FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums サ サ Tiki Music サ サ The Beachcomber Trio Live at the Kahiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
The Beachcomber Trio Live at the Kahiki
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-18 08:48 am   Permalink

See? That's how you handle things in a professional way! Bravo to jeff!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-23 10:40 pm   Permalink

I recently received this album and wow is it great!

This is actually the same one at the center of the drama earlier on this thread. I知 not trying to stir the poop but felt I should post my experience with this particular item.

First off I do not know Lee or Boscorooty. I知 not a vinyl expert. My intent is not to take sides, support or criticize anyone.

I知 just a casual record collector that when given the option will purchase records over CDs. I知 not a vinyl pro by any means.

The record sleeve was in OK condition with the corners being more worn than I壇 expect for a record only being handled by experienced record folks. The inner paper sleeve was split on one end which was surprising. The actual record itself did not have any visible damages like scratches or scuffs. However, it had a ton of finger prints all over it. It was obvious the record at some point in time was not handled with the care a record collector would employ unless they were scratching with it hip hop style. There were a lot of finger prints on it. I致e listened to it twice so far and it played fine. No issues.

Again, my intent here is not to stoke any arguing or negativity but simply state my experience. Boscorooty, I知 glad you got a copy you can play and enjoy this great recording.

Thanks again Lee for the record and making great music like this and all of the other exotica, garage and surf on Dionysus available to us.

I do have one comment regarding the record. Colored vinyl would have been a nice touch. Just saying.

Scavenger King

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boscorooty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-29 5:42 pm   Permalink

The paper sleeve was slit when I received it as well.

The fingerprints and corners? All I can say is that my copy left me in exactly the shape I received it. Clean and corners intact.
Whether it was shipped to you in the same condition? I don't know, and I'm not going to speculate.

Glad it plays for you, though. Having listened to the copy Jeff sent me several times on both vinyl and ipod, all I can say is that it's an amazing recording.

I hope he finds a way to release the rest of the tapes.

View Profile of Boscorooty Send a personal message to Boscorooty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RyanTheTerrible
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-24 09:34 am   Permalink

Green Noise Records must have found a few in their inventory when they updated their store or something as they have them for $16! Just ordered mine today!
http://green-noise-records.myshopify.com/products/beachcomber-trio-live-at-kahiki-1965-lp

View Profile of RyanTheTerrible Send a personal message to RyanTheTerrible      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-24 09:49 am   Permalink

The Beachcomber Trio "Live" at the Kahiki album was recently repressed in a limited edition of 500 on BLUE vinyl!!

They are available in my eBay store or at Dionysus Records!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RyanTheTerrible
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-24 10:21 am   Permalink

There you go! Super excited to get one!

View Profile of RyanTheTerrible Send a personal message to RyanTheTerrible      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-24 11:11 am   Permalink

Thanks for the posting. I've been wanting one of these Lps. Do you get the download from the Ebay purchase?

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-24 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-24 11:11, MaukaHale wrote:
Thanks for the posting. I've been wanting one of these Lps. Do you get the download from the Ebay purchase?

Yes!!! There will be a download code inside the album. Use Firefox though when downloading. The website does not like Internet Explorer.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-29 8:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeff,

I found the coupon inside.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 2:49 pm   Permalink

Thank YOU!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation