FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-13 08:56 am   Permalink

Hey all! I have a slow computer, so if you just can't wait to see my CT pics, here they are!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ec67be45d

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-13 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-13 07:56, PolynesianPop wrote:
These pics are great! Did anyone get a pic when the cops came to 135? I noticed some flash bulbs popping at about the time they were trying to get Bong in handcuffs...

At around 2:30am (?), the cops come into room 135 and shout "who's room is this?", to which we all stare blankly like a bunch of high schooler's that just got caught smoking in the bathroom.

After no reply from the drunken crowd, the cop says "allright, then you all must be trespassing".

At that point I raised my hand, with Mai Tai attached, and said "it's my room". They hone in on me, the DARE program dropout, and one cop asks "what's your name?" as he is staring at my name badge with "Bong" on it.

They tell us to keep it down immediatly! So the group beating on the drums and ukulele stop; the cops walk out and the music immediatly starts again; they come back in the room looking a bit annoyed and scream "I said STOP THE NOISE"; the group beating on the drums and ukulele stop; the cops walk out and the music immediatly starts again; the cops charge back in as thought Osama Bin Laden is mixing Mai Tais and scream "turn it off or it's a $500 fine!".

FU Pigs!

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-05-13 09:40 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thecardcheat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-13 10:03 am   Permalink

I thought the C. Tropics was sold out to the Oasis group? Who was complaining? The bar closed early, and someone called the cops?????

View Profile of thecardcheat Send a personal message to thecardcheat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-13 10:09 am   Permalink

The wifey and I had a great time. The Caliente Tropics is groovy and eveybody was really nice, no bad vibes.
I was hoping that the turntables would be by the pool, but it was fun hobnobbing with all the bands by the stage (which were top notch by the way, really entertaining!).
I couldn't hear anything through the headphones so sorry if I had a couple of rough cue ups. I hope Mr. and Mrs. Pineapple liked thier "Fantastica" song.
We got some good drinks at the bar, although it was pure chaos. I got fairly sloshed quick and had fun lounging around the pool watching Crazy Al pummel people with beachballs.
I took about 150 photos and will get them posted later. Everyone was looking really authentic and perfect.
We never made it to the famous room 135, in fact we left before the Dive-In movie, we were pretty drunky and had a big Mother's Day Sunday planned with our mom's so we split.
Thanks again to Otto for inviting me to play my .25 records.

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 11:00 am   Permalink

Hey, I heard that when the cops busted in the room they told you guys to turn your shirts down!..... rimshot

Hellloooo is this thing on?

But seriously folks, I love all the photos and wished I could've been there. You guys sure know how to have a good time!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 2:45 pm   Permalink

A big giant MAHALO! to everyone that put on the Tiki Oasis and helped make the wedding of Mr & Mrs Pineapple a most memorable occasion. We had a great time all around and were thrilled with the friendliness and generosity of all the wonderful folks there. First & foremost I wanna thank the wonderful Mrs Pineapple herself for even agreeing to marry me, and then indulging my kooky idea to elope to the Oasis. Thanks to Otto for throwing the best tiki party this side of...anywhere! and for letting us get hitched there. Other people, more than I can list here, deserve big shout-outs for all their kind help, powerful drinks and good wishes. Some of those are The Reverend Miss Kitty Nitro & Jeff, The Mai Kai Gents & Crazy Al, Tiki Diablo, AlnShelly, Martiki & Rebecca, Baxdog & family, PolyPop, Mig, Bong, Captain Ambience, Baby Doe, Bamboo Ben, SugarCaddyDaddy and family, Trader Pup, Hula Hula, Hukilau Brown, the truly amazing folks from Munktiki, Holden from Tiki Farm, and if I'm forgetting anyone else I sincerely apologize. We absolutely loved the beach ball barrage, too. We had an amazing trip and don't remember the last time we aere so sad to leave a place. It was much too little time spent with so many great people.

We are planning an East Coast reception party in July for Gretchen's family and would like to put together a movie for them to watch. We have about 20 minutes of mostly ceremony footage, so if anyone has more footage of the ceremony or especially any of the other events, bands, gorilla brawls, room parties, etc, they can let me borrow, I'd really appreciate it.

I posted a few pics on the archive page and will post a full page of my own soon. I can't believe a gorilla ravaged my wife!

Again, thanks to everyone for such a great weekend and for so many wonderful wedding memories.

Richard
(Tiki-bot, aka Mr Pineapple)

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-05-13 14:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2003-05-13 14:49 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 6:34 pm   Permalink

Tiki III was awesome!! My wife and I had a great time and meet some new tiki geeks as we are new to the "scene". Who was that J.O. walking around the pool with his shorts pulled down?? Nice to meet Summer and Kip after they stole our table next to the pool, we found out we only live about 1 mile from each other-weird!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-13 6:49 pm   Permalink

Tiki III was awesome!! My wife and I had a great time and meet some
new tiki geeks as we are new to the "scene". Who was that J.O. walking
around the pool with his shorts pulled down?? ----
That J.O. was BONG, of course!!!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-05-13 8:22 pm   Permalink

Yes-- exactly who called the cops was quite a mystery. (I didn't witness it, I turned in just before the bust.) I don't think anybody really knows who called the cops-- unless they called themselves-- but there were murmured suspicions about management being involved in the call.

Our reservation got screwed up for the 2nd year in a row. They did quickly fix it; but putting all of this together with the atrocious bartending, there are still some kinks to work out!

-mig
(sheckyless... boohoo)

Quote:

On 2003-05-13 10:03, thecardcheat wrote:
I thought the C. Tropics was sold out to the Oasis group? Who was complaining? The bar closed early, and someone called the cops?????

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-05-13 8:28 pm   Permalink

Oh, and here are my pictures! Don't have time to add the good ones to the archive, so here's a link:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ead68a4e3&notag=1

That's not all of them... heh heh heh... I wonder how many mugs I can get in exchange for making sure certain pictures don't get shown!

And check out Reaper, Ozzy, and Big Boy partying at Cabazon.

-mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 8:45 pm   Permalink

Mig, those were freakin hilarious! I love the heads on the bar shot!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-13 8:47 pm   Permalink

I had an awesome weekend!

No need to be too repetitive, but thanks to all who made the Oasis what it is!

I did have a chat with the Tropics management, and they were very pleased with the event. And, they said they didn't call the cops; they do so only in extreme circumstances. They did say that the neighboring community is very bitchy about noise, and the police routinely patrol event sites anyway.

As for the bartending, there's no excuse for that!

The vendors were great, entertainment was top notch, and the gorilla fight was a highlight!

Congrats once again to Mr. and Mrs. Pineapple! Thanks for including us all in your nuptials.

Mig, your parents are so cool! I hope they can make it out next year too!

oh, and Bong, your wife and kids are wondering when you are coming home. Tiki Oasis is over! Go home already!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 06:52 am   Permalink

our album is here:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ea5d1256e
It includes a shot of the cop car driving away in the dark and the magical Sven

p.s. the fabby pic of Gorilla X getting the girl was by Tiki-bot, not Marsha.

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2003-05-14 17:41 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 07:31 am   Permalink

OK, here are my photos of the Oasis 3.

I am still swaying to the gentle breezes of the Palm Springs beautiful May weather.

Once again, thanks to all whom were part of this fabulous weekend.

Balmy regards,

TB

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33ea5f0a47f

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 07:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for the pics everyone, since I couldn't go, I feel much better now.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation