FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 8:04 pm   Permalink

SO wish that I could be there to watch your fantastic show, Phillip!!!!
~wmkele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 10:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2011-08-30 20:04, WaikikianMoeKele wrote:
SO wish that I could be there to watch your fantastic show, Phillip!!!!
~wmkele

Mahalo Kele. You will be missed. Your love of all things Waikikian is well known.

I don't really think this A-frame ever existed. Just a figment of a tiki-infused art director caught up in the Tiki Age of Hawaii?

Amazon has my book for sale, here

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-08-30 22:48 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 5:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Hula Cafe on Kapahulu.

Counting down! 4 Days until I present my show at Don the Beachcomber. It is going to be a doozy! Don't miss it!

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 12:02 am   Permalink

Aloha,

It's going to be an EVENT LOS ANGELES Tiki people. I hope to see you there!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 11:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Great times with the LA Ohana continue tomorrow night as I present "A Celebration of the Tiki Age In Hawaii"

info Here... [\url]Some seating is still available.

This might be your only chance to hear the BEACHCOMBER speak. EVER. If you like Tiki, History, and
Photographs, you must be there!

Great stuff. Interesting conversation. Dinner and the Smokin' Menehunes! All inclusive. Get a book,
Or get one signed! I'd love to meet you.

Best,

Phillip

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-09-04 09:17 ]

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-04 6:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Smokin' Menehunes are playing, folks are drink in', ready to put on a swell show! Tickets are available at the door! Come on Down to Don the Beachcomber in Huntington Beach!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-05 5:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

The show was wonderful! Good Times and great friends, old and new. If you were not able to attend last night, I will be at Don's tonight with some books for sale. If you have one you'd like to get signed, please come by. I will play the voice of Donn Beach for your ears only!

Best,

Phillip

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-10 10:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha

This was an awesome event. I delivered EVERYTING I promised and no one lost any money. Plus raised $200 plus for the charity. Mahalo NUI LOA!

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-11 05:48 am   Permalink

Congratulations, Phillip! I'm sure it was awesome!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-12 2:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Yup was a swell event! Thanks Kele...

This outtake is the Treetop restaurant overlooking Paradise Park and some Boy and Girls day presents near a nicely carved small tiki. See Waikiki Tiki for the BIG guy in the back room and more of Paradise Park.

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 12:31 am   Permalink

Aloha,

Do you own the book yet? You should! All the A+ vintage and contemporary images are there. Please review it if you own a copy! I enjoy feedback.

This image was not able to be cleaned up to my standards, yet the historical importance is important enough to share. From about 1968.

best,

Phillip

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-21 8:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm doing a tour for one of our California ohana on Friday. That makes me happy.

Yet, sometimes in these stressful days, I enjoy going to the Bishop Museum, contemplating about life and things. Today was one of those, where I sat quietly looking upon this idol for about an hour.

best,

Phillip

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-09-21 20:56 ]

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-09-22 5:00 pm   Permalink

They're going to have a great time I'm sure!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 6:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha
Quote:

On 2011-09-22 17:00, SoccerTiki wrote:
They're going to have a great time I'm sure!

Actually we saw SOMETHING truly AMAZING.

As we passed the Hawaiiana Hotel, workmen were re-installing a Tiki into it's original hole. They had found it in a back storage room. It is now proudly again standing at the entrance of the hotel (Now being used for student housing, btw).

They also gave us some wood bits shaved from the base to make it fit. I'm not home, but when I get back I will post a picture.

Also btw, Tiki's Grill and Bar where I am right now, has TWO new SWEET MUGS.

Best,

Phillip

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-09-23 18:43 ]

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 7:52 pm   Permalink

Phil, I got the purple color large new mug from Tiki's Grill and Bar, quiet nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation