FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 11:22 am   Permalink

Birdielicious!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 5:47 pm   Permalink

Your HB is SOOOOO cute! I love the little jaunt of his head!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-26 6:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-26 07:42, MadDogMike wrote:
HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that hornbills live to be 35-50 years old?

Hornbill #3 is finished!

11L x 5W x 8T, about 18 ounces

Nice!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-26 6:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you all kindly, I'm happy with the way he turned out

Hornbill #4 is bisque firing in the kiln right now and I'm making progress on #5 - HOWEVER no more pics for you until someone else posts something new!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 5:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha! All art swap peeps...just a little tease of my contribution to the "Birds of the Pacific" swap. Click on the link below and check it out if you dare

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=446395&l=7cafca7c24&id=100000151681492

The other half of my contribution will be linked here soon. Enjoy! (its all in fun, folks!) G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 5:19 pm   Permalink

I love it!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-29 5:32 pm   Permalink

Made MY day!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-29 8:06 pm   Permalink

I told my wife "Babe, just look at the characters I have to put up with on TC" and I showed her Greg's "Bird" painting. She laughed and said I deserved everything I got. Great interpretation TikiG! (and a well done painting too)

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that hornbill's first 2 neck vertebrae are fused to support the weight of their large bill

Here's my progress:
Hornbill #4 - "Happy Birthday!" is almost done. On my next trip to the big city I'll pick up some black "dimension" glaze and make some raised black bumps for emerging feathers (Edit- done and new pic posted). The egg has a satin glaze and looks quite real. There is a clear vinyl tube attached to the inside on the birdie's head and leading down into the egg. Just wrap your lips around the beak and SUCK - no straw needed

Hornbill #5 - tentatively titled "The Things I Do For My Ungrateful Children" Pitcher is slowly drying. The mama hornbill is sealed up in her hollow tree for the next several weeks with a wall of mud and sticks, only her nose can stick out through the hole where her deadbeat husband will hopefully feed her. The pitcher fits in the kiln with only fractions of an inch to spare

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-08-20 13:56 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-29 8:25 pm   Permalink

MDM, you are on fire. Bravo!

I better get started on those fairy terns.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 9:07 pm   Permalink

Mike - DUDE!! You're so far ahead of the pack we're all left standing in your dust cloud scratching our heads...

(((Smokin' execution but better yet, smokin' imagination!!!)))

Cheers! to those ballsy enough to step up to this plate! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-30 04:15 am   Permalink

Wow! A lot of great masterpieces have transpired since I last looked! What an awesome bunch of goodies!

by the way, Tiki G is my roommate. Not that I don't LOVE his painting, but I'm thinking that if we were matched for the swap it wouldn't be as exciting for either of us.

Unless he objects, can I request a re-draw if it should end up we're matched?

You know what I'm sayin, right?

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-02 1:15 pm   Permalink

Thank you Amy and Greg. This is not part of the art swap but was inspired by this "Birds of the Pacific" thread so I'll post it here:

Ladies and gentlemen, prepare your eyes for a transformation! From a common mundane $2 WalMart dove decoy to a rare and beautiful I'iwi Hawaiian Honeycreeper

A little polymer clay and epoxy glue for the beak, a spritz of red Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastic, and some acrylic accent color paint.

beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-02 1:20 pm   Permalink

Do you suppose that the "creator" did the same thing Mike?! LOL Had this perfectly boring critter and, perhaps under the influence of some cosmic drug, decided to glue new parts to it? I believe that is how MOST of the critters in Australia came to be! Come on - look at the duck-billed platypus!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-02 1:48 pm   Permalink

You may be right Regan - according the the Genesis account, God created all the plants first and didn't create the animals until 2 days later giving Him plenty of time to experiment with the herbs He created. Plus, He made the animals on the 5th day (Friday), I'm thinking He did Australia last and made the platypus about 5 o'clock in the afternoon

pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-02 2:19 pm   Permalink

All of your pieces look amazing. I have been slacking on my skate toucan. I think it's going to be a LOT more detailed until September! Hopefully I can get some work done tonight. I'll post pics if I do!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation