FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace crap by GROG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
crap by GROG
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-17 9:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks Danny.

Glazing like crazy right now. If GROG die and go to hell, GROG know GROG punishment would be to glaze ceramics for an eternity!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-20 02:19 am   Permalink

The army of Moai Salt and Pepper shakers poised to depart. GROG damned tired of glazing salt and pepper shakers!!

20 Tiki Bob Shot Glasses and a handful of S&P's made it out of the kiln OK. More glazing pain in the ass.

Textured Moai Mug with Topknot lid. Got one more in the kiln firing now.

A couple of primitive looking GROG bowls turned out well. There are three more bowls in the kiln that had to be touched up, but they're not primitive looking like these bowls. Hopefully when they come out of the kiln this time they'll be all right. Damned quality control!

A couple of Moai mugs from 1963 Duncan mold with an interesting textured glaze.

Still having glaze problems with Java Bobs, so not very many of those are going to make it to Oasis. GROG will rejoice when GROG get to break that mold into a million pieces!!

Heading down to San Diego as soon as the rest of the stuff is cool enough to pull out of the kiln, which will probably be afternoon some time, so GROG won't get there until Friday evening. See ya'll this weekend.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-20 05:22 am   Permalink

I never tire of seeing an army of moai - they are looking great Grog, i didn't know you had become such an expert mug-maker. The tiki bob shots are very crisp indeed. Keep it up and good luck with the last firing (and the sales at Oasis). Hope to get one off you another time.
Cheers.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-20 09:11 am   Permalink

Thanks Harro. All the mistakes GROG make on the Java Bobs has taught GROG what to do and not to do on the Bob Shots. Still, trying to get those clean lines is a pain in the ass. The primitive stuff is much more fun to do.

Quote:

On 2010-08-20 05:22, harro wrote:
Hope to get one off you another time.

Women tell GROG this all the time.

Kiln is fired, just got to wait for it to cool down to unload. Lot's of packing up crap to bring to Oasis in store for GROG today. All those damned salt and pepper shakers! It's not big stuff, but there's alot of it.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 2:37 pm   Permalink

Don't take them Grog, leave them at home and then sell them after Oasis to people like me

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-21 3:37 pm   Permalink

Nice work Grog!
Have a good show.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 4:59 pm   Permalink

Me like Grog art. Me agree with TikTtres. Grog come to Pennsylvania & we buy Grog's art.

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 2:59 pm   Permalink

Grog thanks for the kick ass ceramics my friend!!

I hope it was worth all the glazing pain to bring them to Oasis because they were awesome

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-24 01:29 am   Permalink

Thanks everybody who came by, chat with GROG, and buy GROG crap. All the Bob Shots and S&Ps went fast, and the Java Bobs that made it went bye bye. The bowls were swiped up quickly. The Moai army is much smaller now.

It great meeting new people and chatting with old friends. This GROG first time vend at Oasis, and GROG thank slim and trim Nick Camara from Tiki Magazine for having GROG at him table. GROG miss being able to run around and see everybody's awesome stuff, but that help GROG not buy too much stuff and destroy any profit GROG make. Thanks Otto and Baby Doe for another fun Oasis, and Derek Yaniger for being the cool cat that he is and hanging out with GROG. Great meeting Marina the Mermaid; what an awesome lady/fish. It was REALLY GREAT seeing Marie there and seeing how well she is recovering from her car crash. Thanks Mieko and Skinny Dog for doing the Tiki-Kate fund raising auction. GROG hope it made lots of money for Kate.

GROG hope GROG ceramics bring their new owners many years of pleasure.

As soon as GROG recuperate from Oasis, GROG get back to work and try and get some more Bob Shots and etc. for all who have expressed interest in obtaining some.

Got a couple of bowls that had some troubles and GROG see if GROG can salvage them. GROG have 5 lighter Java Bobs and 5 darker, two-toned Java Bobs that need to be fixed, but several of those are already spoken for.

And thank you to everybody who take time to look at GROG' crap and give nice compliments. You guys ROCK!!

blacklagoon

Posted: 2010-08-25 2:37 pm   Permalink

Let me know when you have some stuff for sale, I would like to pick up a few pieces.

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-08-25 3:07 pm   Permalink

Grog - I love my Moai mug with da lid and Tiki Bob shot... THERE AWESOME!!
Great meeting you at Oasis too....
You Dakine bra....
beachbumz

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-25 3:28 pm   Permalink

Got a number of orders to fill Pablo, so GROG let you know as soon GROG have more inventory. Got some Moai Salt Peppers left over.

Great meeting you Beachbumz! GROG glad you like GROG' crap. GROG hope it bring you many years of enjoyment.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 4:17 pm   Permalink

Grog thank you again for my special pink glazed Tiki Bob shot glass..he was unexpected and so adorable ! Hope to see you up here for the parking lot sale. Lots of love caveman xxoxoxoxo

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 11:41 pm   Permalink

GROG has clay in his blood! Nice hanging with you this last weekend...GROG need to come down more often.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:01 am   Permalink

GROG love hanging with Babalu. U da best!! Definitely need to come down there more often!

Cheers!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation