FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 07:27 am   Permalink

Lost In Paradise #11: The Eddie Bertrand Benefit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l40FXfjODMs

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 08:58 am   Permalink

Great job Chris !! This is your best episode yet.

You really captured the mood of the event, it was almost as good as being there. (Maybe better, I couldn't get that close to the stage. ) I also really liked the interviews with Paul Johnson and John Blair who put into perspective the significance and influence of Eddie.

Also thank you for capturing the Eliminators doing "Bali Hai". I don't think that's part of their catalog. Anyone who doesn't agree with the Tiki/Surf combo needs to watch that clip. And it's being performed in a Don the Beachcomber no less !!

Don't forget to change the title of the thread. How about "Surfin'" for Eddie at DTBC ??

And who was operating the shaky camera on the Bel-Airs ?? I know it wasn't you since I could see you filming in the background. Was it Spike ?? Next time feed him the Mai Tais AFTER filming. Actually though that's probably more realistic since the whole show looked that way to me by 4pm.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-02-08 12:25 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 09:44 am   Permalink

GREAT EPISODE, Chris!!
That was such a fun event! You really DID capture all of the great stuff that went on at the benefit.
John-O you bought me the first mai tai of the day, so any shaky camera work is indirectly your fault. And actually, I was the close up camera on the guitars, so I'm not sure if I was the culprit anyhow....

Again, GREAT episode!! They just keep getting better and better!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 11:22 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! That was another guy's camera work on the "Bel Air" set. I got roped into running a camera for another crew, so asked him if he could catch a little of the "Bel Air" set for me. The footage makes me a little sea sick, but I at least I got something to use, LOL! Spike and Dinah were also part of my camera crew, and their shots rock! Big Mahaloz for helping me out guys.

I plan on making another video of "The Eliminators" entire version of "Bali Hai" using some other "fun" footage I got from the event. I am stoaked I captured it. When they said they were going to do A Rodgers & Hammerstein tune, I was hoping it was the one.

I hope the video encourages more donations to go Eddie's way. Big thanks to BigTikiDude again for organizing the event.

P.S. I won a "Space Cossack Reunion" t-shirt in one of the raffles, Awesome!!!!!

P.S.S. John-O, thanks for the kind words and the heading suggestion, cheers! Don't forget, next time, Rum Barrel on me!

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-02-08 11:23 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 11:58 am   Permalink

Chris, and gang,
great video,

thanks so much.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 1:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks for this. Wish I could of been there.

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 9:04 pm   Permalink

Beach Bum Scott, twas a fun time, glad you liked it.

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-12 8:05 pm   Permalink

Lost In Paradise Mojave Oasis Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtLU7c665E

Cant Wait!!! Cheers, Chris

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 09:04 am   Permalink

If you're on the Facebook thang, be sure to "like" the "Lost In Paradise" page:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Lost-In-Paradise/190254427656607?sk=wall

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-17 1:30 pm   Permalink

Lost in Paradise Art Sale:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39198&forum=12&2

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-02-17 21:01 ]

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 09:50 am   Permalink

First batch ends tonight, help us produce more shows:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39198&forum=12&2

Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-09 09:02 am   Permalink

Just stopping in to check in on the wonderful LOST IN PARADISE.
Here's to hoping that the fundraiser has been a success & that we have more episodes to look forward to!

Of course, Access Rewind is proving to be a great way to tide oneself over between viewings of Lost in Paradise.

Great work as always, Chris.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 10:33 am   Permalink

Capn! Thanks for checking in on us. Our first art sale was great, and we are getting ready to do one more in a week and a half. We have received some art donations and are very thankful and appreciative. We really want to try and take the show to the next level, so new gear is in order. Sadly, our flip bit the dust. Here's a sneak peek at our equipment test at the "Shrunken Head" art show last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Thk_EyYp9Y

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-13 6:55 pm   Permalink

Another equipment field test, this one up in the hills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39QilvD6Pk

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 9:58 pm   Permalink

Absolutely amazing weekend at Mojave Oasis! Big Mahaloz to Queen Kamehameha and all involved. Here is my "Lost In Paradise" take on the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrWqnTLhhRE

Cheers,

Chris
Lost In Paradise
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lost-In-Paradise/190254427656607

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation