FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 07:44 am   Permalink

Four!!! FOUR days left!!!!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 08:06 am   Permalink

Here's what I've got so far. Its gonna be hard for me to finish this by the Monday (many things going on) - but I do promise to finish it soon after if you let me swap?? Two scraps of wood transformed into a tiki-ish bird. Mahogany body and tail with Walnut wings - approx 11" long.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 08:45 am   Permalink

I saw AlohaStation's name in the "Other Craft" sections - my heart skipped a beat as I thought "Could he be posting something in the Bird Swap?" SHURE 'NUF!!! Look great Tom!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 08:57 am   Permalink

Well, well, well...welcome to the swap Mr. AlohaStation!!

Now here's the tricky one - where's Mango?!!?

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 10:21 am   Permalink

Here's the perfect video to celebrate 4 days left to the end of the Swap. It features 2 Birds of the Pacific; the Vanatu Jungle Fowl and the Erect Crested Penguin of New Zealand (besides, Fiest is HOT!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9WiuJPnNA

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:43 am   Permalink

I'm so happy to announce, "I'm finished". However I don't have a name for the painting. Any suggestions?

I thought Playing Hooky
Dan thought Hawaiian Omelet

and you suggest...

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:56 am   Permalink

Nice work Wendy!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 12:19 pm   Permalink

WaikikianMoeKele, what a tease!!! I'm excited to see what comes of this.

Wendy, absolutely beautiful!!! How about "Say Ahhh" I can't seem to find a decent online Hawaiaan Dictionary but Egg Protector or Egg Guardian would be good

pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-16 1:45 pm   Permalink

Great work everyone! Ahh I can't wait to see how this thing finishes up!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 1:56 pm   Permalink

Howzabout, 'hawaiian omelet'?

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 08:06, AlohaStation wrote:
Here's what I've got so far. Its gonna be hard for me to finish this by the Monday (many things going on) - but I do promise to finish it soon after if you let me swap?? Two scraps of wood transformed into a tiki-ish bird. Mahogany body and tail with Walnut wings - approx 11" long.

This has gotta make it in!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 8:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 03:17, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
A bird feeder! A brilliant take on the theme! ...or is it something else?

Sorry, Bongo, it's not a bird feeder.
But here's another progress pic...

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-17 02:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 12:19, MadDogMike wrote:

Wendy, absolutely beautiful!!! How about "Say Ahhh" I can't seem to find a decent online Hawaiaan Dictionary but Egg Protector or Egg Guardian would be good

These are good, or how about, "Birdie Loves Tiki". I really like the way the painting begs the viewer to create a story behind it.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-17 06:25 am   Permalink

Today's video, Three Little Birds. Only 3 days left for the Bird Swap!

(I apologize for bringing Bob Marley and Reggea to the tiki party but it is the obvious choice for 3 and birds. Besides, this song has helped me through some very rough times )

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-17 07:14 am   Permalink

Here's my entry. Go easy on me, I'm not a professional. Heavy inspiration from the WITCO piece found in TIKI MODERN, (page 175).

South Island Kakas
16x21
Acrylic and Wood on Canvas

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation