FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-28 8:32 pm   Permalink

I really like the bomb blast. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 2:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tikis!! TikiG here for an update -

First off...my inspiration for the atom-bomb image is that I like atom-bomb images for some warped reason, probably from my cold-war, school-days, propaganda-hanging-in-the-classroom memories. I thought the juxtaposition of advertising hyperbole and the explosion image went together well. Nothing new here although this Mod Podge & painting is MY take on the subject. Thanks for the positives on that one.

Now...I'd love to present two new TikiG canvases I finished over the past week or so.

"Tiki Falls"
Acrylics on 12" x 16" canvas panel.
December 01-06, 2010.

"Like, Mad"
Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.
December 08-10, 2010.

More to come in the next week as I'm working on many paintings right now - although a few will be reserved to post later as they are holiday gifts and I can't spoil the surprise for the recipients, y'know?

Hope you enjoy these latest offerings as much as I enjoyed painting them. Thanks for all the support.

Aloha! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 11:31 am   Permalink

Real art from a real artist as Christmas gifts - how cool is that!!??

Greg, thanks for the ABomb insight. Tiki Fall looks lush and inviting, and "Like, Mad" looks a lot like me!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 6:21 pm   Permalink

Gettin betterer and betterer G!
ho ho freakin ho,buddy!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 9:15 pm   Permalink

Dude(s) - Thanks for the comments!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 9:19 pm   Permalink

TikiG, that is a bunch of fine art.

Good on you and thank you for sharing.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-18 1:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Jim!

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 5:48 pm   Permalink

Wow! Two months go by really quick my friends - didn't notice the clock and I rarely wear a watch but I'm back with a little sumptin' to prove I have been alive and well...dig this little canvas I just finished that is a "getting my feet wet" primer for a couple more of this type to follow:

"The Family That Stays Together"
Acrylics on 9" x 12" canvas panel.
February 18-27, 2011.

I have another shrunken heads painting in-process that I'll post later this week. Aloha! G

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-02 03:04 am   Permalink

Greg, I almost missed this! Looks great, good to have you back

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 1:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki peeps!!

As promised - here's another shrunken-head themed painting I just finished this morning.
I call it "Meet The Pauless!

Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.

Based upon the "Paul is dead" rumors of the late '60s with just a little twist of TikiG satire thrown in for good measure. I hope you like it!

This painting is a practice piece for three others to follow - one will be a black velvet painting - to be completed for the "Hunters & Collectors" art show in Anaheim next month (I have to wait until after the show opening to post 'em.)

I'm working on my Tonga Hut Tiki Bob painting and another piece for El Gato Gomez right now which I'll share here when they're finished okay? Cheers! G

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2011-03-08 14:07 ]

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 4:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Back to my tiki roots, here's one I finished this afternoon...

"Beauty...In The Eye of the Beholder"
Ink wash & acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.

March 10, 2011.

I started this piece at Ruzik's Bat Cave a month ago and decided to finish it today. I had no idea what the painting was going to be when I started, but it all turned out well. Enjoy!

More to come, stay tuned! G

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-10 5:25 pm   Permalink

"...started this piece at Ruzik's Bat Cave..."

Hmmm, I can see the "herbal" influence Great job Greg!

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 08:51 am   Permalink

Aloha!

My latest painting - for the Tiki Bob 2011 on-line art show organized by Grog

"The Night Bob met Bob"
Acrylics on 16" X 20" canvas panel.
March 28, 2011.

Thanks for tuning in my friends...more to follow very soon. G

tiki since '67!

Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 4:31 pm   Permalink

Love the expression on this painting, 'G. Oh, I think we've all been there at some point! Nice piece but we missed you at Sunday's show...

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 6:48 pm   Permalink

You like? I like you like

Thanks Stephen!

PS: Miss you guys too - I just can't do Sunday evening events...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation