FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-16 06:10 am   Permalink

Thanks Tony, I'll do my best to make it happen. I know it's a lot of work but in the end it will be so worth it. Dan and I have strong family ties to the Zombie Hut. My grandpa took my family there for Thanksgiving. Dan and I dated there. After dinner and the Polynesian show we would dance. It was such a special place. They never had any ceramics for sale so this will be a first. See you at Oasis, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

i'm stoked about this mug! i went to the zombie hut a few times when i was a kid and once danced with the hula dancer. the only thing i've come across from there is a matchbook, which has a place of honor in my crazy al curiosity cabinet. it's a shame they never had signature mugs. the only sacramento mug i have is a tiki bob.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 2:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha Mates!

Duane, yes we would love to host again. We're putting the finishing touches on the firepit in the back yard so we were hoping to be an evening stop this year, for ambiance, and then we can drink more, ha!

Love the mug, can't wait to display one on the shelf

Let us know! We're really looking forward to it!

Mookie & Matt the Cat

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 03:52 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing your backyard paradise!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-27 10:30 am   Permalink

Super news...Mike said the mold is five pieces and he has done two this weekend. This mug is such a group project.

1. Duane comes up with the idea.
2. I did the sculpt.
3. Bullet supplies a master mold maker.
4. Mike starts the mold.

Meanwhile I've been reading books on how to do slip casting, how to fire using a kiln, glazing, the whole thing.

Babalu says he'll talk me through it.

Oh I forgot to mention we bought a kiln that will be delivered in a couple of weeks. I'm going to learn this step by step. No more Sculpey now it's the real deal.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-27 10:37 am   Permalink

I will be ready with brush in hand to start helping with the painting (I think you will need help with the cold paint)?

Can't wait to see this! Wendy, you are the greatest. Not only here, but in the other threads too!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-27 10:59 am   Permalink

I am soooooo proud of you Wendy. This was really meant to be for you...now you can really swing out with all your great designs. YOU GO GIRL!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-27 12:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome Wendy .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-27 12:20 pm   Permalink

Mel and myself would love to participate in this event. We will gradly drive up for the weekend and hang out with old friends and meet new friends - of course!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-27 5:05 pm   Permalink

PTD, Vamp, Surf and Tiki G

Thank you all for the encouragement it's better than chocolate.

PTD if you would like to paint your own or more, that would be fun. Cold paint will be fast compared to the rest of the steps.

Tiki G, come on up! Who is Mel?

Vamp we could have a play day and make a 1/1 RN mug for your collection.

Surf, I hope you can make it to the crawl, it would make your parents and the rest of us happy!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-27 6:00 pm   Permalink

That sounds awesome Wendy. I had a sketch one time of an RN mug...so will have to pull it out of my memory for when you have some time way in the future...LOL.

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 05:53 am   Permalink

So here we are with the updated list of potential hosts:

Psycho Tiki D

VampiressRN

Brenda's Tiki Hut

Liddlelola

Chief Bartender

TikiMookie and Matt the Cat

kingstiedye

danlovestikis (tenative)

It might be necessary to start the event on Friday evening. We will know more as the date gets closer.

C'mon Sacramento, anyone else brave enough to host??

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 11:29 am   Permalink

Wendy - Thanks for the invite!

BTW - Mel is my roomate here in Palmdale, CA. Her TC name is "Melekalikimaka".

Can't wait for October...G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-28 05:53, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
So here we are with the updated list of potential hosts:

danlovestikis (tenative)

Tenative? What's a Sacramento Crawl with its first ever mug without a visit to the Jungle Room? That place is a Sacramento Tiki Mecca!

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 09:46 am   Permalink

We are the backup in case someone can't do it at the last minute. Then we fill in their spot, just like last year. Or we could not worry about that and just be on the list. We are up for either. Thank you for the comment Chief Bartender! Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation