FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-13 09:23 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Friends, lend me your eyes for a second or two...I finished two paintings last night that I started over the weekend. Both could be considered studies of human form I suppose (practice, practice, practice.)

For the guys I present: "Kaimana Ehu" - roughly translated means "Diamond Dusty".
Acrylics on 12" x 16" canvas panel. I will attempt a larger, black-velvet version of this image soon.

For the ladies I present: "Alpha Male"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" stretched canvas.

Enjoy! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-13 12:45 pm   Permalink

Nice work G. Have fun diving into the black velvet!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 10:11 am   Permalink

I looove the Kelly painting, about a cool girl with a passion, I don't see enough art about that, congrats! and thanks for sharing

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 10:35 am   Permalink

Thanks Clarita for the positive comment regarding Hiphipahula's painting, I appreciate it

I've got a few more tiki peeps portraits in the planning stage right now - not going to say who! Its a pleasure to do these as gifts for friends. G

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-07-15 11:34 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 9:59 pm   Permalink

"Kaimana Ehu" is hittin it there G!

Alpha Male...lol

Keep those brushes wet and moving,Greg!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Latest TikiG painting fresh offa'd easel this morning-

"Hawaii Boy in Pool"
Acrylics on 12" x 16" canvas panel
July 17-18, 2010

"Self-Portrait"
Oils on 3.5" x 3.5" on black velvet panel
June 2010
Experimental test using oils on velvet. More velvets to come - I'm more comfortable with velvet now to attempt larger pieces!

Thanks for the positive comments everybody - enjoy!

amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 12:44 pm   Permalink

Love the water! Looks really shimmery. And the multi scope picturing with the islands in there. Good luck with the velvets! can't wait to see more from the G.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-18 12:55 pm   Permalink

Amybean - Thanks sis!! G

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

Great paintings G. Amy's right - excellent water work, looks like it would run off if you tilted the canvas!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 8:45 pm   Permalink

I began painting this image two weekends ago at my neighbor's impromptu art jam - brought it back home and its been sitting here staring at me. Loosely done, this is what manifested...was plenty creepy until I brought up the smile and twinkle eyes...still creepy though...therefore I present -

"Shadow Tiki"
Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.
July 2010

Cheers! G

tiki since '67!

amybean

Posted: 2010-07-20 9:54 pm   Permalink

I had braids quite like that when I was young *sniff*

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 10:21 pm   Permalink

dig those waves G! Real shimmery.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-25 7:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
A new Duke Kahanamoku painting...my latest contribution to a Duke series I'm forever working on:

"Duke...stud...study #2"
Acrylics on 12" x 14" stretched canvas.
July 21-25, 2010

Plain and simple. Enjoy!

amybean

Posted: 2010-07-25 9:07 pm   Permalink

Love it! I want to know more about the Duke.

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 08:01 am   Permalink

Damn! How could I forget to post the following?

For all the amusement-ride aficionados in poly-pop-land I present the following TikiG painting:

"Tilt-A-Whirl"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" stretched canvas.
June 2010

This was painted for and subsequently presented to Ken Ruzik (little lost tiki) on Sat. July 24,2010.
I know Ken absolutely loves his "Tilt" so this image proved perfect.
I love amusement-park art, its in my blood.

Enjoy! G

tiki since '67!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation