FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-22 08:17 am   Permalink

I have had the same experience, Jim. I sent numerous emails to the people who book the "buskers" at downtown Disney, and never got any response. I am starting to think you have to know someone, or otherwise have an "in".

Do you remember that enchanted tiki room event a few years ago? They had a grateful dead style hippy band playing that event, because one of the people in the band is an imagineer. Talk about a no-bid contract! They had it locked up, and not by any stretch of imagination was it a "tiki" band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE23mJ89c4I&feature=related

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2011-03-22 08:20 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-25 10:41 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz for the inspiration! Looks like its gonna be a pretty swank place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGd4aFEhxNU

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 07:44 am   Permalink

Vegas-sized hotel towers, around a nice looking A-Frame central hall.
The ocean-front property will have pools, and lots of meandering paths.
Fun, if not necessarily isolated.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-26 08:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-26 07:44, christiki295 wrote:
Vegas-sized hotel towers, around a nice looking A-Frame central hall.
The ocean-front property will have pools, and lots of meandering paths.
Fun, if not necessarily isolated.

That model above is for the amazing soon to be open
Aulani Resort in Oahu, not the Disneyland Hotel.

Aulani Resort Tiki Central thread here.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:16 am   Permalink

Wowzers! I was gonna say, that looks like nothing I saw at the hotel, but looks like a most amazing place!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:17 am   Permalink

thanks for pointing that out Hak,
my heart about stopped.

any updates on the progress of the Hawaiian joint at the Disneyland Hotel?

I guess I should go over there,
good reason to get off my butt this week, while off on vacation.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:31 am   Permalink

BTD, yah, check it out:

Lost In Paradise: Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGd4aFEhxNU

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:31 am   Permalink

Every Monday, Miceage.com has updates on construction at the Disney Hotel. You need to scroll past a zillion photos of updates on the Little Mermaid and Carland rides though. It's down there somewhere

Disneyland Update

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-26 11:31, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Every Monday, Miceage.com has updates on construction at the Disney Hotel. You need to scroll past a zillion photos of updates on the Little Mermaid and Carland rides though. It's down there somewhere

Disneyland Update

Quote:
Dateline Disneyland

Soundsational sneak peek, Mermaid lights and signs, Bye-bye Brother Bear, +MORE!

Ruh-roh!

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 2:05 pm   Permalink

Well, some good news is that Kevin & Jody are contributing some designs to Trader Sam's now. They were at the Bahooka event with the art director, and he bought the Bahooka and BOT mugs for the mug display case.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 3:06 pm   Permalink

Great Lost in Paradise report....

And yes the micage weekly construction updates are a great place to keep informed on the project.

Rumor also has it from another Disney source that some of the items and decorative elements of the old Adventurers Club that used to be in Pleasure Island may make there way into this Restaurant bar as well...

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 5:05 pm   Permalink

OK...so I have a friend on the "inside" that gave me some information that may clear some things up. This person is also a TC lurker (but not a member), so I'm sure they will see this..they were also at the last Tiki Oasis, have tickets for the next one, and are regulars at Don the Beachcomber, so they have a pretty good idea of what "real" Tiki is.

1. The Jimmy Buffett rumor is dead wrong. They plan to keep things as authentic as possible, right down to the music.

2. Unbelievably, the restaurant will be on a tight budget when it first opens, which unfortunately means no Tikiyaki or Hula Girls...for a while. But that could change when (and if) the restaurant starts to run in the black. It seems pretty unbelievable when you think that this is Disney we are talking about, but for those of us who have had business dealing with the Mouse...this is Disney we're talking about. Jim...my inside source says they would LOVE to have you, but they can't afford you...yet.

3. They are planning on serving authentic Tiki drink recipes at the bar (Trad'r Sams).

Hopefully this alleviates some fears that some of you may have...I for one can't wait to see it. Cheers!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 6:24 pm   Permalink

Lucas Vigor. In.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-26 17:05, Jason Wickedly wrote:
OK...so I have a friend on the "inside" that gave me some information that may clear some things up. This person is also a TC lurker (but not a member), so I'm sure they will see this..they were also at the last Tiki Oasis, have tickets for the next one, and are regulars at Don the Beachcomber, so they have a pretty good idea of what "real" Tiki is.

1. The Jimmy Buffett rumor is dead wrong. They plan to keep things as authentic as possible, right down to the music.

2. Unbelievably, the restaurant will be on a tight budget when it first opens, which unfortunately means no Tikiyaki or Hula Girls...for a while. But that could change when (and if) the restaurant starts to run in the black. It seems pretty unbelievable when you think that this is Disney we are talking about, but for those of us who have had business dealing with the Mouse...this is Disney we're talking about. Jim...my inside source says they would LOVE to have you, but they can't afford you...yet.

3. They are planning on serving authentic Tiki drink recipes at the bar (Trad'r Sams).

Hopefully this alleviates some fears that some of you may have...I for one can't wait to see it. Cheers!

Thanx for the info jason. This makes me happy to hear,and, well, what can I say? ....pass the salt, I need to put it on my shoes so they taste better (foot firmly in mouth)

That being said, the plans look amazing, and I'm glad that the people in charge are tiki nerds too. For now, if they need it, I will send them the CD's so they can play them over the sound system, and hopefully, at some point, we'll all be enjoying some live Tikiyaki action in there.
I'll be there for the grand opening for sure.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-27 11:49 am   Permalink

Jason, great info bud! I can't wait as well! Tres COOL!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation