FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 01:09 am   Permalink

Wow! I wish I could paint (other than Paint by Number, which I'm REALLY good at!). Looks great Zerostreet!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 04:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-13 21:48, MadDogMike wrote:
Is that the one that started out all orange? Painting just makes no sense to me! Cool looking Honeycreeper Zerostreet!

Thanks MDM and BeadTiki!

Yes MDM it was all orange at one point. I started painting and wasn't happy. So I researched other colors of creepers and saw the olive green one. Liked that better so I changed my palette and restared.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 7:41 pm   Permalink

got some work done tonite....quite a bit to go!

Tiki Tower

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 9:59 pm   Permalink

Looking great. I'd feel honored to win this!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 07:57 am   Permalink

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that male and female hornbills of the same species often have different colored faces and eyes?

Looks great ZeroStreet. No more orange!

Well, I looked Stupidity in the eye and I made him blink! In spite of my size oversight, I was able to bisque fire Hornbill #2 in my kiln by sitting him inside all catywhampus and touching the sides of the kiln. That won't work for the glaze firing so I'll still have to take him up to Babalu. I put on some black underglaze in the traditional Solomon Island geometric patterns, now to do some glaze testing and see if I can duplicate the look of inlayed shell. I have some clear iridescent mother-of-pearl that looks really good on pink but has been thus far unimpressive on white. The pencil marks will burn off in the kiln. Coincidentally, the bowl is about the same size as a football It would be good for holding lemons and limes on your tiki bar.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 09:42 am   Permalink

That's so terrific MadDogMike. I'm still thinking, clay or a painting? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 12:07 pm   Permalink

It'a AWESOME! I'm still trying to figure out if I can get the pattern to work right so I've started looking at a different subject. The problem is I can't make the bird small enough without losing detail. I'll keep slogging along though. Maybe you could incorporate that resin - there are some great pearly colors you can add to make it look like MOP - you may be able to paint it on without it "dripping" off.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-17 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-14 21:59, amybean wrote:
Looking great. I'd feel honored to win this!

Thanks! Very kind of you! Hope you feel the same way after you see the changes....still a bit to go on it though!

Tiki Tower

Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 9:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, everything looks so great so far! I hope I can actually get something made in time to participate in this trade since I missed the last one. It's just kinda hard with all the preparations for our first baby that's due the week of August 20th. But, I've got a great idea for a Witco-style PNG bird...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-17 21:30, Tiki Lee's wrote:

preparations for our first baby

Well that's some wonderful news!! Congratulations Lee!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 11:51 pm   Permalink

Another Tikiphile in training! Congratulations! You'll find you have a little less time for your arts but you gain a new perspective that contributes to your creativity! I became far more sarcastic and snarky after having a child which eventually led me to Tiki Central! Looking forward to a picture in the near future

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 4:36 pm   Permalink

SWEET! ZeroStreet

CONGRATS! Tiki Lee

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that the hornbill is mostly closely related to the kingfisher?
Started work on Hornbill #3. Made a egg shaped plaster form out of a Nerf football and I'm goin' to town,

Hopefully my sculpting skills are better than my sketching skills, this looks like the missing evolutionary link between the Hornbill and the Dodo!

Also working up an idea for Hornbill #4 as long as I have this egg shaped form. Hint: he will be much younger

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 6:52 pm   Permalink

Zerostreet...
The changes are nice....lookin' good!!

Mike....
You are definately mad!
Diggin' the hornbills!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-18 8:01 pm   Permalink

Wow Mike! How many are you gonna make? Enough to share with the entire class?! Hmmm?! LOL

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 9:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-18 18:52, Meheadhunter wrote:
Mike....
You are definately mad!

Thank you

Quote:

On 2010-07-18 20:01, beadtiki wrote:
Wow Mike! How many are you gonna make? Enough to share with the entire class?! Hmmm?! LOL

I just might!

HORNBILL FACTS - Did you know that the hump on the hornbill's beak, called a casque, acts as a resonating chamber to make the hornbill's call louder?

A little progress tonight. Next to make a big hollow pinch pot head and some wings. I'm shooting for a whimsical look on this one.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation