FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikibad's tiki mugs and other projects
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tikibad's tiki mugs and other projects
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 1:47 pm   Permalink

Hi all, well started to make tiki mugs, I have made around 16 of them, and its flowing, carving them out of leather hard clay, as soon as I get enough to get the kiln filled, then I will fire then . Then start making molds and cast them. I am having a great time doing this carving. most of the time its just pick up the piece, carve a line or 2 in the clay, and it starts to flow out. let me know what you think here are some of them. thanks tikibad scott

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 2:00 pm   Permalink

TikiBad, you've been a bad, bad tiki. I'm liking it a lot. You're on FIRE ! Tiki on wit yo' bad self.

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 2:15 pm   Permalink

Those are gonna be cool! Love to see some more progress pic!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 08:10 am   Permalink

here one I did yesturday afternoon in an hour, just letting it flow, as it comes tikibad scott
progress shots

these are other ones I did last week

here the one I did in an hour

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-04 08:35 am   Permalink

Scott, I like that you are carving these out of leatherhard clay instead of sculpting them out of soft clay. Most people put their ceramics in the "Other Crafts" forum but this technically is carving, I guess it belongs here

What is that clay you are using and are you carving them with bamboo tools?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 07:18 am   Permalink

well here are 2 more, I have 6 going to be fired this week. very cool cant wait

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 6:59 pm   Permalink

well they are getting better, here is some more I did thursday

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 10:04 pm   Permalink

Man Tikibad, these are all not looking Bad at ALL!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 08:08 am   Permalink

thanks! I am having fun carving and just letting it flow out, I pick up the first fired batch today, very excited.

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-20 8:27 pm   Permalink

there fired bisk ware, getting ready to make my molds. tiki bad

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 7:50 pm   Permalink

More Awesome Stuff, Man you're really on a Roll, Keep pumping them out while'ya can

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 8:01 pm   Permalink

ok heres something really cool, just found out my vw bus is going to be in volksworld camper New Zealand trip edition. My bus is atiki theme and on the cover. think its comeing out in oct or nov look for it . Idid all the carving and interior (except for the carved tiki I got a Oceanantic arts) but the rest I did.

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-02 06:58 am   Permalink

Your Van is real cool, do you have a thread link for it?

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 09:36 am   Permalink

all I have is wwwnoworrieskiwikat.com shirts and car stuff the bus is on that and my 57 ford pick with a hemi as well

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 10:05 am   Permalink

here are 2 of my shirts

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation