FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 3:44 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 6:32 pm   Permalink

Ok, here's mine, nearly finished. Really just some finishing touches to add.

It's called "the Blue Footed Booby Hatch."
Measures 12" wide, 9" high & 5 1/2" deep.
Still needs some more trim work, a real sign, some miniature bottles of booze, etc., etc., etc...
It will be totally complete in a couple days.
~kele

[ This Message was edited by: WaikikianMoeKele 2010-09-20 18:38 ]

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilusako
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-20 6:45 pm   Permalink

Here's my nearly-finished piece. i have a round of some cleaning up and checking the rest of the detail work to go.

I was inspired by Paradisaea apoda, and kinda let my brain/hand collaboration do all the rest of the work. I hope you guys like it!

It is 11" x 14", pen, marker and ink on bristol paper.

View Profile of lilusako Send a personal message to lilusako      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 7:09 pm   Permalink

I'm finally able to post this - it's my 23rd anniversary and I've been relaxing!

Okay, here's my contribution:

This bird is called the Regence Bower Bird - I thought it was more interesting than the blue bower bird:

I had to remove the background of the picture before I could convert it into a bead pattern:

This is the pattern after I converted it and did A LOT of work cleaning up the colors (there were over 200 colors originally!) and adjusting the edges so they looked smoother:

This picture is after I had started beading one way (peyote) then discovering it was too difficult to bead it that way so I started over using brick stitch (which looks like peyote when you turn is sideways).

This is the finished product facing one direction:

Then the other (with a dime for perspective):

After I finished beading it I thought - now what am I gonna do with it?! If I made it a necklace, and then a guy got it...then I remembered it's kinda too big for a necklace anyhow. So, unless you want to make your own bigass necklace, you're getting a sew-on patch or a suncatcher (some of the beads are transparent) or a Christmas ornament or you can make your own vignette to put it in, etc., etc., ad naseum!

[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2010-09-20 19:11 ]

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-20 8:04 pm   Permalink

Some very kool last-minute entries!!!

Kele- Sweet diorama! I had also looked at the Blue Footed Bobby for inspiration
lilusako- beautifully detailed Greater Bird of Paradise
Regan- that turned out so good! I'm thinking ornament for a nice white Panama hat (what was that about peyote )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-20 10:54 pm   Permalink

MadDog took the words right otta me mouth. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-21 06:03 am   Permalink

Hey lilusako, that would make a bitchin' tattoo!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 06:20 am   Permalink

Draw will be done in approx 24 hours

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 08:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-20 20:04, MadDogMike wrote:
Some very kool last-minute entries!!!

Kele- Sweet diorama! I had also looked at the Blue Footed Bobby for inspiration
lilusako- beautifully detailed Greater Bird of Paradise
Regan- that turned out so good! I'm thinking ornament for a nice white Panama hat (what was that about peyote )

Thanks Mike - not THAT kind of peyote! I can't imagine what that bird would have looked like if I had been ON peyote! Cool.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 7:22 pm   Permalink

So many wonderful items! Wonder which one will be coming to live with me?
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-21 8:14 pm   Permalink

It's like the Carnival - every one a winner!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 07:32 am   Permalink

Okay its 12:30am and I'm coming to the end of a stint doing 12 days straight at work so this is going to be short and sweet!

The swapping partners are:
TikiG & Tiki Baï
Mr Pennjones & Amybean
Tiki Lee's & Babalu
Zerostreet & tikiracer
Bongo Bungalow & beadtiki
ZeroTiki & danlovestikis
Mrs Pennjones & MadDogMike
AlohaStation & WaikikianMoeKele
Melekalikimaka & lilusako

Please PM your swap partner with your address, send your creation off in the post and keep an eye on the mailbox for your pressie And don’t forget to take a pic of your new artwork in its new home!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 08:07 am   Permalink

AWESOME!!!!! (I didn't know Pennjones was a Mrs. )

Hewey, great Swap as usual, thanks

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-22 08:12 am   Permalink

cool - thanks for running the swap, it's great fun and I'm well chuffed [pleased] with my partner.

Nice job everyone.

The only question is ... what's the subject for the next one?

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 08:53 am   Permalink

That went smoothly! Thanks again, Hewey. Hooray for the Birds of Paradise!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation