FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Halloween art show at the Tonga Hut October 31--4pm to ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Halloween art show at the Tonga Hut October 31--4pm to ?
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-29 5:51 pm   Permalink

GoGo! Wow! You've set the bar pretty high! Great work! You can just drop that bowl off at my place on your way to the Tonga Hut!

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-10-29 17:54 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:37 pm   Permalink

Man, we're going to have some killer pieces at the show!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 10:29 pm   Permalink

Grog good luck w the pumpkin! Gogo awesome bowl!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 10:42 pm   Permalink

Wow! a Crapload of great lookin pieces here!
Gonna be a great show!
Jason-get that werewoof finished!
Empee's piece is PERFECT!
Have fun kids and hope to see y'alls soon!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 08:46 am   Permalink

Looks like it's going to be a frighteningly good show!! I pumped out nine black velvets...all skulls and shrunken heads to add spice to the darkness of the Tonga air. Also bringing a nice quantity of the new limited "afordable" shrunken heads...as seen on TC.

See yah there!! ~~THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 11:24 am   Permalink

Although it was a low turnout, I had a great time,, The art was really awesome.And if you didnt have a chance to stop by on Halloween,The art is still hanging and alot of it is still available to purchase You should defiantly go check it out!!
Speaking of art available The pieces i did for the show are still for sale,and will be ready to ship to you as soon as the show is taken down in a few weeks..Pm me is your interested
"skully brains cocktail! on scrap wood $80 plus shipping

"fire on the water" (named by Jeremy, owner of the tonga hut)$250 framed plus shipping

mahalo Kirby

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2010-10-30 11:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2010-11-04 16:43 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-30 2:38 pm   Permalink

That Tiki painting turned out nice, Kirbs.

GROG has stuff firing in the kiln right now. Fingers crossed it all turns out OK, especially the hand-made ?-O-Lantern.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 3:14 pm   Permalink

I hope Grog's Jack-O-Lantern turns out too, Looks great so far, Here is our last art item for the art show, " Bathing in Death " bowl, This seductive witch loves to bath in her witches couldron, I think it turned out pretty cool!

We will have some cool tiki items too, Plus 10 limied " Skull " mugs and 2 limited " Franken-Stein " mugs for just $15 bucks each!

Thanks Grog and Tonga Hut for the invite, Gogo and Dani

more pics. Here -->
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24254&forum=18&start=525&532

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2010-10-30 15:15 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-30 3:38 pm   Permalink

Excellent!!

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 10:05 pm   Permalink

Hey fellow Tiki Creepi's...here's a sneak of three of the nine velvets I had fun with for Tonga on Halloween.....more will be at the show...I will be inside with a hand full of these but see Max in the lot for my prints and more at "Taboo Island".
~~~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2010-10-30 22:13 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 11:50 pm   Permalink

all the work is looking great! My father is in the hospital so i am now near Loma Linda and will have to back out of the show. Hope everyone has a blast and hopefully see you all at the next one.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-31 06:10 am   Permalink

Very cool work by all! And Thor, that first one reminds me of the creature from Trilogy Of Terror which haunted my youth for many days after first seeing it!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 06:25 am   Permalink

HAAA Yah.. That one IS...a Halloween tribute on velvet to the Zuni Fetish Doll from "Trilogy of Terror"..it has lil'jewel eyes that reflect light and really comes to life... See you tonight.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 09:28 am   Permalink

TRILOGY OF TERROR!
CLASSIC!
Nice One Thor!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-31 09:42 am   Permalink

Nice stuff Tom.

Sorry you couldn't make it to the show Cass. GROG hope your father will be OK.

Looks like the "BOB"-O-Lantern survived. GROG worried about some of the orange underglaze. Some of it flaked off in the bisque firing, but GROG touched it up and it seems to be on in the glaze firing. GROG would like to hit it with another layer of clear and fire again, but GROG still bringing it to the art show. The problem was it still had too much moisture before the bisque fire. Didn't have time for it to dry out enough before the first fire.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2010-10-31 10:32 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation