FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Disneyland Hotel Remodel / Restaurant Reminiscent of the original Tahitian Terrace
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 12:39 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking the exact same thing. This coming Monday May 23rd! On my way home from Tiki Caliente! Anyone interested? I might possibly hang out down here in SoCal a few extra days as well, to catch the official grand opening of Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's on Wed the 25th.

Coco Loco and I are going to swing by Downtown Disney in just a bit today on our way out to Palm Springs, to check on the progress of the poolside restaurant and bar, and see if by luck it might be open yet. We actually wanted to do an entire Disneyland thing today, but the Pirates of the Caribbean movie doesn't come out until midnight, the new restaurant and bar potentially aren't open yet, and Disneyland itself is only open until 8pm tonight! Even California Adventure is open later tonight! Go figure! lol Oh well, maybe we can make up for it all next week!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 12:57 pm   Permalink

All the Disney folks I talked to this weekend said the 25th. I'll be taking that whole day off to spend in the park and enjoy the new cocktails...Anyone else??

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 12:39, Mai Tai wrote:
Disneyland itself is only open until 8pm tonight!

Must be Grad Night (or some other special event).

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 2:09 pm   Permalink

I'll be there for opening night. If anyone wants to do a quick review/critique/etc.. find me and I'll put you on tape. Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-19 5:28 pm   Permalink

Soccertiki and I were invited to the Cast Member Preview Party today and all I can say is Woohoo! You are all in for a treat. Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is a magical place , the moment you step through the doors the world of Tiki comes to life. The drinks were tasty and the bar menu has all kinds of yummy choices. We can't wait to go back for The Grand Opening on May 25

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 02:23 am   Permalink

Okay, Coco Loco and I did some snooping and sleuthing today, and actually ran into the manager of the Trader Sam's bar, and one of his co-managers of the restaurant. He said that the grand opening is still scheduled for next Wed May 25th, and if all goes according to plan, there could be a soft opening next Tues May 24th. He said that the restaurant and bar and poolside construction were all scheduled to be finished a good month ago, but the bad weather and serious amounts of rain this past winter and spring have thrown a monkey wrench into their schedule. They are working really really right now to make the 25th deadline.

I pressed him a little about if there could be a soft opening as well next Monday, but he didn't think so. I'm still going to double check things on Monday anyways, just to be sure. He also said that they had a test run today (Thurs) for executives and their friends and families, to see how things were coming along, and evidently they had very positive response. They wouldn't let me in for a sneak peak, but from what I could see looking in the windows, things are looking good - kind of reminds me of Trader Vic's Palo Alto, more clean lines, more sparse in bamboo but it's more strategically placed, good use of color. The good news is, one way or another, this place will be open soon!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 12:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 13:55, Brudda Bear wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-19 12:39, Mai Tai wrote:
Disneyland itself is only open until 8pm tonight!

Must be Grad Night (or some other special event).
Bear

I thought that maybe they might be having a special screening of Pirates of the Caribbean IV, on the Rivers Of America water screens that they use for Fantasmic, like they have done in the past. Nope. Looks like there's not a lot of fanfare for this movie.

But it turns out that yes, it was Grad Night last night.

Also, the new Star Tours ride revamp wasn't up and running yet. Does anyone know when that will be launched, or if they are having a soft opening for it as well?

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 12:54 pm   Permalink

According to Todays (5/20/11)Miceage.com: Park update...
"Star Tours: The Adventures continue has begun Cast member Previews and this weekend a few lucky pass holders will get to take their first rides on the newly re-vamped attraction."

You gotta scroll quite a bit but it's down there somewhere

Also check out Orange County Register: Star Tours

[ This Message was edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2011-05-20 14:21 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 2:17 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai -----They already had the Pirates Premiere at Disneyland on May 7th and it was a big event

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-21 10:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 12:57, aquaorama wrote:
All the Disney folks I talked to this weekend said the 25th. I'll be taking that whole day off to spend in the park and enjoy the new cocktails...Anyone else??

Definitely. With all the rumors and sneak-peek reviews swirling around I'm taking the week off to watch for a soft opening.

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 3:24 pm   Permalink

I'll be there for sure. This is a dream come true to be able to bask in Disney's official Tiki Bar.

Let's hang!

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-24 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-19 17:28, WooHooWahine wrote:
Soccertiki and I were invited to the Cast Member Preview Party today and all I can say is Woohoo! You are all in for a treat. Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is a magical place , the moment you step through the doors the world of Tiki comes to life. The drinks were tasty and the bar menu has all kinds of yummy choices. We can't wait to go back for The Grand Opening on May 25

WooHooo! Tomorrow's the day......

See you in line

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 9:42 pm   Permalink

Line?

ugh......
If there is a Line,
I am out.

I might go by to take a look.
but I'm not into waiting for drinks.
there was enough of that at Tiki Caliente,

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 10:42 pm   Permalink

i cant wait!!!! i'll tell you all how star tours is too! ; )

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-05-25 07:31 am   Permalink

4 hours til....

Get ready for volcanoes, tropical storms, entertaining skippers (bartenders) and great food and drinks!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation