FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 2:57 pm   Permalink

Very cool WaikikianMoeKele! Is that a bikini on the Blue Footed Booby??!!

I got my superb Superb Fruit Dove painting from Mrs PennJones, but have to hang it and get a picture posted. Maybe Thurs or Fri

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 7:18 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the compliments, Wendy, it's nice when people appreciate my little touches.
MadDogMike, glad that you liked it too & yes, that is a blue bikini on the female blue footed booby, I found it amusing.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-09 04:11 am   Permalink

We finally got the swaps SWAPPED!

Jocelyn and I swapped our projects at Ruzic's gallery opening...pictures are somewhere...

I LOVE my picture, Joce...it's fabulous. Working on getting it framed and will post a pic when it's done.

Thank you, so much! It's beautiful!

Melakilikimaka

[ This Message was edited by: Melekalikimaka 2010-11-09 04:12 ]

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 12:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I received the "Tikiwi" ceramic mug from Bai of Paris yesterday and I must say its really spectacular! Thanks Bai for everything: I must hook up with the Tiki Tribe someday - I must fly to Europe to meet you.

Please allow me to say once more to Bai - Thanks!

The pic I just took: Tikiwi with TikiG

Until the next swap - Happy Holidays to all you art swappers! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 07:25 am   Permalink

I received the Blue Footed Booby Hatch last week. Unfortunately when I unpacked it, it looked like a bunch on drunken sailors had gotten into a heated debate about what was "tiki and not". After a little cleaning up The Booby is now set up. I did notice a distinct lack of tikis!! That was quickly resolved with some home grown carves that were the perfect scale. Pics soon.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-12 08:37 am   Permalink

AlohaStation I really want to see those photos, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 2:06 pm   Permalink

I'm not surprised that AlohaStation had some tikis that would fit in the Blue Footed Booby Hatch bar. When I received his lovely Art Swap piece, a wonderful carved wooden bird mounted in a beautiful carved frame...

hidden in with some other goodies that he sent along...

I found this lovely little additional treasure...

The squirrels thought it was for them & held it for a ransom of nuts.

It's about 1 1/2" wide x 2 1/4" tall & really fabulous!
Thanks again, Tom!
So Wendy, I am also anxious to see the tikified & improved Blue Footed Booby Hatch!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-17 10:04 pm   Permalink

No word regarding a new swap yet - just wondering what's up cause its been a few months.

I'm in on the next one if a next one exists! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-18 1:55 pm   Permalink

I'd like to try for the next one....altho' I never received my swap piece for this one!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-18 2:52 pm   Permalink

steve@tikiracer.com

zerostreet you should contact him again to see what's up. We sold a car to Neil Young and part of the deal was an autographed photograph. He didn't follow through and I hounded him for two years until he sent it. That car was in his huge warehouse that caught fire this year. I just hope the car survived. I'm not going to ask. It was bought new by my uncle in 1958, a Lincoln Premier and had 22,000 original miles. It was always kept as a show car.

Anyway, I would love to participate in another swap. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-18 5:06 pm   Permalink

Another swap would be great! I only hope that my previous swap partners feel the same about this as I do.
~kele

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation