FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Favorite drink and why
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Favorite drink and why
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 2:36 pm   Permalink

Mojito! anywhere ,always refreshing and sweet, and has that slow kind of kick

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 2:45 pm   Permalink

a fresh mango daquiri - it's the best made with Appleton White Rum which we can only find out of the states.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-07 2:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-07 14:45, tiki_kiliki wrote:
a fresh mango daquiri - it's the best made with Appleton White Rum which we can only find out of the states.

A bartender friend of mine was able to get white Myers' rum for me. A good alternative to Appleton as they're both from Jamaica. A Jamaican white I've found in some liquor stores is Wray and Nephew overproof rum, but it's stronger.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 4:42 pm   Permalink

This doesn't make sense - all of these hardcore drinkers on Tiki Central and the general consensus of favorite beer is Coors Light? Coors Light??? You might as well go with drinking a Perrier!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-07 5:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-07 14:30, thumper wrote:

Fav going out drinks:

Cold shots of Tuaca

That's how I can tell you live in Reno.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-07 16:42, johntiki wrote:
This doesn't make sense - all of these hardcore drinkers on Tiki Central and the general consensus of favorite beer is Coors Light? Coors Light??? You might as well go with drinking a Perrier!

Or a pint of urine! Actually, the urine has more flavor. Coors light-UGHHH! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 7:14 pm   Permalink

So you've drunk a pint of urine?

"This punch has a bit of a wang to it."

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 7:42 pm   Permalink

Not quite a pint...

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 7:43 pm   Permalink

That gives me an idea.. a VERY dirty martini.

thumper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-08 03:07 am   Permalink

Tuaca..yes a reno thing..LOL Dont know why..but it is..found out tonight one of my coworkers is a Tuaca fiend..we are going to have a drinking contest this weekend..LOL

Madori daquri...if Im going to drink an adult slurpee..its gotta be a madori daquri..
however you spell it..

And BTW...hardcore drinkers..dont drink beer..LOL

Honestly...I dont do beer..I will drink Triple Black..though..because its a malt beverage it does not clash with the harder alcohols like regular beer does..IMO and of course because those so called pussy drinks dont taste like donkey piss...they taste like liquid candy.

And if I am forced to drink beer..
Blue Moon
or
Heniken

I dont do crappy regular domestic beer.
One exception..

I spent my 21st birthday at the St.Louis Budwiser brewery..
Now that, I have to say is the correct way to be iniated into complete adulthood, and how one begins their life of drinking...

Thumper

View Profile of thumper Send a personal message to thumper  Email thumper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 08:03 am   Permalink

A warm Pabst blue ribbon, from the land of sky blue wahahterr.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cowtown Kahuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-08 08:31 am   Permalink

Favorite Drink: The Mai Tai, according to Beachbum Berry's specifications. I'll never forget the day I finally found the rare and elusive Orgeat syrup!

Favorite Place To Drink: In my basement Tiki Bar with Dick Dale on the stereo. Mrs. Kahuna and I are new parents, so we really don't go out much anymore. When we did, though, we kept our drink orders simple. (Most bartenders in this jerk-water berg have enough trouble mixing a decent "gin & tonic" or "Jack & Coke". I shudder to think of what vile concoction I'd be served after ordering a Zombie.)

Speaking of exotic drinks, here's a great article about one man's quest for the ultimate Mai Tai. I apologize if this has been previously posted.

http://www.joebobbriggs.com/maxgolf/mg200010.html

Yes, it's written by the same guy who used to host "Monstervision" on TNT, and "Drive-In Theatre" on The Movie Channel.

View Profile of Cowtown Kahuna Send a personal message to Cowtown Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:41 am   Permalink

Any rotgut that comes served up proper in a fresh coconut with lots of pinapple and flower garnishes gets the vote for my favorite. And if it is served to me in my hammock by a beautiful native wahine in a tropical paradise where that ol timey Hawaiian music floats softly through the air, well then I am know I am very close to heaven on earth. I am a simple monkey with simple pleasurers.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-08 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-08 08:31, Cowtown Kahuna wrote:Speaking of exotic drinks, here's a great article about one man's quest for the ultimate Mai Tai. I apologize if this has been previously posted.

http://www.joebobbriggs.com/maxgolf/mg200010.html

Hilarious article! I never saw that one before.

A couple mistakes in it. He says that the Mai Tai at the Windows on the World was made with Myers' and then says that a Mai Tai should be made with Jamaican rum. Myers' is from Jamaica. Later he says that the excellent Grog Log recipe calls for Lemon Hart Jamaican rum when in fact Lemon Hart is from Guyana. Then he asks why some folks float Demarara rum from Guyana in a Mai Tai when it should only contain Jamaican and Martinique rums.

I know I'm being a perfectionist but I don't want people to get confused about which rums come from Jamaica.

Which brings up a question:

With all these rum afficionados here, has anyone been to Jamaica and bought rum or the elusive Pimento Liqueur? I have been wanting to go for a while and was wondering if anyone had checked it out.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-05-08 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Later he says that the excellent Grog Log recipe calls for Lemon Hart Jamaican rum when in fact Lemon Hart is from Guyana.

Actually, Lemon Hart isn't / wasn't *just* demerara. There *was* a Lemon Hart Jamaican gold rum, which the Grog Log talks about and which used to be sold here but is no longer available. In fact, I cleaned out the last bottles of it at Lanai Liquors a couple years ago (they must've been on the shelf for many moons). I think I gave one bottle to mrsmiley the first time I went to a party at Chez UGH. You can sample from my last bottle next time you visit Belmont.

I think a certain weirduncle here has some pimento liqueur, given his knowledge of the secret booze wholesaler handshakes.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation