FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-21 09:50, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Lost In Paradise #10: Yo-ho-ho and a Barrel of Rum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GT47lEPak8

Mahaloz and Cheers!

Chris

Hmmm....

Here's my advice. Film the segment first and THEN start drinking.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-01-21 11:16 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 11:50 am   Permalink

Where's the fun in that?

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 1:19 pm   Permalink

You need to stay sober for the Eddie show. Be a professional. Do it for Tiki !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 7:14 pm   Permalink

Yah, agreed, if there ever was a show to do legit, its that one.

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-22 7:59 pm   Permalink

Chris is back!!! Nice rendition of "15 Men"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 9:25 pm   Permalink

Arrr! I should of just edited in the last verse, it goes on and on, and I only sang half of the song, shiver me timbers!

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-24 8:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDogMike! On a side note, here's a "coming soon" of my new show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB8Vv1eMEY

So far, we've covered a lot of hot rod stuff, nothing tiki related......yet!

Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-25 07:26 am   Permalink

Great to see the continuing saga of LOST IN PARADISE and, what looks to be, an exciting new show for you with Access Rewind.

Not to contradict John-O's advice, but I say go ahead and drink & film at the same time. We've all seen enough sober show hosts. What fun is that? I doubt a sober host would have made it all the way through the bathroom sing-along.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 2:04 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz Cap'n! Already on this new show I've been to get an old school shave, cruise Route 66 in a 50's Highway Patrol car and visit a lowrider shop. If you're on Facebook, here's a link to the show page:

http://www.facebook.com/AccessRewind

Also, right now we are looking for stories and places in San Bernardino. So far, I haven't had any luck on tracking down any Tiki past in San Berdoo. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Cheers,

Chris
Lost In Paradise
and
Access Rewind

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-01-31 14:14 ]

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-31 2:41 pm   Permalink

Here you go Chris.........

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28459&forum=2&hilite=san bernardino

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 3:05 pm   Permalink

Plenty of pop-culture history associated w' Berdoo, the obvious ones are of course the original McDonalds hamburger stand and my personal fave the Orange Showgrounds, home of the aluminum geodesic Kaiser Dome and once home to the Swing Auditorium - both legendary rock concert venues.

I don't recall any tiki related spots though during the time I lived in nearby Riverside circa '77 thru '82.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 4:50 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz Bongofury, awesome info. I've driven by that place a few times and wondered if it had a tiki past. Super cool building, lying vacant.....sad.

TikiG, yah, I've covered the McDonalds hamburger stand. Super cool, apparently it was the first drive thru. Also, Taco Bell and Baker's started in San Bernardino as well. Trippy. I gotta go check out the Orange Showground stuff, looks super cool!

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 5:13 pm   Permalink

Went to scout out the "Trader Island" site. Wow! Looks like its for sale now. Anyone want to open up a tiki bar in San Berdoo?

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 6:09 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap!!

I'd love to have a go at that - who wouldn't? But San Berdoo though...rough...sketchy.

It would be nice to have a tiki destination halfway between LA and Palm Springs. Its physical location is hard to beat.

Lotto...come on baby!!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 7:03 pm   Permalink

I know, definitely tempting! I even called the number to see how much they are asking for it, LOL! No news yet.... The place is BIG too! Wish there was a way to teleport here to Cucamonga.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation