FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Waikiki Tiki; Art, History and Photographs OFFICIAL THREAD
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-25 10:28 am   Permalink

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-16 12:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Yes, It's still there, by the International Food Court. But, who knows how much longer it will stay or what will happen to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2013-01-16 12:10 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-18 5:36 pm   Permalink

aloha,

Hope it's all well. Bess Press has informed me that fresh copies of Waikiki Tiki: Art, History and Photographs are arriving next week. There are some corrections and a few replacement photographs (that happily include those Tiki at the International Market Place) that are somewhere on this thread...

Hope all is well.

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 3:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Taken with a cellphone. I didn't have my camera...

msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-26 1:23 pm   Permalink

No tiki should be without a home...

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 5:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Happy Lei day!!

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 10:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Phillip, thought you would like to see this...

Waikiki Tiki on the back bar of the Tacoma Cabana, it's been up there for the 6 months they have been open. That's Jason owner/bartender in front of his 82 different bottles of rum! If your back in this area, Jason, a Golden Shellback, would love to have you sign his book. I'll buy the drinks.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 08:55 am   Permalink

Aloha,

Thanks for sharing that. I always like seeing where the book pops up... I should be back for a visit in August. let's do it then!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 9:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Once again, I'd like to Thank You all of you for your support of "Waikiki Tiki: Art, History, and Photographs." The book is now in it's second printing and available. Bess Press has printed ample copies. (The e&i-book version is still being worked on, btw. It's a small local company and things do move slow.) There are a few changes in this printing and a few new photos. If you do not have a copy yet, I encourage you to get one.

Mad props to my friend Rex who was in Lanakai over the weekend and alerted me to this...

How did I miss it? Oh, there is so much more out there...

creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-21 03:04 am   Permalink

Look bottom right.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 01:21 am   Permalink

Aloha Creative Native,

NICE! That looks like an Adele Davis decanter to the left of the book on your shelf... If so, SUPER RARE... Honored to be on your shelf. If you wanna meet up when you come town side next, please let me know... Play you the voice of Don the Beachcomber, sign your copy and do a tour.

Thanks again to Koop for having me on the show.. Hear Mynah birds speak. Download the episode now!

Phillip

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

Tours will not be available after August 15, 2013....

Best,

Phillip

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-10 7:11 pm   Permalink

1411 have signed to raise awareness about the marketplace...

Have you?

creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 02:39 am   Permalink

Had a wonderful time on your Tiki Tour Phillip. I thought I knew where are all the tikis are in Waikiki. I wasn't even close. Just a fascinating time. We will miss you when you leave Hawaii. Here are a couple of picts:

Tikispeer and his lovely wife was with us but for some reason I did take any pics of them. They were great to be with also. Proof there are good tiki folks everywhere since they are from down under.

P.S. Learned that there are tons of tiki and tiki history in International Market Place in Waikiki another reason it or part of it must be saved.

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2013-07-17 02:43 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 10:41 pm   Permalink

Mahalo NUI LOA Matt.

That TOUR was one of the best ever. TikiSpeer and you were great plus all involved asked great questions.

Today's tour was an extended one for some great TC members. Started before noon and ended around 6P... The August 16 tour will prolly be one of those since it will be the last...

Best,

Phillip

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation