FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Halloween art show at the Tonga Hut October 31--4pm to ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Halloween art show at the Tonga Hut October 31--4pm to ?
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 12:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-20 22:07, GROG wrote:
Tobor, those were at Rough Draft Halloween parties...

Ah, yes. The halls of the studio still to this day reverberate with the faint erotic wailings of that particular Halloween bash. I only got to sample one of the RDS parties & that one was more like a Church Ice Cream Social compared to the ones you went to.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-26 12:41 pm   Permalink

GROG preview of what GROG have in art show. (This is the back side. It's based on idea Kirby tell GROG to make) GROG waiting for underglaze to arrive by UPS so GROG can color it and fire it. Then GROG have to clear glaze it and fire it again. That is, if it survives the first firing. It's had a crack in the bottom that GROG has had to repair a couple of times as it's drying. So hopefully the repair will hold and not crack even more in the bisque firing. Or if it does crack, hopefully it's small enough the glaze will fill it in.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 2:13 pm   Permalink

On the "Light-er" side of topic,the Tonga Hut doesn't carry Bud Light... in fact we carry NO Anheuser-Busch products at all which means you may wait a very long time for one

The fact remains, the Tonga Hut is working diligently on making the Tonga Hut the best Tiki establishment anywhere and will contunue to for another 52 years. The Tonga Hut in fact celebrates her 52nd Anniversary as the Original Tonga Hut this month.

It is in fact, the oldest thriving Tiki Bar in not only L.A. but also in So.Ca. The Tonga Hut was never a bar and restaurant or a Hunting Lodge decor bar with a "tiki patio" added on in later years just a mid-century modern type "Tiki Bar" only to "Trader Sam's" in San Francisco is it younger than.(per Critiki) FACT.

Fact, the Tonga Hut has only had three(3) owners. In fact, two(2) brothers, Ace & his brother opened it and ran it as the Tonga Hut never any other name. Fact, "Tiki Drinks" were on the menu such as the original house drink the "Tonga Punch" fact, this cocktail is still remains on the menu today.

Fact, the Tonga Hut is still here at it's original location,
    12808 Victory Bl. No. Hollywood Ca.
    Open 7 days a week 4pm-2am with Happy Hour from 4-8pm

HipHipaHulA's "Tonga Time" Friday & Saturday 4:30-6:00pm extra $$savings on Tiki cocktails. Happy Hour continuing until 8pm.
    Sunday, "Exotica Sunday" 4-8PM with HipHiPaHulA PLUS DJ Marty Lush of Tikiyaki Orch. fame & fortune!

Join us please, we are always ready to take you on you Zombies for Best Damn Halloween party EVER!

P.S. Don't go bashin' Trader Sams either, their neighborhood endears it, it's a survivor and I would like to see it remain. We hope to see better and brighter tiki days ahead for Trader Sam's ... Don't give up on it, there is hope, we have proved it.

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-10-26 14:45 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 4:17 pm   Permalink

Holy Smokes GROG !!

Are you still training ??

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-28 11:46 am   Permalink

Artists: Jeremy said there's no room to store anything before the show, so bring your artwork to the Tonga Hut between 11am and 3pm on Sunday Oct. 31 to put up the art show. For each piece of art, make a card that has the Title, Medium, artist's name, and price. Vendors need to be set up by 4pm.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-28 2:15 pm   Permalink

I'll be spinning some killer tracks during the show. And I promise to shower before hand.

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 5:23 pm   Permalink

Wow GROG sure has run the full spectrum of costumes!

Great sneak peeks at the art folks!
GROG -- Hope your pieces survive the fire!
Stephen -- the eye candy is killer, look forward to seeing the rest soon!
OceaOtica -- cork zombie is awesome!

Here is a (in progress) sneak peek of Werewolf of NoHo.
Thanks for the heads up Ernie!
Now I can keep working on it til Sunday
More to come....

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 9:33 pm   Permalink

sorry for bailing out but i got all busy with install work,

It'll be a great show wit out me!!

lol..

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 10:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone, Here's a peek at my offering
for the show. My inspiration..... my gazillionth
viewing of Treasure Island and a hot buttered rum
a few weeks back. I am super bummed I wont be able to make
it. I hope everyone has a super time and good luck to all
of you artist's. I know this show is going to look amazing!
And thank you Ernie for having me in the show!

"Keep to the code"

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2010-10-29 12:05 am   Permalink

Oh, that is cool!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-29 12:28 pm   Permalink

Sorry you can't make it "Boo"Ben.

Wow, everybody's art is looking really neat. GROG looking forward to seeing the all the art. GROG think this is going to be a really fun show.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

GROG

Posted: 2010-10-29 1:00 pm   Permalink

"?"-O-Lantern made it through the bisque fire without blowing up or cracking to pieces, so now GROG glazing this bastard and then another firing.

(The light blue is clear glaze. When it's fired, it becomes clear and glassy.)

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-10-29 13:03 ]

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 3:40 pm   Permalink

Not really a Halloween piece so much but it'll have to do.
Painted this for Polynesiac... because he rules.

"Thar' Be The Ruby" acrylic on masonite

Hope you like.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 3:47 pm   Permalink

Bummer, Ben, I was planning on bugging you about that mug shelf you promised me!

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 4:59 pm   Permalink

Here is a picture of our flicker light " Skull Bowl " finished, It turned out pretty cool,

more pics here -->
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24254&forum=18&start=525&528

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation