FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 3:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Here's that Tiki Magazine review... It's a good issue. I enjoyed reading it.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-23 3:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I still run into new thing to photograph... We went to play pool one night last week and behold...

Hawaiian Brian's Billards

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-24 3:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

And Happy Easter!!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:46 am   Permalink

Aloha,

Just a reminder, Bess Press has got a deal going on pre-Hukilau... I'm only going to carry a limited amount of books to Fort Lauderdale. My Hukilau talk, "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii" is going to be swell. I've been collecting old tourist slides for many years now, but never got around to digitalizing them. I have now and honestly should have made more of a priority to get them done. There is some quite amazing stuff there that I could have and should have used in Waikiki Tiki. I'll post a few examples in the next few days. The slides range from the 50's to the early 70's and range the entire island chain. Anyhow, the seminar ought to be fun and I encourage you to consider spending an hour talking Waikiki Tiki at the Hukilau..

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-04-26 16:20 ]

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-27 2:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Here's another slide that I digitized for my Hukilau presentation... These are going to look great on the big screen.

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-27 6:59 pm   Permalink

The slides are a great idea, Phillip! Wish that I could be there for your Hukilau presentation, I'm sure that it will be great!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 2:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-04-27 18:59, WaikikianMoeKele wrote:
The slides are a great idea, Phillip! Wish that I could be there for your Hukilau presentation, I'm sure that it will be great!
~kele

Thanks! Loads of vintage eyecandy will be seen as well as my shots from the neighbor islands that I have been saving in case of book II...

like...

This Moai from Kauai.

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 4:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

City of Refuge National Park, Main enclosure

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 4:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Could this be the interior HULA HUT in Waikiki on Beachwalk next to the Hawaiiana Hotel? I am working my usual sources to confirm this idea. Until I find some one that can confirm or deny, I am going to say an unconfirmed YES. This is quite exciting since I have been looking for an interior shot of this palace for a long time. I also have a shot of the bar that I will post if I get a confirmation.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, My multi-media presentation and talk, "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii," set for this year's Hukilau, is CANCELLED.

After a slide show of 1950's through the 1970's tourist slides from across the island chain and some current video of the islands, the big finale I was planning is AN actual 1956 audio recording of Donn "The Beachcomber" Beach introducing his "Feast of the Islands Luau" at Don the Beachcombers restaurant in Waikiki.

This rare audio was obtained (at great expense and trouble) from the archives of a defunct local radio station and is so clean you would swear you were there in person...

I am currently looking to move this seminar to another venue and time. Mahalo for your kokua, and thank you for your interest.

In the meantime, don't forget that my publisher, Bess Press had made a very nice limited time offer to you -- 25% off the book's price and FREE shipping. I urge you to pick up a copy of my well reviewed book, "Waikiki Tiki: Art, History and Photographs." I'm sure you will enjoy it.

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-05-17 14:43 ]

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 11:40 pm   Permalink

sniff...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-02 07:13 am   Permalink

. Sorry to hear this Phillip, best of luck with everything.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 2:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Thanks Hiltiki...

Sorry John-O...

I was really looking forward to meeting the East Coast Ohana.

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-05 10:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

and after all that, back to the outtakes... Please stay tuned for an announcement on the seminar.

1956 Slide scan of Kamehameha Day

By the way, if you are in the Islands, please support
The Waitiki 7 Hawaiian tour. I will be at Hawaiian Brian's...

Waikiki Tiki is nominated for a 2010 Ka Palapapa Pookela (Presented By
The Hawaii Book Publishers Association) award in 2 catagories. The awards ceremony takes place tomorrow night at the Mission Houses Museum and is open to the public.

It's an honor simply to be nominated, but please cross your fingers for me...

Mahalo...

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-06 07:16 am   Permalink

Fingers are crossed, best of luck Phil.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-06 07:30 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-04-28 14:53, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,
Quote:

Loads of vintage eyecandy will be seen as well as my shots from the neighbor islands that I have been saving in case of book II...

like...

This Moai from Kauai.

Nice. I can't wait to see this in person! Who knew?
http://www.hektor8.de/rockhouse/english.html

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation