FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-11 16:56, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Holy cow...what an amazing job and your talent shines through even more (if that is possible)? How many do you cast before you fire them?

Good question on how many? You may want to start a thread so you know. BTW, please put me down for at least two!

Will you be at Vamp's July party? See ya soon!

PTD

Was thinking the same thing. what colors are you thinking of wendy?

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 08:42 am   Permalink

Beautiful so far, Wendy - Thanks for the progress posts. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 09:12 am   Permalink

If you do several pours in a day, be sure and put your mold out in the sun between pours. The drier your mold is between pours, the longer it will last. Looking good. Good luck.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 09:49 am   Permalink

Due to the number of participants hosting in this year's event, we are going to add a special "Friday" October 8th evening stop at TikiMookie and Matt the Cat's home. They are requesting an evening slot to unveil their new firepit area in their backyard.

More details to follow!

Could this get any better??

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 11:47 am   Permalink

I really appreciate all the time you are putting into this thread. Not only for creating the mug but showing all of your TC peeps how it's done.

No wonder they are so expensive.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 12:08 pm   Permalink

Matt here! the mug is OUTSTANDING! we can help out on painting if you wish. let us know. we both would jump at the chance. we'll take two also.

see you all at Vamps.

thnx

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 4:53 pm   Permalink

Gosh, I came home from work so tired and all of your notes just perked me up. I'm still recovering from pneumonia so its slow going on casting until I'm more peppy.

Thanks Grog and one more question. Does a cold mold even when dry act slower to remove the water?

Colors, now that's something I've been thinking about all the time. The match book is black with white lettering and highlights. But then there is the other side. Well the mask could then be light brown and the words Coral Reef could be in coral pink red. All of that would look good if it works and doesn't run.

I think I will make some proto types in different glazes and then post them for a vote. If it works out we could have a paint your own mug party as long as there is time for that and fireing before the crawl. Tiki Mookie I haven't forgotten you want to come for a clay day.

Eric you are welcome. The day of vamps party Dan and I are taking a mold making class from Mike (he made this mold). I'll take photos of the process for this thread. I've caved in and plan to learn how to make molds.

Tiki G always good to hear from you.

I just love it that we will have tikiphiles clear from reading on South Ca coming. Wow. Cheers everyone, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-22 10:59 am   Permalink

Thrillsville...just booked a flight for the Mother Unit to come up for the Crawl. You know she can handle a couple of drinks and kill snakes if necessary...and that ain't too bad for 91 years old. She had fun year-before-last on the crawl...she is still talking about Alia's Pulled Pork!!!

We need to get her over to Dan & Wendy's so she can see that Jungle Room

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-22 6:42 pm   Permalink

Hi Vamp, we would love to have your mother in the jungle. We should put her in animal skins and take photos. She's a wild one for sure!

Grog's good advice is being followed. I put the mold in the sun when I'm home so it can dry extra well. Even still tiny pieces come off each time I use it. I'm numbering them as I go. The two that Mike poured I'll use for glaze tests. I'm trying to paint my original sculpt tonight as an example of how they could look (maybe, I'm learning as I go).

Here's a photo of the mold baking and the mugs drying. Cheers, Wendy

ps see everyone at Vamp's party Saturday

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-22 6:42 pm   Permalink

I'll have the original at Vamps party. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-07-22 18:43 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-22 7:13 pm   Permalink

Looks like you're havin' fun Wendy

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-22 7:33 pm   Permalink

GO WENDY!!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-22 10:16 pm   Permalink

cant' wait to see it when it's done. already making room for it on the shelf

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-23 6:06 pm   Permalink

Great job on organizing the crawl Duane and great job on that mug Wendy! I can't wait to see everybody at Vamp's tomorrow evening!

My stuff finally showed up this week so now I am unpacking and working to "tikify" this new house. If anyone is in East Sac drop on by for a cocktail, I am at 1461 52nd St. (5 doors down from The Shack on Folsom).

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2010-07-23 18:08 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-23 6:52 pm   Permalink

Glad your stuff arrived. Are ya going to have a space set up to share on the crawl?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation