FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace crap by GROG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
crap by GROG
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:03 am   Permalink

Glad you liked the Pink Bob Shot, Leleliz.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-07-21 09:59 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:33 am   Permalink

Hey Ernie you should post what you have left over Oasis .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2010-08-26 2:39 pm   Permalink

Your Salt and Pepper are on my list.

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 4:02 pm   Permalink

Me interested in Grog left-overs.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 4:04 pm   Permalink

Grog great stuff after buying a shot and shakers I won the auction and now have a Java Bob, little small for my consumption but I am using it right now

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 8:49 pm   Permalink

Grog, it was great meeting you! I love my Moai mug. Here is a photo of the goodies I picked up at Oasis!!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:44 pm   Permalink

That's a nice haul Mauitiki. GROG mug honored to be amongst such great mugs. It was really nice meeting you, too. Hope you can make it to Oasis again next year.

There some things that not make it to Oasis--- some Java Bobs that need their glaze fixed, and a couple of bowls that need some glaze fixing, too. GROG got some orders from people, so PM GROG if you want something and GROG put you on list, but it all has to be poured, cleaned, fired, glazed, and fired again before it ready. There only one Tiki Bob shot mold, so GROG can only pour about three a day, and then GROG also have to have enough stuff made to fill the kiln enough to make it cost effective to do a firing. So, in other words----if you order something now like Bob Shots or Bob S&Ps, they probably won't be ready for a month or so. Ceramics are definitely not an "instant gratification" type of art. There's also plenty of steps along the way to a finished product, so plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-07-21 10:01 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:50 pm   Permalink

some day . . .

grog very skilld.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-27 12:07 am   Permalink

Thanx.

GROG

Posted: 2010-08-29 11:27 am   Permalink

GROG pouring greenware like crazy to get all the orders filled, but only one Bob Shot mold makes it a bit slow going. You can only pour a few a day. You have to let your mold dry out between pours, or it degrades faster and you get fewer pieces out of it before it becomes unusable. GROG try and make a few more plaster molds today, but it takes a week for them to dry out before you can start using them to cast pieces.

Here's the main problem with some of the glazing on the Java Bobs. Runny Mascara eyes, and runny type. GROG has remedied the problem, and no longer has the problem when glazing Bob Shots, but GROG still have to go in and fix the Java Bobs.

GROG has had several people ask about the two bowls that didn't make it to Oasis. GROG took them with GROG to ceramic place where GROG get supplies, and they help GROG figure out what GROG doing wrong, so hopefully GROG not have this problem anymore in the future.

Glaze chipping off on the first bowl, and glaze "crawling" on the second. The second bowl already has the glaze touchups on the bowl, so you can't really see the prblem, but you can see where the problem was. Hopefully with some glaze touch ups and refiring these guys can be salvaged, too.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 11:44 pm   Permalink

OK, glazing mugs looks like a big pain-in-the-ass.

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-30 09:25 am   Permalink

It IS a pain in the ass, but most of the troubles are from GROG' inexperience as ceramicist and firing (first time to own a kiln and fire GROG own stuff). But, GROG learning as GROG go and should have fewer and fewer glaze problems. (knock on wood)

WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 09:34 am   Permalink

To have GROG bowl with small blemish would still be treasure!!

I appreciate the time, effort and hard work

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-09-07 11:03 am   Permalink

Everybody who order GROG' crap, thanks for your patience. Here photographic evidence GROG working to get those orders filled.

Made a few more Bob Shot molds, so GROG can pour more greenware per day.
They need a couple more days of drying before GROG can start pouring them.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 10:24 am   Permalink

I see my mug!!!
ok, now. Chop chop!
Get to glazing, Grog!

-Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation