FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 2:56 pm   Permalink

Chris: this is exceedingly well done. Your stuff keeps getting better & better.

Even having been at the "Tiki Highway" show, this latest episode of 'Lost in Paradise,' gives a better view of the goings-on at the show than most of us were able to experience that day. Cheers, mate.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 10:33 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz Guys! This last weekend was exactly the boost I needed to soldier on with the show.

Spike, you guys always put on a great show, and this one did not disapoint. Rock it out bro!

John-O, it wasn't me that cut your footage, it was my editor....wait...I'm the editor...drat. So sorry. I tend to overshoot at events, so a lot doesn't make it, but nevertheless, all still good stuff. In regards to something similar to "Forget the Ring, I Need A Mai Tai", I have a spark of an idea, but its a pretty big undertaking, it involves Sarahb, plus, I'm way out of shape (hint)

Captain R.H. Thank you for the compliment my friend, I keep hoping I'm learning from all of this and making a better show. Sometimes I look back on my older,poorly filmed,lower quality stuff and think, dang, thats not half bad and wonder if i'm getting worse. HA!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 10:42 pm   Permalink

P.S. Speaking of tiki community: one of my favorite "moments/memories" at Tiki Highway was when Pineapple Princess bought/brought me a beer because she somehow knew I couldn't wait in the LONG line at the bar in fear I would miss a filming opportunity. I was floored. Best tasting beer ever!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 5:14 pm   Permalink

Testing one of a couple new show concepts. Let me know what you think, yay or nay! Like or hate! lol

Lost In Paradise: The Honey Pig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnOnEMdV9PA

Mahaloz and Cheers!

Friend us on Facecrack at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lost-In-Paradise/190254427656607

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-07-28 17:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-07-28 17:16 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 5:53 pm   Permalink

"that was pretty cool....A BUS passed by!"

Classic!

I am a major fan or Korean Food, working and living real close to Garden Grove Korea-town...the food is ALWAYS kick-ass, and the service is NOTHING like the Vietnamese places at all! I think by this point I have sampled pretty much every Korean dish, even the crazier ones. They are all good. I admit, I started out wanting to hate Kimchi, for philosophical reasons....but it is SO good that I eat it all the time now!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

I'm just imagining sarab standing in the middle of 8th street, not trying to get hit by traffic while manning the camera.

And BTW... YAY !!, LIKE !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-07-28 18:55 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-04 11:28 pm   Permalink

Testing our new lapel mic tonight, here goes:

Lost In Paradise: Fear On Wall Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VdCD_lT2jE

Mahaloz and Cheers!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 6:19 pm   Permalink

"I got a thousand of these from making a pumpkin pie"

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 6:33 pm   Permalink

Chris,

Thanks for the video, the lapel mic seemed to work great. Just got my 401 K statement, think it might be a be a double Painkiller night!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 11:24 am   Permalink

Lol Lucas Vigor, I have now started a favorite Lost In Paradise ridiculous quote book on our Facebook page in the discussion section. Here's one of my faves from our Hukilau trip that didn't make the cut, but was hilarious nonetheless:

Host: "Whats in this punch?"

Kona Beer Girl: "Its got rum, longboard beer, and some kinda mix of a punch."

https://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=190254427656607&topic=440

DC, oh man, I hear ya, double painkiller indeed. Hopefully the market won't react to the S&P credit rating downgrade and we'll get some sort of good news on Monday. If not, I might have to shoot a video and do "Dark & Stormy's"

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-07 11:32 am   Permalink

Bringing a bar to Tiki Oasis? Have a special drink/cocktail/concoction that you have created for the event? Want to share your recipe on video? Lost In Paradise is seeking 3 bartenders/mixologists to feature in our upcoming Tiki Oasis episodes. Contact us if you're interested or leave a comment on our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lost-In-Paradise/190254427656607

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 6:00 pm   Permalink

This one might be stretchin' it a bit for the general tiki section. Probably more appropriate for the bilge. Thought I'd share my attempt at "Goin' Primitive"

Lost In Paradise: Bamboo Fire Saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwStdTMriOw

Mahaloz and Cheers

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-09 9:08 pm   Permalink

Funny Stuff Man !!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-09 9:15 pm   Permalink

Congrats Chris!!! It's not as easy as people would think. I tried once with palm wood and a fire drill - failed miserably!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mantis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-09 10:06 pm   Permalink

Nice stroking. Sarah know you're doing this? Z

View Profile of Tiki Mantis Send a personal message to Tiki Mantis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation