FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-24 11:14 pm   Permalink

We are lucky to have such great Ohana in Sacramento. Essentially we have no Tiki establishments in this area, so our homes supply our Tiki fixes. Everyone has a different decorating style and there are some fabulous collections. Duane has done a great job over the years and we are very excited to have had new hosts share their digs with us last year and we are certainly blessed to have Wendy (our star artist) working on our second crawl mug [the decanter is out of this world!!!] and more new stops on the crawl this year...YEAH.

The registration process will help us be more organized as our guest list increases in size. There is no intent on any profit as we are trying to throw a swag package together, which any of us would expect to pay for at any event. Sacramento Ohana enjoy investing in our crawl. I was lucky last year to have the Martini Kings at my pad...just a delightful dream come true for me (shout out to Frank & Toni). I am saving my pennies now so I can host again next year with some entertainment for participants.

I'm not a bus person either, as I get car sick easily, but if the participation grows large enough for that form of transportation to be used, I think it is a marvelous idea for folks.

Looking forward to the 2011 Crawl...it will be another memorable event from the Sacramento Ohana.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-26 1:31 pm   Permalink

Thank you The Blue Kahuna and Vampiress RN

This morning we finished washing the decanters and now they are filling up the kitchen counter and nook. I've also make a flame top for each that are drying. When all the decanters are finished then I will carve each flame to match a decanter because no two volcanoes are alike. Then I'll bisque fire them then glaze them and fire again. Here are some photos. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-29 09:33 am   Permalink

Great meeting you last night, Blue Kahuna. Can't wait to see you again at Rugby Matt's on Sunday and Mandarin on Tuesday.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-29 5:45 pm   Permalink

The test glazes are firing in the kiln right now. When these are out in a couple of days I'll be able to pick the best colors from them for the run of 50 for the crawl. This is the most fun part. Fingers crossed that they look good. I will still be adding cold paint to the face and words Tiki Bob after the final glazing.
See you soon, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-31 1:30 pm   Permalink

This year the Sacramento Crawl ceramic is based on a napkin found by Duane Orzol. He is the founder of this terrific event so he deserves some credit. The Napkin is from Tiki Bob's located in the Sacramento Inn for a brief time.

This is a photo of the napkin that inspired the ceramic.

THIS IS THE WAY THE RUN OF 50 WILL LOOK.
The white face and lettering are hand painted after glazing with ceramic enamel cold paint and baked to set.

For fun the opening is a volcano.

I have also glazed the bottom for a cleaner design.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, I hope you are too. Anyone not of the list to purchase one should send me an email or PM. Cheers, Wendy

The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 1:39 pm   Permalink

That is absolutely outstanding Wendy! Beautiful . . . magnificent . . . it really has "spirit"! How exciting!

Aloha and okole maluna!

The Blue Kahuna

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 10:19 pm   Permalink

Wow, great as usual. Strong work Wendy!!

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 05:25 am   Permalink

Great work!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cdtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-01 06:40 am   Permalink

Inspired design, excellent execution = instant classic.
Bravo

View Profile of cdtiki Send a personal message to cdtiki  Email cdtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-02 08:23 am   Permalink

Wow, thank you each very much. I have 50 to now glaze and fire. October will be here soon. I wish you all lived close enough to attend our crawl we have so much fun. You made my day, Wendy

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 10:54 am   Permalink

Everyone, the information for this year's crawl has been posted on the first post on this thread.

See you soon!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 12:08 pm   Permalink

47 Registered VIP's 68 Registerd Guests (See first post on the thread)They are as follows:

David Bennion 1
Ken Berling 1
Barbara Bowman 2 VIP
Remington Caldwell 1
Angela Caldwell 1
Wendy Cevola 2 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1 VIP
Darilyn Cole 1
John Coyle 1 VIP
Paul Cramer 1
Marlene Cross 1 VIP
Mom Cross 1
William Dunnington 1 VIP
Monty Dunnington 1 VIP
John Ford Jr 2 VIP
Sandy Foregger 1 VIP
Alan Galbraith 1 VIP
J Hayes 1
Mark Holt 1 VIP
Matthew Hull 1 VIP
Debbie Hurley 1
Brad Juarros 1 VIP
Liz Karza 1 VIP
Melody Kenoyer 2 VIP
Diana Kerr 1
Sean Klein 1
Bruce Leavitt 1
Laura Lee 1 VIP
Melissa Logue 1 VIP
Linda Logue 1 VIP
Debra Morretton 1
Duane Orzol 1 VIP
Rogers Orzol 1 VIP
Gregory Ramirez 2 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Brenda Ray 1 VIP
Dave Simon 1
Judith Simon 1
Stephen Soto 1 VIP
Clinton Starr 3 VIP
Duane Starr 1
Bill Straw 1
Karen Stuetz-Garlan 2 VIP
Karen Stuetz-Garland 2 VIP
Ami Tilmann 1 VIP
Jeff Tilton 1
Jeff Tilton 1
Richard Unger 2 VIP
Catherine Wartelle 3 VIP
David Zook 4 VIP
David Zook 1 VIP
Lynne 1
Total registered 68 Total VIP 47

Plus:

Jama (VIP)

Joanne (VIP)

Mahalo everyone, see you in October!

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2011-09-05 18:41 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cdtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 12:58 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

Sent you a pm on the decanter. Just a quick look at Tiki Bob hanging with me at home in Modesto.

Got registered today.

Duane

View Profile of cdtiki Send a personal message to cdtiki  Email cdtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-02 2:05 pm   Permalink

Wow, he's terrific and so is your backyard. With the hat and glasses I'll still need you to tap me on the shoulder so we may meet. I'm looking forward to that. Soon, Wendy

cdtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 2:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks, I'm sure we can do that. We look forward to it.
We'll give you guys a call sometime after we get booked in.
The backyards a constant work in progress like all of them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation