FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 2:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I don't think it's possible to embarrass oneself at Tiki Oasis

then obviously we've never met

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 3:18 pm   Permalink

Thanx for the great pix of me getting beat by an old lady. My mother would be so proud. I will cherish them for ever.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 3:25 pm   Permalink

Tikipug and others. I was by you during the ball "incident" and watched the spectacle from soup to nuts.

When the older couple started in on you I just had to get my camera going. I thought those pics were the best of all those I took the whole weekend.

The old dude was like a maniac on those balls. He was actually getting up to get balls that did NOT land near him.

Congrats to Pug because he got some good shots in with both un-deflated AND deflated balls too. So the old bag was not the only one getting in the licks.

Honestly, it was obvious that the couple was just sitting there in between the sets while the ball toss occured. I saw others who did not wish to participate just move to the side lines. The ball throwers were very good at stopping the melee when the bands started back up.

One fellow Centralite had a good way to describe the older couple. He said, "Where were obvioulsy out of their element." So profound!

I love Bong's comments that he made sure the big ball went back towards the old guy's head for "an encore."

Welcome to the group Tikipug. I have the original, non-shrunk epics if you want them. Email me at
Tikibob@CoastalEyes.com if you want them (and that goes for anybody who wants originals from my Tiki Oasis 3 album).

Part of me hates to see things like this when they happen, but in this instance, it was the most comical event of the weekend. I am proud to have chronicled it.

Tiki "Shutterbugged" Bob

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob on 2003-05-14 15:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob on 2003-05-14 15:38 ]

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 3:41 pm   Permalink

"1st student of Hukilau Brown's School of Big Pimp'n"

Tiki Bob was one of your classmates...?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-14 14:25, hula hula wrote:
Quote:
I don't think it's possible to embarrass oneself at Tiki Oasis

then obviously we've never met

See bottom of page:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=3658&forum=4&start=0

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 6:04 pm   Permalink

Tikibob is so the man, this guy did the best lobster solo ever, then joined the band whenever he felt like. so It'll be 2nd student of the royal order!

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 6:10 pm   Permalink

Yeah I saw that Lobster solo. Man was that cool or what. It was like watching a cartoon, the man was playing the lobsters for God's sake!!!

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

the man was playing the lobsters for God's sake!!!

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-05-14 18:31 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 7:16 pm   Permalink

HA! HA! The beach ball story is very funny. TikiPug, you will go down in TC history for this. What a great initiation. Great story.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 8:06 pm   Permalink

Those 'old' folks were staying at our hotel. Now according to them some "Six foot Five guy with a shaved head" repeatedly bashed the gal in the head with beach balls. They did admit that she tended to get cantankerous when tipsey (Might they mean, "Shit-faced"?).

Oh, Tikipug, you naughty, naughty boy!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Ambience
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-14 8:18 pm   Permalink

Lobster solo!!!

View Profile of Captain Ambience Send a personal message to Captain Ambience  Email Captain Ambience Goto the website of Captain Ambience     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 11:10 pm   Permalink

The CTR is our life, and tiki followers have become the purest part of our life blood. I sincerely apologize for the gross oversights relative to the REEF bar service. You all deserve an explanation, which is posted under the TIKI OASIS BARTENDING subject. We are inexperienced bar operators and I apologize for producing this black cloud during the event. Moving on, and just to clarify, we don't make a habit of engaging the police except in dire circumstances--you guys didn't even come close. It is a joy to have a whole resort full of like-minded people with a lot of positive energy. That said, please understand our permanent staff take great pride and ownership in this business and can get somewhat defensive if they feel we're not in control--it's their home and it supports their families. Quite frankly, there's not another group I'd rather have in the resort and it was an empty feeling come Monday evening. Thank you all for allowing us to participate in your passion! The Caliente tropics Resort, and especially this event, would have never happened if it weren't for Pete Moruzzi (PS Modern Committee), Sven and Otto. We are truly blessed!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 11:27 pm   Permalink

Wow, Casey, you are one class act! I have never been to CTR, but the impression I have gotten of your stewardship of the place (as well as your heartfelt desire to please us "like minded folk") strengthens my resolve to visit soon! Keep up the good work, and thank you for keeping the tiki torch lit for us!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2003-05-14 23:29 ]

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 11:32 pm   Permalink

I heard through the "Grape Vine" that it was "One of Your Own!" One of the "TC/Band Members!" Now, why does this person not come forward and spill their guts? Chicken Shit is my guess! I'm a "Real Person" as you all know, It was not me. But I wish it was!!! I wish I saw "Z" getting "War Painted" cause he would've woken up with no eyebrows! I wish I had heard you's all "Bagging" bout the drinks as you "Got Them" and not on TC! Wake up and smell the coffee! Bitch, Bitch, Bitch! Oasis was a blast! Stop your Bitching! Can't wait to see you's at Hukilau so we can feed you's to the sharks!! Argggh!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 11:46 pm   Permalink

Damn right, Ben!
I had a blast, too The music, venders, 135, TC and non-TC people, Hawaiian Eye, slide shows, and The Tropics! Good Times! I orderd a drink at the Reef and the bartender just poured in a bunch of booze and I drank it and got loaded!

See you next year!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation