FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 9:56 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Hope it's going well for you! I'm still working on my seminar for the Hukilau. It's shaping up great!

This outtake from Waikiki Tiki is a Marcus Thorn Maori carving outside of one of the Hawaii collector shows a few years back.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-02 7:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

This is one of those things where two people stick their heads in, and the third person takes a photo at the Waikiki Shopping Plaza

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 2:57 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Have you gotten your copy of Waikiki Tiki yet? Feel free to review it on Amazon! I appreciate you considering buying my book!

Located at the Waikiki Shopping Plaza, foam tiki fronting the 3rd floor arcade.

Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-05 3:08 pm   Permalink

Love all of these outtake photos, Philip. Keep 'em comin'!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-05 15:08, Tobor64 wrote:
Love all of these outtake photos, Philip. Keep 'em comin'!

Mahalo Nui Loa Tobor! I am enjoying going through my archives. There was just so much I could fit into 263 pages...

I've saved a bunch of really swell things for my seminar "A celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii" at The Hukilau, too. Plus I just picked up some swell slides that I'm busy digitizing for that event. I really wish I'd had some of these to use in Waikiki Tiki. Some really quite amazing amateur slides... more details soon...

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 7:14 pm   Permalink

SO wish that I could attend the Hukilau & hear all you have to tell... But I REALLY appreciate what you are offering in Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs.
Maybe someday I can take those that I love back (for me) to Waikiki. Until then, your book helps us fill the void.

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 6:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-04-06 19:14, WaikikianMoeKele wrote:
SO wish that I could attend the Hukilau & hear all you have to tell... But I REALLY appreciate what you are offering in Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs.
Maybe someday I can take those that I love back (for me) to Waikiki. Until then, your book helps us fill the void.

Thank You so very much!!! Quite inspiring!

Mauka (Toward Mountain) features Taro and Poi Pounder cast bronze by John Tanji Koga at Bishop Square

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

Phil... excellent book! Congrats!

It has been inspirational to me as well as enjoyable!

I will not be able to attend your seminar as I will be vending, but could I get my book signed at another time during Hukilau?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-08 12:46 am   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-04-07 21:54, Lake Surfer wrote:
Phil... excellent book! Congrats!

It has been inspirational to me as well as enjoyable!

I will not be able to attend your seminar as I will be vending, but could I get my book signed at another time during Hukilau?

Mahalo Nui Loa! Kind words! Of course Lake Surfer, I'd be happy to sign your book (or anyone else's book) anytime during the weekend!

Too bad you'll miss "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii." It's gonna be swell with loads of previously unseen eye-candy and a super HUGE finale.

I will have my fountain pen, plenty of ink, and loads of time to enjoy the experience of the Hukilau. I want to meet people! It's planned that I will arrive from Hawaii sometime on Thursday and leave for Honolulu sometime on Sunday. (I'm still waiting for the details of my flights.)

I do suggest that people attending get a copy of Waikiki Tiki: Art, History and Photographs in advance (if they haven't already.) I will have a limited supply with me.

I'm hoping that the gift shop at the Mai Kai will order some from Bess Press so I can do a signing there. I'm probably hang out with my pals from The Waitiki 7 at their vending booth for a while too. I won't be hard to find. I also think Christie has suggested to the museum that they get some copies for sale.

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 10:15 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Phil!

I look forward to meeting you in person in June and maybe talk story a little!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 8:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-04-10 22:15, Lake Surfer wrote:
Mahalo Phil!

I look forward to meeting you in person in June and maybe talk story a little!

Totally!

Hey, the fine folks at Bess Press want everyone attending Hukilau to have a copy of the book, and are offering the following discount for a limited time only... 25% off PLUS FREE shipping... Go to the Besspress website and order today!!

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-12 11:13 pm   Permalink

We got ours at Kmart in Kailua-Kona last year. It is a great book. Note-the cover size is smaller than I imagined. For some reason I figured it was going to be about 8 by 11 inches. I was looking for that size book, and my wife found it in the small books! ZAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-13 8:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-28 21:56, Phillip Roberts wrote:
I'm still working on my seminar for the Hukilau. It's shaping up great!...

I just signed up for your presentation on Fri, Phillip.

I'm looking forward to it and hoisting a few with you at the Mai Kai !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 3:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Thanks John-o !! I am so looking forward to the event... Glad you are coming and I'd be happy to do some drinking at the Mai-Kai...
I've only been there once before and it was a blast! Kern gave my party a behind the scenes tour that was wicked cool.

Hukilau is gonna be neat!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 01:56 am   Permalink

Aloha,

1/ Thanks to Tiki Magazine for reviewing Waikiki Tiki: Art, History and Photographs in their latest issue...

2/ I am proud that Waikiki Tiki has been nominated for a 2011 Ka Palapala Po'okela Book Award... May 6th is the award ceremony, but it's an honor simply to be nominated...

3/ Many Mahalos to Bess Press for stepping up with a big discount on Waikiki Tiki (For a limited time) so Hukilau atendees can get a copy in advance! 25% OFF Plus Free Shipping...

4/ Speaking about the Hukilau, my talk "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii" is full of unpublished photos from around the islands and will be fun!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation