FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:18 pm   Permalink

Everyone's pieces/teases look wonderful! It would be great to swap for any of them!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:23 pm   Permalink

not ANOTHER MDM Christmas card!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:37 pm   Permalink

Oh yes, bigger, badder, and bolder than before!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 12:58 pm   Permalink

oh dear....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 5:56 pm   Permalink

Well, here's a possible idea for my swap item - it would be a beaded necklace centerpiece. The white background would not be there. Lots of cleaning up to do with color and edges. DON'T HOLD ME TO IT THOUGH! It's been a long time since I did a beaded piece that wasn't a straight-edged tapestry!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-07 6:23 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike, I like that necklace it sure look real, love it being the whole head, cool.

BeadTiki, I really like that bird too with great shading. I hope you do it.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilusako
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-09 12:31 am   Permalink

Seeing everyones art on here has really inspired me to do something. I decided to take some bristol paper out, a pencil and start doodling things that were coming out of my head inspired by all of you. here's the beginning a piece of art, most likely going to be some sort of pen and ink drawing.

So I guess people can count me in on this swap!

View Profile of lilusako Send a personal message to lilusako      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-09 08:47 am   Permalink

Great start lilusako, welcome aboard

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:59 am   Permalink

Well, we made it through the first firing...its all down hill from here

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-09 12:02 pm   Permalink

Bravo, Babalu!

I've done nothing, aside from choosing my birds. Waiting for inspiration to strike...and some free time

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 1:35 pm   Permalink

- there is plenty of time yet...

I'm finding it very interesting that everyone that has jumped in so far seems to be approaching the bird topic with a more realist approach...what I mean is, no one seems to be really referencing any pacific island people's bird imagery yet? I thought I was going to be the only one to color outside of the TC lines a little bit

weirdly enough, I'm a little ahead of the game on this project...if I have enough time, I'll try to work on something a little more thematic to bird artworks from South Pacific, and let whomever pulls my name choose between the two thingys.

examples - there is tons of stuff to work with out there...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 1:42 pm   Permalink

I hear you loud and clear brother Babs...I'm gonna color outside the TC lines as well...its just I haven't figured out what lines and what colors - yet!

Thanks for the little inspiration in your last post. Hmmm. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-09 3:55 pm   Permalink

As we speak, I am working on a little more symbolic representation in a Solomon Islands Hornbill Feast Bowl. Gonna see how many Hornbill-themed pieces I can make in 2 months

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 4:01 pm   Permalink

MDM - Okay, that's wicked!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-10 9:26 pm   Permalink

Hornbill #2 in progress

Plan to add a pedestal/legs, we'll see how that goes

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation