FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 6:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha - Is it time? Walking down the judging ramp, all of a sudden the model stops - winks...then throws you this...

- My swapping partner will receive both paintings in one package - two birds w/one stone

As for the various pieces, I love what I've see so far. Lots of wow! unbelievable! shock and wonder!

I can't wait for the name draws. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 7:22 pm   Permalink

And so I'm thinkin', "What great variety in this swap!", and then TikiG submits two more tropical birds! Wow!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 7:34 pm   Permalink

Eight great works of art so far, who is missing?

Kenny, thank you so much. That made it all worthwhile.
MadDogMike, unbelievable, I barely could get mine done in time.
TikiG Dan's never going to stop laughing.
Amybean, I wish I knew how to get prints onto cloth, or is it still paper?
ZeroTiki the depth on the head piece is so good.
Zerostreet, that is one sweet bird.
Clever with the bird of paradise, see I can't remember how to spell your name. I love Lorakeets, we were just with them yesterday, they ate Dan's new straw hat but it was worth it.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 7:40 pm   Permalink

Here's my birdie...

Inspired by the BirdMen of Rapa Nui, & one of my favorite arteests: Little Lost Tiki! Then done up in the good ol' classic Witco style by carvin' and burnin' a 15" slab of Redwood.

I hope you likee!

Mahaloz!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 7:46 pm   Permalink

Wendy- it's printed on fabric that I sent through my printer.
You can do it too!

http://www.voguefabricsstore.com/store/product.php?productid=4011&cat=0&page=

Note- the price is for 6 packs of 6 sheets each. (I always make mistakes, so I buy it in bulk.)
There are other products to treat the fabric for same style printing, but they are WAY more labor intensive.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 8:00 pm   Permalink

That's the first time we've seen that Tiki Lee - nice! You've been holding out on us

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 8:22 pm   Permalink

Thank you amybean, something new to try out. Lee that's great. I love the mom and baby photo on Ohana. I just remembered Bai hasn't re-posted her photo yet, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-09-20 07:41 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 9:21 pm   Permalink

Just took a minute to peruse the latest wonderful artwork before heading to bed. My offering is getting close, but won't be done til tomorrow... & later tomorrow at that... but it will get done!
After looking through all the others & with my concern for getting mine finished, who knows what kind of unusual dreams I'll have tonight!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 11:09 pm   Permalink

I did... on page 10
here the tikiwi again.

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 04:41 am   Permalink

And here's a repost of my entry. I've got it all bubble wrapped and boxed, just waiting to know who(m) I'm a-swappin' with.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 06:31 am   Permalink

TIME!!!
I know some of you already have pics up, but I thought an all in one place approach might be helpful.
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-09-20 06:32 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 07:49 am   Permalink

Heweeeeeey, when are you gonna do the swap?????

I'll just give it a little and let the stragglers get their stuff in

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 08:04 am   Permalink

Today isn't over already? I will have mine ready this next week. Just needs some finishing touches.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 08:26 am   Permalink

Is something better than nothing? Is small better than nothing at all? I DID spend a lot of time on it but it just seems inadequate compared to all the incredible stuff the rest of you have been pumping out (that's YOU Mike! ) I will have to post a pic when I get home from work (5ish).

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 08:35 am   Permalink

Well talk about last minute...

Please enter me in the swap.

Still a couple more details to tidy, but pretty much done.

Acrylic on hardboard. 20"x13"

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation