FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
steve 13

Posted: 2010-07-03 3:26 pm   Permalink

Awesome job Babalu...can't wait to see the finished product....I'm stepping up to the plate ...I'M IN!!!!

View Profile of steve 13 Send a personal message to steve 13  Email steve 13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-03 3:30 pm   Permalink

I'm In! I'm In!

K?

Yes, I paint. I typically paint abstracts, have done a few portraits, now it's time to bust out something for TC!

I've already selected my subject: The rainbow Lorikeet from Papa New Guinea.

[ This Message was edited by: melekalikimaka 2010-07-03 15:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Melekalikimaka 2010-07-03 15:53 ]

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-03 4:21 pm   Permalink

This bird may be my choice too! Check out California Events. I posted a recent visit to a Lorakeet hands on at the zoo. Wendy

Babalu I saw the interaction, it's so good I was fearful for the bird!

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 6:40 pm   Permalink

I love Rainbow Lorikeets. An ex-girlfriend had one and it used to sit on her shoulder when we went to the supermarket. I also have flocks of them fly over the house regularly and what I find so funny about them is they are SO loud and NEVER stop squawking.

And Babalu, that mug is amazing. You are one talented individual. Whoever gets that piece is going to be very lucky.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-03 9:57 pm   Permalink

Look at the detail on that bird - that, Rick, is why you are the master!

Regan, I intend to make that Flying Fox goblet but I was kidding about doing it for the bird swap

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 10:03 pm   Permalink

Swizzle - at least lorikeets are pretty to look at - all we get here is all the noise and none of the flash (crows) - I think the Lord of the Dance is training entire murders of crows his dance steps on the roof over my bedroom at 5 a.m.! It's worse now because all the babies are fledging but they're still getting food from the parents - so all they do is scream for food!

Babalu - incredible detail on your mugs. Wendy - I saw the danger for that little guy too - simply amazing.

AND - if I had thought about using ANY pretty bird from ANY paradise, I might not have spent most of the day looking at pictures of birds of paradise (the flowers and the birds) and branched out a bit (pun intended!). Now I may have to amend my initial idea. Hmmm. Lots to think about.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 07:18 am   Permalink

I love that swap
Babalu.. I'm so sure everyone is working right now, and pray for having this swap with you so am i
here my tikiwi. now I have to wait the kiln decision.. will he like it or not
Mahalo,

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-04 07:24 am   Permalink

HOLY CRAP BAI!!!!!!!!!

So very cool in such a short period of time. You and Babs are sure providing a swift kick in the pants to the rest of us!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 10:11 am   Permalink

wOw bai...VERY NICE INDEED! I love the way you have worked the straw hole in...feeding the baby, or rather him feeding you...sweeeet!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 11:06 am   Permalink

What did I wake up to this morning? A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS!

Babs-n-Bai really have their sh't together on this one. I still have to get out of bed...

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-04 10:35 pm   Permalink

I plan to try several bird inspired works by the end of the Swap so I can offer my partner a variety - they say one man's garbage is another man's treasure

I tried a technique new to me: you carve a form out of styrofoam, cover it with polymer clay, and bake it. The styrofoam shrinks down to nothing and is easy to remove from the cured polymer.

Here's the original form

Here's the form after baking

Here's the result

Sabu probably isn't watching this thread but he should know where I'm going with this, I decided to use the whole skull instead of just the beak for a little extra drama

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-05 10:02 am   Permalink

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-05 10:02 am   Permalink

MadDogMike, that's something new I'll have to try.

Mike, Bai and Babalu you inspire me. This swap is really special. Traveling Jones is super busy this summer I wish he could still join us, hear that Joensey? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-05 10:19 am   Permalink

Wow, Jonesey you beat my message about you by a split second. We have a mental connection! Wendy

pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

Wow, I can't wait for this. I already started 2 things that may eventually be combined! One is clay and the other is wood. Both involve acrylic paint though! I'll try to post some pics up later.

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation