FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 1:06 pm   Permalink

I had the best time. Al and Shelley, you guys ruined me Friday night. By the end of the night I was no good to no one for nuthin'. The Oasis was everything promised and much much more.

Got to see all the favorites like APE, and The Mai Kai Gents, but was also intorduced to the likes of Closieux (hope I'm spelling that right)

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 1:59 pm   Permalink

Wow, the Tiki Oasis photo album has already been viewed 52 times and there's not even anything in there yet. Must be some pretty eager people awaiting those pics.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 2:30 pm   Permalink

Wow. Never before have I felt so comfortable with such a large group of people. Everyone was so easy to approach and talk to.

The bands made for a great party atmosphere and the merchants made it extremely easy to get some high quality stuff without shipping costs. I think I droppped $300 collectively on those merchants. My advice, MORE vendors next year. Some of this stuff can be hard to find depending on where you live.

Get the Tropics bartending staff up to snuff or seek another alternative

Just the right number of people. Not too many, not too few.

I look forward to my next TC event with anticipation.

Monkeyman

PS- When my house is done getting tikified this summer I will invite some of you over for a gathering in good old "Vista, CA"

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 3:07 pm   Permalink

How fun was it to see face to face some of the folks whose names only I had known before! Funniest about that was hearing how wrong we'd been in some cases. E.g., I'd thought Sugarcaddydaddy was a big blonde white guy - big surprise to learn he's actually a tall skinny Jamaican guy with dreads (not!). Ok, a dark latino hottie with a cool pompadour. And Doctor Z had me pegged as a "short with long brown hair" - HA! What, like a Marian the Librarian type? I never asked you about that one, Doctor Z!! Needless to say, I don't think I've ever been described as the mousy type EVER.

Favorite moments - well, discression forbids me from telling some of the goings-on, but let's just say I'm crossing my fingers that some folks got a good photo of a brief Humuhumu sandwich (ok, fully clothed) involving a certain Celebrity Simian and a Famous Farmer. I want that as my screensaver!

I may have had my most dancing fun in The Millionaire's Dance Fever Party. GREAT tunes and purely wacky dancing from everyone!

Huge thanks first and foremost to Otto for getting my band on the bill, for finding another slot for us on Saturday afernoon when noise ordinances required us to cut our Friday night set short, and for getting a mixing board big enough for our ridiculously huge group!! All of my Clouseaux bandmates are now fully comprehending just what this "tiki thing" is that the rest of us have been pushing! What better baptism by fire is there than a full-on event like Oasis!

(The drunk, obnoxious chick who was heckling King Kukulele almost got a REAL fire baptism when she wouldn't get out of the f***ing way when John our firebreather was working!!)

And all the wonderful darlings who worked so hard, I thank all of you:

-the tireless Mateo Brown, who NEVER stopped working it seemed, except to say something sweet
-Casey, Richard and John at the front desk, who made my stay such a pleasure at the Tropics (again)
-Bax Dog (and Crazy Al?), who decorated the BEST looking stage on which I will probably ever perform
-the great gate volunteers, without whom it would get completely out of hand
-the always hospitible Al and Shelly
- the Mai Kai Gents, Cherry Capri and the Thurston Howlies, King Kukulele, the lovely Ginger and Frenchie (wow!), Project Pimento (LOVE the theremin!), Lushy, the amazing Ape, and all the people who bought the music by any/all of the bands!! We need your support, and we're all very grateful for it!
- all the great vendors (and whoever was in charge of them (Holden?)). I LOVED spending my money with you all! And every one of my beautiful new mugs made it home safely.

I'm sure I'll add to this list of thank you's!

[ This Message was edited by: formikahini on 2003-05-12 16:29 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-12 3:54 pm   Permalink

Poured myself in the car and pointed it towards OC. Will post my PICS later.
What a smashing good time!!

Can't wait until Tiki Oasis IV.....

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 6:25 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for making Tiki Oasis 3 possible! A Great time! Great People! Great Fun and Music!

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 6:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha! thanks to everyone for making my wedding to Mr. Pineapple (aka Tiki-Bot) so fabulous!
We had a great one and a half day honeymoon in fabulous Palm Springs and now we get on with our happily ever after! Tiki-Bot will be posting pictures sometime in the next 48 hours.
Aloha and Mahalo
Mrs. Pineapple (aka Mrs. Tiki-Bot)

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 6:51 pm   Permalink

Nothing in Tiki Events Tiki Oasis III 2003, nothing, nada, zip, come on get yer asses in gear.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-12 13:06, suicide_sam wrote:
. Al and Shelley, you guys ruined me Friday night. By the end of the night I was no good to no one for nuthin'.

Now, now Sam, no complaining. Remember, you were the designated drunk!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-05-12 19:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-05-12 22:46 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 7:54 pm   Permalink

TB is back in his hut on the East Coast.

Boy or boy! I had a blast! I will try to get some pics up soon.

Great to see everyone. Especially the volcanic virgins that made this their first "time."

Thanks to all involved. More later.

Tiki Bob

P.S. Did anyone get any pics of my lobster solo with APE?

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 8:50 pm   Permalink

ok here you eager beavers go, check it

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ed226653a&notag=1

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-12 11:16 pm   Permalink

Great pics, wish I could have made it...maybe next year.
I noticed the Coconut Joe's Island Taxi, it's from here in Bakersfield, usually parked in front of the Getaway Cafe. Is the owner a TC member?

[ This Message was edited by: biotron2000 on 2003-05-13 09:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Biotron2000 on 2003-05-13 09:18 ]

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 12:08 am   Permalink

Ok, here's my handful of pics. As usual, still torn between my digital and film cameras so I only got the 2nd half of the event on digital. Hopefully more to come later from the film camera.

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/archives/oasis2003?&page=1

All in all, I think this year was even better than last year. All the bands were fantastic. Loved seeing different musicians play with different bands. Feels like a big ol' family jam. Also loved seeing everyone out in their best tiki attire. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen and to all the old and new friends we met along the way.

Baxdog, thanks for taking care of those cigar smokers on Friday night. Glad to have finally met HumuHumu in Al & Shelly's room. Love those shoes, Humu! Thanks to Al & Shelly for their endless hospitality (i.e. booze). Al, you are the Master of Mixing. Gorilla X for chasing Miss Trixie around the stage. (So sorry to have missed the gorilla warfare.) Futura Girl and CB Howlie for the Chill-Out room, in which we had a great jam on Saturday night. Ginger Goldmine for her fabulous birdcage act. Hukilau Brown & CB Howlie for performing the Invokation of the Spirit of Sven. (Sometimes you just have to resort to drastic voodoo measures to get some people to the Tiki Oasis.) Our hosts Alex & Lauren at Terrazo for a splendid stay and fine cuisine. Atomic Cocktail for our new wardrobe selections and "much, much more". And of course, thanks to Otto for making the event happen in the first place.

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl on 2003-05-13 00:09 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 01:00 am   Permalink

I'm finially starting to feel good again after the debotchery of the Oasis. I like you people. You're pretty fun. Here are the pictures that I took.

go to the 'news' section
http://www.kikatiki.com

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 07:56 am   Permalink

These pics are great! Did anyone get a pic when the cops came to 135? I noticed some flash bulbs popping at about the time they were trying to get Bong in handcuffs...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation