FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 10:42 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone, this time around I've had trouble getting started but now my entry is underway. There will be a tropical bird making use of the tiki in later posts. Hugs, to all my friends, Wendy

PS he's not really crooked I took the photo from the side

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 11:52 am   Permalink

"...I've had trouble getting started ..."

Maybe you've been a little busy Wendy Glad to see you've got a good start, can't wait to see what develops

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 8:01 pm   Permalink

YAY! GO WENDY!!!
...Oh, and say 'hi' to Dan for me

~zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-09-03 20:02 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 8:39 pm   Permalink

Thought I would throw out a little teaser picture.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 08:45 am   Permalink

It's a long drive, way back, past the warning track wall. You can touch all the bases Babalu, it's a HOME RUN!!!

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that the hornbill was revered by ancient people as a "god of war."

I am working on one last bird piece before the deadline, a Papua New Guinea Bird-Headed War Club. It started at a forked branch so it's one piece. I'm not sure where this will lead, I am letting the wood speak to me. OK, that's artist talk for "I haven't the faintest idea what the hell I'm doing"

May carve or burn some designs into it, may leave it clean and smooth? May add some inlayed shell eyes? Maybe colored twine handle wrapping? Who knows? 10x21 inches

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 09:51 am   Permalink

Damn Mike...how many pieces have you done now, like 40, or something? Your a CLAY STUD!

Ok, I was able to get some other pictures up this morning...hope you guys like him. He's done.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 09:59 am   Permalink

Mike, you are truly a MADMAN!!! It's like a volcano of bird~y goodness, and educational, too!
Babalu, I am never disappinted by your amazing skill... truly!
This swap is just chockablock with amazin', stupendulous, ingredimazing, fantastigoodness artstuffs! Tons of great folks making great art - it does my soul good to see it!

...Oh, and Wendy? Watch out, or the birdies'll GETCHA!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 1:09 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work Babalu!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 6:32 pm   Permalink

ZeroTiki and Zerostreet with posts next to each other. I'm curious what inspired your names? Dan plans to start posting on TC one day so the name we came up for him is wendylovestikis!

It's fun to see the bird run off with my autograph for your jacket ZeroTiki, did you get it back?

It's late so now I'll get back to my painting, I have to catch up big time. Babalu you rock, all the art is tip tops this year and you are the tip of the top. Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 6:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Wendy....years ago when trying to come up with a name for my website I thought of a street near where I lived that locals referred to as Zero Street due to the fact that it was in between NW 1st street and SW 1st street.

By the way, did you read my response to you in my gallery post? I'm curious who you confused me for at Tiki Oasis?

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 7:02 pm   Permalink

Wicked Rick, you are the glaze master (and the sculpt master, and the mold master, and an all around cool dude)

Wendylovetikis that should confuse everyone

pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-04 9:43 pm   Permalink

Well Mrs. Pennjones is done with her piece. She doesn't know if this will be her piece for the trade or not, because she's really into painting lately and wants to do more, but here are the progress shots:

And the finished product:

The color is much more vivid in person. I'm quickly realizing I need a new camera, because ours kinda sucks.

And while mine isn't done just yet, it's fastly getting there. I have a lot more detail and additions for this thing! Here is the full piece and some detail shots:

Again, the colors are much more brilliant in person. Thanks for looking!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 10:02 pm   Permalink

I'm glad to be working on this swap. I can't wait until the end to see who gets which piece, they are all so good. I'm trying hard to catch up. Here's step two. Wendy

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 10:26 pm   Permalink

When I firt started painting (and acting), I used the name, "MarkZero", which was quickly shortened to "Zero". This is why my abstract art site is called markzeroart.com. When I started actively painting tikis, it was several years before I had anything wood and tikified, and to this day I still haven't actually gotten a true, wood pole-style tiki. hence, 'ZeroTiki'.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 10:43 pm   Permalink

The Pennjoneses are a 2 artist family!!!

Both are looking great, what is the bird the Missus has painted? (I'm not very well versed on tropical birds ) The toucan is looking very good, I like the changes to the beak and the tapa border is a nice touch.

Wendy, great progress! I love how the shadows create a 3D effect (something my brain understands but my hand can't yet perform)

I have finished framing my "Monday Morning in Baining" picture. A deep, shadow box type frame of burned and spar varnished redwood with glass. The "back story" is mounted to the back of the frame, is that why it's called a back story?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation