FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-04 11:32 pm   Permalink

I think it's called a superb fruit dove and it lives in the New Guinea/Australia/Phillipenes area

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-05 4:55 pm   Permalink

So, I did a lot of work today and finished my piece for the swap. Here it is:

Please let me know what you think of it!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 5:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-05 16:55, pennjones wrote:
Please let me know what you think of it!

I think it's beauteous!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 5:42 pm   Permalink

Nice work, pennjones!
...So WaikikianMoeKele, how's your piece coming along?

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-09-05 17:45 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 6:10 pm   Permalink

DAMN!! I leave for what seems like minutes, come back to the living room and look at THIS!?!

amybean - I'm diggin on the colors of the plush fairy tern mug...cool mint green awesome goodness

Wendy - tease me please me one step at a time. Can't wait to see how the image evolves into a bird theme

Babalu - Now you've done it, you make me reach for a clean napkin...'scuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin AGAIN

MadDogMike - What's the deal with your submission? Win one get ten free?!? Every one a winner my friend.

Pennjones - I love your multi-element piece a lot, it would look great on any wall. Mrs. Pennjones' painting is vivid psychedelic goodness - yay!

Isn't it time to raise a toast to all of this spectacular art creativity? Well you got it - CHEERS PEOPLE!! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-05 6:50 pm   Permalink

Pennjones, I love the colors - looks like a 70s blacklight painting (I mean that in a good way ) The border and the sculptured elements really make it POP!

Tiki G-Man, My partner will get their choice - should be SOMETHING in there they would like! CHEERS!

PS - thanks for the voting help folks

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-05 7:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-05 18:50, MadDogMike wrote:
Pennjones, I love the colors - looks like a 70s blacklight painting (I mean that in a good way ) The border and the sculptured elements really make it POP!

Tiki G-Man, My partner will get their choice - should be SOMETHING in there they would like! CHEERS!

PS - thanks for the voting help folks

Had such a busy day I forgot all about your message to me last night! Just voted!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 02:20 am   Permalink

this is a really cool swap
Love all!
Baļ

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 11:12 am   Permalink

Cap'n Hornbill settles in for a landing! Done and done!

..and here's the front and back shot

(I added a peking duck on the back because most Tiki locations historically served chinese cuisine - )

~Zero
Hey, Hewey!
any chance of a progress so far post? I'm dying to see all of this wonderousness and awesome-ocity, but my scrolling hand is over taxed...
(stop laughing, you...)

~Z

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-06 12:43 pm   Permalink

Zerotiki, looks great! All of these pieces are looking fantastic! Thank you for all the kind words and Mrs. Pennjones says thank you too! I can't wait to see who we get to trade with!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-06 1:36 pm   Permalink

Very Cool ZT! Love the detailing on the back - Peking Duck!

What an awesome swap we're gonna have!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-06 7:20 pm   Permalink

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that the hornbill has a 2-lobed kidney?
(OK, I'm starting to run out of hornbill facts )

I turned off the power tools and listened, the wood spoke it me. It said that it had the heart of a warrior- smooth, clean, and efficient. Not like some ornate 10 dollar hooker. How convenient, since I don't have the woodcarving skills to go all baroque on it
I think the wood for this PNG Bird Head Club is Indian Laurel (Ficus), beautiful color and grain with full gloss spar varnish. The eyes are inlayed grey shell.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-06 7:22 pm   Permalink

ZeroTiki - love the colors

MadDogMike - that's a great weapon

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-07 4:36 pm   Permalink

Jeez, Rick ... that's amazing!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-07 9:24 pm   Permalink

The flash is wiping out the depth in the bamboo jungle. Next I'll work on the depth of the foreground. There will be a bird. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation