FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-11 11:38 am   Permalink

I LOVE the Disneyland hotel ... back when I was still living up North I'd come down and stay at that hotel to get the full-on Disneyland experience. Looking forward to the changes esp to the pool area. I live in LA so it's an easy drive, but will def check it out once it is all completely. Really neat to be able to see the plans.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-13 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-11 08:58, JudyLuck wrote:
shall we plan a group trip to the new tiki location? =)

I wish I weren't working that week and that it wasn't a blackout period on my pass the next few weekends. Otherwise I could get a couple of people in the park FREE! Then I'll be at Hukilau in June, Tiki Oasis in August, Goin' Primitive in October... What a year!

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 2:04 pm   Permalink

My Mom works at Disneyland,
and did some asking around.

She heard its opening on the 23rd.

Not sure if that is in stone.
but just thought I would pass the info.

That is the monday after Tiki Caliente.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 2:24 pm   Permalink

I may need to be schooled on this, but just what is the importance of Disneyland to the
classic Tiki/Polynesian scene of the 50s & 60s ?

My parents both worked in Hollywood for the movie studios in the 50s and loved going to Tiki supper clubs & bars
but never mentioned Disneyland?

I am aware of the Enchanted Tiki Room & remember seeing it as kid, but wasn't this long after the actual Tiki Scene, please forgive my ignorance if I am out of line.

CTiT

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-14 2:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-14 14:24, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
I may need to be schooled on this, but just what is the importance of Disneyland to the

My parents both worked in Hollywood for the movie studios in the 50s and loved going to Tiki supper clubs & bars

I am aware of the Enchanted Tiki Room & remember seeing it as kid, but wasn't this long after the actual Tiki Scene, please forgive my ignorance if I am out of line.

CTiT

The Enchanted Tiki Room opened in 1963. Of course that has nothing to do with when you saw it as a kid which may very well have been long after the "actual Tiki Scene".

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 3:28 pm   Permalink

So was "The Enchanted Tiki Room" the introduction to Tiki for most of you?

CTiT

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

CTiT

The answers yee seek are in the Tiki Bible. Also known as.....

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2011-05-14 16:00 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-14 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

CTiT

There are a few facets of Tiki, or Poly Pop, some of which seem disparate when thrown into the pot. In a coconut shell, Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (and the late Tahitian Terrace) holds a prominent place in the later (1960s) incarnation of Tikidom. Disney also had a unique and popular approach to color and style in the Americana phenom known as Tiki. It was the last major influence on tiki until its resurgence in the 1990s.

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2011-05-14 21:43 ]

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 11:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-14 14:04, bigtikidude wrote:
My Mom works at Disneyland,
and did some asking around.

She heard its opening on the 23rd.

Not sure if that is in stone.
but just thought I would pass the info.

That is the monday after Tiki Caliente.

Jeff(btd)

I am hearing rumors of Wed. the 25th,
but my Mom says Mon. the 23rd.

I am close enough I will go both nights.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-15 12:32 am   Permalink

According to the Orange County Register, it is May 25. But some Disneyland rides and attractions have "soft opening" where a select few are able to get a sneak peak before the true, actual, official, bona fide, legitimate, sanctioned* opening.

* I lost my thresaurus so can't think of any other synonyms

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2011-05-15 00:41 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-15 01:38 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info! consider me schooled.

Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-15 8:15 pm   Permalink

I wanna go opening night!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-15 11:36 pm   Permalink

I was just over there to take my son to a birthday party at Goofy's Kitchen. One of the ladies at the hotel giftshop next door confirmed it was opening the 25th also. I peered over the partition and couldn't see much of the inside -- a few nice lamps hanging from the ceiling -- but the outside looked great. Can't wait to see it completed and open!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 06:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-15 01:38, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Thanks for the info! consider me schooled.

It's not just the tiki, but the whole "exotic" thing for me. Walt not only had those two attractions already mentioned but built a whole entire world for them to be located in. Some of us have "tropical" backyards (really, just collections of ornamental tropical plants not normally found together in real life) but Walt had an entire river with boats cruising on it! Adventureland is like a gateway drug to Tiki!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 4:37 pm   Permalink

My love of Tiki and Disney in one place.......
I'm thinking of hitting Pirates 4 at the Downtown Disney AMC and then like a Pirate having some rum drinks at Trader Sam's

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation