FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 3:20 pm   Permalink

Zerotiki, finding a place to hang anything in our home is a challenge. Guess what we have the painting hung and it's beautiful and perfect. I hope you make it to the crawl this weekend and can view your painting in its new home. Hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 3:41 pm   Permalink

Now that's a Hall of Fame. Looks great there Wendy & ZeroTiki

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 3:43 pm   Permalink

He's done! and will be ready to ship shortly. Just need to take some good photos. Sorry for the delay!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 4:30 pm   Permalink

Well worth the wait! Sweet Tom, love the way you set it in a frame.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 07:11 am   Permalink

I would like to thank Hewey, for getting us all going, and all of the artists, who let me look at their work on this forum. A distinctly valuable experience.
...and extra hugs for Wendy!! YAY! I hope to make it to the swap to see Crazy Cap'n Hornbill in his new setting.
Cheers,
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-15 2:02 pm   Permalink

Just received my bird from pennjones- It is awesome! Thank you!

Even cooler than in the photo. I hope you paint and sculpt more- you have a great style.

I'll send a picture when I hang it in my studio. Have a nice weekend, everyone.

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 10:08 am   Permalink

First, let me say I'm way later than I planned posting pictures of what Beadtiki sent me, and I'm sorry for that, then let me say: Beadtiki's work is AMAZING! The detail is mind boggling... and the feel of these pieces is incredible. Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you! (I wanted to post of picture of me with the two, too cool items Beadtiki sent, but this stuff is too small or maybe I'm too big.)

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-20 10:08, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-21 4:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's some special bead work. Is that a zipper pull? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 10:20 pm   Permalink

No, silly...it's a bird.

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-22 03:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-21 16:30, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow, that's some special bead work. Is that a zipper pull? Wendy

Ah no, the beadwork on the front of the bag sorta looks like a zipper, but this little pouch is open on the top. The palm tree "pull" is decorative. Not seen is a small loop attached to the back side. The beads are so heavy and they sorta slink in your fingers so that you get the sensation that the bag is made of metal. The bird is somehow stiffer and I plan to frame it.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-22 10:49 am   Permalink

ZeroTiki, now you get it. She's really good. When's the next swap and what will it be? Wendy

beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-22 7:18 pm   Permalink

You guys are so sweet! I'm really glad you like 'em! I always think of those bags as feeling like lizard skin - smooth but textured - and cold!

My prize is...

Obviously I haven't found a place to hang it yet but I wanted to put it into some perspective. It is lovingly accompanied by two Sophista-tiki originals! I decided my living room is going to be the "local" art gallery - only my friends and family are allowed to show their art here, and my new birds are right at home!

I, too, am looking forward to the next swap - I just hope I have the time and energy to participate!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-25 7:17 pm   Permalink

Finally finished my piece for AlohaStation & mailed it today. It was kind of hard to say goodbye to it. But I know that it will have a good home.

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 12:16 pm   Permalink

The detail work is wonderful on each piece. I love just looking at how you tied the bar stools and frames. The little mugs are so good, taking it all in at once it seems so real I'm ready to go hang out there. Excellent.

This year was terrific. Come on Hewey let's do it again. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation