FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 10:21 am   Permalink

I only live 34 miles from DLR. I am SO there when it opens!!! Looks fantastic! What a great place to eat after spending time in the Enchanted Tiki Room!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 10:26 am   Permalink

Well, I am deeply dissapointed they removed the waterfalls...(mist caves) because they were awesome, and really would have fit in perfect with the whole "tiki" thing...

I do understand why, of course. Liability. Assholes kept on getting hurt in there, and that is why for the last 2-3 years the area was chained off most of the time.

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2010/07/30/fans-rally-to-save-disneyland-hotel-waterfalls/51491/

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailer Park Casanova

Posted: 2011-05-03 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-03 00:34, Beachbumz wrote:
So who else is going there for the opening??
I'm kinda thinking of possibly bringing da kidz over from Maui
and staying a couple nights when they first open...
Looks like a great place..

Good chance opening day or the next.
We'll definitely get a room at the hotel.
Some excellent rooms specials running now.
Don't hold me to it, but perhaps this may be the location of (what now may be the former) Lost Bar and the really excellent deli/market adjacent to it.

View Profile of Trailer Park Casanova Send a personal message to Trailer Park Casanova      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-03 3:28 pm   Permalink

Good news....we were at OA today. Bob & Leroy talked about their involvement with this project and got a peek at the huge Tikis Leroy is carving for the entrance. Bob said the opening date may be delayed because they were recently asked to do a bunch more stuff. I'm sure Disney will still want to get it open before school is out or even Memorial weekend. TikiTony also did a painting that was purchased for Trader Sam's.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-03 15:28, bongofury wrote:
....the huge Tikis Leroy is carving for the entrance. Bob said the opening date may be delayed because they were recently asked to do a bunch more stuff....

How great! Leroy is truly the last craftsman that has survived the downfall of the art form and still is able to practice it in that style today.
HUGE Leroy Schmaltz Tiki = GOOD Tiki

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cvcgolf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-06 9:35 pm   Permalink

May 28 is when I stroll up to the bar to drink.. Enough said..

View Profile of cvcgolf Send a personal message to cvcgolf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 12:48 pm   Permalink

Article bout Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. Nothing new but just in case you were interested...

O.C. Weekly: Disneyland Hotel

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-08 2:26 pm   Permalink

If it's in bad form I'll delete these shots, but here's one of the front columns in its two halves (some people here will never see this stuff in the flesh.) It will be picked up tomorrow and painted by Disney's people. You can just see where the two tiki columns will stand on each side of the door.

Z~

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2011-05-08 14:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2011-05-08 14:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2011-05-08 14:39 ]

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
xtine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-08 5:18 pm   Permalink

Wow. That's some big tiki. I really can't wait for this place!

View Profile of xtine Send a personal message to xtine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-08 5:38 pm   Permalink

Question is: HOW are they gonna paint it?

Like this:

or like this:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-08 8:36 pm   Permalink

Sven,
You know you really like the later right?
It just screams "pre-party city, tiki"

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 08:47 am   Permalink

I saw this little mention in a Disneyland Blog:

"And after 18 months of heavy construction the Disneyland Hotel executives also want to publicly market their remade rooms and new Polynesian restaurant and bar with the clever interactive effects that are activated upon ordering certain cocktails or menu items, plus the upgraded pool area and monorail waterslides."

Has anyone heard more detail about the interactive part or what it will involve?

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-09 09:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-09 08:47, Loki-Tiki wrote:
...new Polynesian restaurant and bar with the clever interactive effects that are activated upon ordering certain cocktails ......

Has anyone heard more detail about the interactive part or what it will involve?

I'm guessing sort of like what happens at the Tiki Ti when you order certain cocktails but with animatronics? Hmmm.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 11:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-09 09:36, Hakalugi wrote:

I'm guessing sort of like what happens at the Tiki Ti when you order certain cocktails but with animatronics? Hmmm.

Or it could simply be some sort of ritualistic presentation of the menu item by the staff. Think in terms of
Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurants, or like this clip from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure which was based on a similar experience.
I'm thinking lighting effects, music, and maybe a little presentation flair is what they are talking about.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-11 08:58 am   Permalink

shall we plan a group trip to the new tiki location? =)

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation