FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » The Beachcomber Trio Live at the Kahiki
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Beachcomber Trio Live at the Kahiki
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 06:58 am   Permalink

Well, I have "officially" produced my first vinyl LP; The Beachcomber Trio "live" at the Kahiki.

It is a vintage recording recorded in 1965 at the Kahiki Supper Club.

It was released by my friends at Dionysus Records in a strict Limited Edition of 500 copies. Inside is a download coupon so you can download the album as well.

Here is the link with more info..............

http://www.dionysusrecords.com/home/?p=1136

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Central 2010-07-12 11:55 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 08:04 am   Permalink

Looks great, Jeff!
Quite the jewel from the Kahiki to share.
Looking forward to hearing it. Congrats on the production, too!
Cheers~
Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 3:41 pm   Permalink

Must Get,
will spin at Tiki Oasis.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 4:12 pm   Permalink

Just ordered mine, can't wait to hear it!
Thanks for producing this Jeff!
Cheers~

Andy

"Exotica Album of the Year"
2011 Hawaii Music Awards~!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
avril64

Posted: 2010-08-11 6:44 pm   Permalink

Enjoyed the tracks that Mark played on the most recent Quiet Village. Promptly ordered mine after hearing the podcast. You made a new Dionysus customer out of me, Jeff!

View Profile of avril64 Send a personal message to avril64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-11 18:44, avril64 wrote:
Enjoyed the tracks that Mark played on the most recent Quiet Village. Promptly ordered mine after hearing the podcast. You made a new Dionysus customer out of me, Jeff!

Cool, thanks avril64!

Mark and I are talking about doing another "rare" Exotica episode for the Quiet Village podcast. This time with unreleased tracks that didn't make it on the Beachcomber Trio album!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-13 07:31 am   Permalink

"Unreleased tracks"...ooooooooooooooh!!!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 7:06 pm   Permalink

Just heard this on the quiet village podcast (excellent show) and the music is super hip! love the live sound. i also had no idea that there was a digital download included with the vinyl - so it's officially gone onto the shopping list. Jeff, nice job with the recording it seems and Digitiki - thanks for the introduction as well on your show. I am enjoying it inb etween jetset planets and java bachelor pads and cocktail nations and....can't keep up!

saludos!
Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 3:42 pm   Permalink

I have to admit, when I first saw Jeff's posting about this album, I thought it might be some disappointing, cheesy restaurant album, despite the location. But after hearing DigiTiki's podcast, I am completely sold. What a terrific exotica recording this is! With headphones on, I love hearing the waterfall and lounge chatter in the background. But the music is the main attraction and it's terrific. Just ordered my copy. Mahalo Jeff and Mark!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-14 9:37 pm   Permalink

I just placed my order, even before hearing the latest Quiet Village podcast. An endorsement from DigiTiki and Jeff is enough for me.

I can't wait...hopefuly it's waiting for me when I return from Tiki Oasis.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 9:04 pm   Permalink

Received my LP today. But contrary to what was advertised, it did not include a download coupon. For someone who doesn't own a turntable (or as Travis Bickle would say "record player"), I'm SOL.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 9:17 pm   Permalink

Instead of complaining on TC, I would very much suggest that you contact the seller.

My copy did, indeed, contain a download coupon. If for some reason yours did not, it was simply an error.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-21 21:04, JOHN-O wrote:
Received my LP today. But contrary to what was advertised, it did not include a download coupon. For someone who doesn't own a turntable (or as Travis Bickle would say "record player"), I'm SOL.

Yes, please contact Dionysus Records directly. I know they will hook you up!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:24 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, picked me up a copy at Festiki. Can't stop listening to it now. Well, unless you count when I pause to listen to Jeff's DJ set from the Bon Voyage Kahiki party that I also picked up there. Awesome job!!! (and yeah, I'm listenig via the digital download - I don't have a vintage player yet)

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:45 am   Permalink

Yes, Dionysus Records responded to my email within 24 hours.

But guess what I found sitting on my kitchen floor ??

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-08-24 08:52 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation