When you pour out the slip you must maintain and opening for air to move into the decanter. Sometimes we can't get that opening to form when we first begin to pour. So we will see if this helps us. Here are some photos. Wendy

Making a mess.

Cleaning up.

Some that are good some that will be seconds.

Nice and neat until later today it starts again.

Duane, I just read your post on my crafts thread. I'm just beaming ear to ear with all your comments. Thank you and all our Sacramento Ohana for the support and friendship. We just love you all. Really you make all the work worth it. We strive to do well so I can see each of you be happy with the Sacramento connection tiki ceramics. Our group just rocks. See ya all soon, Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 09:22 am   Permalink

The turkey basters were the right idea but the ball didn't have enough strength to pull out the slip. So we bought a gasoline siphon and it worked great except for the times it came out of the jar and I pumped slip onto the floor or squirted it on Dan and I. In the end we had four decanters come out of the molds all fine, that was a first! Wendy

The pump.

The set up. As soon as I emptied the slip down to 1 inch Dan poured out the rest and then set the mold upside down to drain the rest.

We make a huge mess every time. So there are lots of bowls, screens, jugs, tubes, clothes and hands to wash after each pour session.

I love watching my man mop! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-23 4:56 pm   Permalink

NO PHOTOS BUT DAN AND I HAVE MANAGED TO POUR 2 MORE DECANTERS. THE GAS SIPHON IS WORKING BEAUTIFULLY. THREE HANDS ARE WORKING TOGETHER AND ALL'S WELL. CHEERS, WENDY

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-26 2:42 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

Just when I thought I had seen it all, broken arm and all you still continue to defy my amazement!

Remember I want to bring my dad by in June to see you and Dan!

One more attempt to lure in one of our newbies to host in October...one more spot to fill on Saturday!

C'mon, one more brave soul? Time is a ticking...

What do I need to do to tempt you?

Let me know?!?

Pyscho Tiki D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-27 9:07 pm   Permalink

THANK YOU DUANE. DAN MAKES IT ALL POSSIBLE.

TIKI BOB SACRAMENTO DECANTERS. I LOVE THIS SIPHON. LIKE THE ALMOND COMMERCIAL..ONE A DAY THAT'S ALL WE NEED. CHEERS, WENDY

rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-07 12:10 pm   Permalink

Dan and Wendy,

You guys are real troopers. Mucho Mahalos!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-12 11:58 am   Permalink

Dan & Wendy...what an awesome team you make. The walking wounded still bringing the love of Tiki to the World!!!

How is the line up for the crawl looking Duane?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-13 08:40 am   Permalink

RUGBYMATT AND VAMPIRESSRN, IT WAS TERRIFIC TO SEE YOU BOTH LAST FRIDAY. WE OPEN THE MOLDS AGAIN THIS MORNING THAT WILL MEAN WE HAVE POURED 48 IF THEY COME OUT OK. OUR GOAL IS 50 FOR THE CRAWL AND 10 AS BACKUPS FOR DISASTERS OR SPECIALS DEPENDING ON HOW IT GOES. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO PHYSICAL THERAPY AND GETTING MY HAND BACK. I SURE HOPE SANDY GETS WELL SOON AND THAT THE REST OF OUR GANG STAYS WELL. HUGS, WENDY

PS THE SIGN UP SHEET IS ON PAGE 27

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-23 3:51 pm   Permalink

HI FRIENDS, BY TOMORROW WE WILL HAVE POURED 60 OF THE DECANTERS. 50 FOR THE CRAWL AND 10 THAT WILL BE BACK UPS FOR DEFECTS OR SPECIALS IF I DON'T RUIN ANY. NEXT UP FACE MASKS AND SANDING. DAN IS NOW WELL FROM HIS INJURIES AND I'M ALLOWED TO LIFT UP TO 1 POUND SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAND WITH EITHER HAND. I HAVE TO GET MOVING OR HAVE A FROZEN WRIST FOREVER. THIS REALLY IS NO PAIN NO GAIN. SO SANDING BEGINS THIS WEEKEND. CHEERS, WENDY

ON OUR TRIP TO OREGON WE FOUND THE MUG AT THE FAR LEFT. IT'S FROM LAKE GEORGE, NY. THAT SIZE IS NEW FOR US. WE HAVE A SALT AND PEPPER THAT IS EVEN SMALLER.

LAKE SHASTA WAS FULL TO THE TREE LINE.

RED BLUFF WAS VERY WINDY FOR WENDY.

NEAR MY SISTER'S HOME WE SAW A TREE FIRE BEING PUT OUT.

WE HAD FUN WITH FAMILY AND CAME HOME SAFELY.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-06-23 18:21 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-23 8:16 pm   Permalink

LOL...the wind-blown look is a good one for you Wendy. It's fire-season...scary.

Great work and think of the wonderful therapy it is providing for your wrist. Hope your pain is diminished and you are able to get better sleep too.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thequin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-25 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-08 22:46, danlovestikis wrote:
OFFICIAL ORDER PLACE FOR THE SACRAMENTO CRAWL TIKI BOB DECANTER. I'LL PLACE NAMES HERE AS I RECEIVE PM'S OR EMAILS.

I will take requests from anyone including those who can not make the crawl. Those who come to the crawl will have first dibs on the decanters. If there are any left those who did not attend will be contacted.

Like last year first come first serve each day of the crawl. So come at the start and pick up your special number. Last year 4 people wanted number 13.

Example: Tiki Mookie is number one but if they do not come the first day of the crawl and Brenda does then she can take the number one. This worked out fine last year. Thank you all for your support. Wendy

TIKI MOOKIE (1 DECANTER)
BRENDA'S TIKI HUT (2 DECANTER'S)
LELELIZ (1 DECANTER)
KeithH (1 DECANTER)
VampiressRN (1 DECANTER NUMBER 11)
Phycho Tiki D and Kevin (2 Decanter's)
RugbyMatt (1 Decanter #2, #5 or #25, the first numbers are spoken for if they show up)
wendylovestikis (1 Decanter reject for helping to make them)
danlovestikis (1 Decanter because I need one for my shed any left over number)
WSWahini (1 Decanter #13)
stevesoto (1 Decanter #5 or #12 RugbyMatt wants #5 also)
Aquatic Safarinaut (1 Decanter #21)
Ka'lenatiki (1 Decanter)
Corona Contessa (1 Decanter)
MaroneTiki (1 Decanter)
Choptop (1 Decanter)
Cathie W. (1 Decanter)
Levi Strange (1 Decanter)
Moai Nui (1 Decanter)
ebTiki (1 Decanter)
Tobor64 (1 Decanter)
Loki-Tiki (1 Decanter)
The Quin ( 1 Decanter)

THANK YOU TO EACH PERSON WHO ADDS TO THIS LIST, HUGS, WENDY

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2011-06-08 09:28 ]

View Profile of thequin Send a personal message to thequin  Email thequin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-25 7:02 pm   Permalink

Please put me down for one! Thanks!

GREGORY

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

Hi Gregory, I've added your request to page 27 just after adding The Quinn. Thank you, Wendy

The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-03 10:25 am   Permalink

Great! Can't wait to see . . .

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-09 2:16 pm   Permalink

I'm going to have to add Dan's initial to the bottom of these decanters.
D. + W. Cevola. He continues to be my hands.
He is now (under my watchful eyes) sanding every single one so we stay on schedule. He doing a great job. I'm LeaLea (joyful), Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation